Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Proof that the mango theory is true

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Vaked420, Aug 17, 2013.

1. So the mango theory is if you eat mangoes before you smoke then you'll get higher. But some people say no its just placebo effect. Well I've proved it now.

I just smoked a little to catch a buzz about half an hour ago and I got realllly high. I had no idea why then I was like wait a fucking second. I had a smoothie this morning and put frozen mangoes in it. So even before I knew I had eaten mangoes I already felt higher so it can't be placebo effect.

Boom.

2. #2 HighAsPhuck, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    Cool story, bro.  At what point do you present the proof?

3. Yeah..I wouldn't call your experience 'proof' as the placebo effect works both ways.

That said, Mangos and Cannabis both share the terpene, myrcene, which facilitates the passing of THC through the blood-brain barrier, so scientifically, yes Mangos do allow you to absorb more THC in a shorter time span.

4. Well that's it for me, I'm definitely a true believer now

5. Soooooooooo great

6. So if the thc is absorbed faster does that mean it will be a shorter high? Or is it similar to the way that a bong makes you feel higher because it all hits you at once unlike a joint.

7. Shun the non believers ... On reddit there was a chemist doing a AMA who works in a weed analysis lab & he confirmed that mango do in fact get you higher

No one is refuting is claim, just saying that one person getting more high one time isn't really proof.

9. Regardless mangos taste great 

10. Maybe so, but they are a first class bitch to roll.

11. #11 Kalashnikov95, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
    I heard that the mango fibers get stuck on the wall linings of your intestines/wherever the mango touches. This restricts air flow or something and so your pores open up to recieve more air, opening the way for thc to shoot to the brain :D
    Works with Thyme as well apparently

12. Hate to burst or bubble but it doesn't prove a thing because I can smoke the same bud at diff times of day same amount but different effects depending on time day and a lot of factors ... I can't disprove your theory because I never eat mangos

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Mango have small traces of cbd and THC that's y come on guys I thought everyone knew this.....
    we need a real experiment done with a weed pro / nutrientsist

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Mangoes contain myrcene, which aids THC in crossing the blood-brain barrier. However, to my knowledge, no one has ever conducted a documented scientific study on whether mangoes actually have enough myrcene to significantly affect one's high.

15. too bad mangos taste like shit

16. I'd have to disconcur with that.

17. I have to try it, I love mangos!
    We all love the green
    You and I
    Let's smoke some weed
    & get high! :)

18. Mangos also contain Urushiol, the oil that causes Poison Ivy/Sumac.

19. You sir. You have no honor...

20. So where exactly is the proof you speak of?