Any news for England?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Ragman Da Rasta, Aug 17, 2013.

1. The president already said some 1 has to be the first    as  an ex freedom fighter  I think he don't give a shit what the UN thinks good for Uruguay  VIVA :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello: Hope for us all

2. #42 M369, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  3. Brilliant post, this is our planet and our plant, fuck them

4. #45 tokeupchillout, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    This could be just what we need in this country to get the ball rolling.

So do you think anyone will a) invade or b) push for international sanctions?
    It's just the UN prohibition council worried about their jobs, worried they'll become even more irrelevant.
    The US is moving pretty rapidly towards legalisation and who else is going to make a stink about little Uruguay?

I figure the Temperance Union / Daily Mail / Tories will fight tooth and claw to prevent the UK entering the 21st century.
    We'll probably need to see 5-10 years of legalisation elsewhere before things will change here.
    I hope I'm wrong though. 

We'll see what the libdem review turns up. I like the noises Norman Baker is making.
    It's all about harm-based policy. Too bad they're the junior party in govt.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/norman-baker-legal-highs-trade-2928304

Yeah exactly it's fucking stupid, totally irrelevant the fact he 'uses' cannabis. They might as well have said 'water, alcohol, food user'. Fuck some people really piss me off haha :L

7. The reason the government won't allow it is because it would become available medicinally when it becomes decriminalized, but because of our NHS system a lot of people will try and forge their own prescriptions and get weed for free, that's the fucked up part of it. You'll have people that are claiming disability benefits or are on the dole when they can get a job and have nothing wrong with them, and they'll just claim free weed, but that'll cost the government even more money, so because the lazy assholes won't sort any of those problems out, or keep the number or illegal immagrants claiming benefits then they won't let weed out medicinally and I'd definitely say they won't decriminalize it. But, I do think that if the Labour party come into government, I can see a class change in their first 2 years and then maybe a future of a recreational allowance like in Colorado

8. This country prides itself on it's old ass, archaic ways, it's as much part of it's heritage as... Oxford vs Cambridge (perfect example). So unless we get a complete upheaval and re-vamping of our modern governtment i fear it's all a pipe dream (excuse the pun).

9. Arent there countries with government healthcare as well as medical marijuana like Canada and Czech Republic? How do they handle it?

10. Both of those countries don't have as much of a problem with illegal immigration and benefit fraud, let's face it, it's the most hated thing over here

I don't know much about benefit fraud in Czech Republic or Canada myself. I don't know much about their healthcare systems either. I am just wondering how they deal with medical cannabis while having government healthcare. I am pretty sure the US government programs (medicare/medicaid) do not cover medical cannabis.

I would guess that if cannabis were legalized and its medicinal benefits were recognized by government then there would be some kind of regulation to prevent everybody from getting "free" cannabis. So perhaps cannabis wouldn't be available through the NHS but a doctor could recommend it. If cannabis based medicine were available thrugh the NHS then it would probably not be that easy to get a prescription for it. My understanding right now is that Sativex can be prescribed through the NHS however it would be difficult for most people to get a prescription.

12. If it was to be medically legalised they should make it a paid for prescription without the NHS involved. If people have life threatening illnesses it should be on the NHS, it makes sense really.

This government is crap, I hate living under their policies. When will they see sense and just decriminlise it? Would save so much police time, instead of them having to either confiscate or take you to the cells. I'm an adult I shouldn't be limited to what plants I smoke :(

13. Is anyone else noticing a growing interest in weed and medical weed in the UK since colorado legalised this year? Maybe i just know a lot of stoners but my Facebook is littered with articles and such about weed nowadays. 

14. I think now that America is starting to legalise it in a few states, it seems the past few months everyone's been a bit more relaxed about the issue of cannabis. As they now know its not the devils lettuce and does have lots of medicinal affects.