Any news for England?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Ragman Da Rasta, Aug 17, 2013.

1. It was all positive until the spokesman for the home office came along

2. The Tories are probably going to hold power for the next two decades if not more. They have told us many times they have ZERO interest in every allowing it to be legalized, as they believe it is a dangerous and harmful drug. That is the umoving position of our government.

Labour doesn't really care either. What this means is, it's not going to be legalized in our lifetime. Marijuana will remain crap and impossible to find in the UK. Lucky us!

3. I dont know where you're looking but ive always found amazing bud wherever ive been staying, the Uk has decent bud and even a few of our own strains.
    Ive always said id be against recreational use in this country for many reasons, im totally up for medicinal useage though as its proven to cure/treat a range of problems.

4. I dont know where you're looking but ive always found amazing bud wherever ive been staying, the Uk has decent bud and even a few of our own strains.

Ive always said id be against recreational use in this country for many reasons, im totally up for medicinal useage though as its proven to cure/treat a range of problems.

I find it surprising someone who does not believe in allowing people to do something as harmless as smoke cannabis without being harassed the police would be here.

I don't think there is any good bud in the UK, at all, generally speaking. Yea, if you live somewhere in the outskirts away from a city, where the meagre amounts of decent bud is grown, maybe you can get hooked up. But the bud that floats around UK, is almost uniformly garbage. Yes, you can get some decent stuff, but the point is, no one can get good bud consistently in a city, because it doesn't exist.

What's worse is, tons of blazers think they are smoking normal bud, but its some horrid sprayed stuff from Amsterdam. Most of the cannabis on sale in the UK is from Amsterdam, that's just how it is. And most of the stuff Amsterdam exports is sprayed with sand. So what does this mean? The VAST majority of cannabis in the UK is sprayed.

Whether its recreational or medicinal, it would have to be de facto decriminalized, which would lead to much of the same conditions. Personally, I think it's retarded to keep to illegal either way. The Tories are all diet Nazis, who hate the country and want everyone who is not the 1% dead. Fuck them. They have made it clear cannabis will never see relief under them.

• Agree Agree x 1

5. Oh no i agree that by rights we should be able to smoke cannabis freely but the cons out weigh the pros for me, i know alot of people who grow/sell bud as they cant find a job and they can pay their rent, bills and buy food from the money. If it became legalised massive companys would take over and dealers would move onto class a's to make money.

It doesnt matter to me if it was legalised i can get banging bud in every place ive lived in, you're talking for every single stoner in the uk by saying nobody can get decent consistent supply when you clearly know that thats not true. Just because you havn't got a good supply doesnt mean every other smoker doesnt.

The thing about imported bud is total bullshit, do you honestly think over 50% of the bud smoked in the Uk comes from abroad? I know for a fact most of the bud we smoke is grown in this country, the majority coming out of Manchester and Liverpool.. Massive Vietnamese gangs up there.

The Torys want the 99% dead? If we all died they would no longer be the 1%...

6. #188 freenerd, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
    If it became legalized there would be all sorts of options, and quality control. If dealers want to, they can open cafes and dispensaries. On a whole, more people would be making way more money of legalization, MORE people would be employed, making more money, not less.

And we would get rid of the useless middlemen that exist now.

I absolutely think most of the street weed is from Amsterdam! 99.9% of the cannabis sold in London is from Amsterdam. I don't know the exact proportions across the country, but it's a shit ton. One decent connect doesn't mean much. How many dealers do you know? How many have you hung out with? Do you really know the quality of the shit that floats around? I am ashamed to say, I have a very very very broad and long experience of seeing this. There is homegrown shit, but it's so small compared to the quantity of Amster bud.

It's just simple fucking maths. It is illegal in the UK to grow bud, therefore not much of it is grown, certainly not even close to enough to meet demand. While a near limitless supply of shitty bud can come from Amsterdam, and does. There is way more of that stuff around, and most importantly, it is way cheaper. Not all Amsterdam bud is sandy bullshit, so how would you even know if it came from Amsterdam?

Honestly there is a MASSIVE problem in the UK with sprayed Amsterdam bud. Congrats, if you personally don't come across it, but I don't understand why you are so shocked to know a lot of, if not most of an illegal drug that requires big difficult operations to grow, comes from abroad.

7. #189 freenerd, Jan 5, 2016
    UK police have DRAMATICALLY ramped up busting pot farms, and massive indoor operations. It's too bad. Whenever cannabis busts start to rise such as these, the quality suffers very much so, as it is doing right now. Tories are not going to let this rest.

The number of cannabis farms raided by police has almost doubled - the equivalent of three being uncovered on Merseyside every day.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news...

8. Not everyone has £10000-£15000 laying around to set up a business. I agree worth it creating more jobs and that would be a really big plus.

Exactly you "think" that the majority of bud is imported you don't know. I know the Albanians import a lot of bud into the country but if I had to guess it wouldn't even make up 5% of the bud smoked per year.

Just because it's illegal people don't grow it? I suppose there is no murder or rape in this country either... As that's illegal too.

I'm prepared to agree to disagree as we won't be agreeing on this!

9. #191 M369, Jan 5, 2016
    People tell you it's from Amsterdam because they think it will be a good selling point. But I guarantee 9 times out of 10 it's not.

Like in America people tell you it's Cali bud. It's a sales tactic, everyone knows some of the best bud in Europe is in Amsterdam.

I think your statistics are WAY off.

10. Certainly been some positive articles awhile back about Durham Police looking the other way where possible.
    I think he probably is a little anti conservative and struggling under these cuts, deems it the least of troubles and is using it as somewhat of a finger aimed in the direction of westminster, highlighting that he has to pull back man hours somewhere.

However I'm very supportive of this step.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jul/22/dur...
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/...

Apparently Dorset and Surrey are following suit.. At a boys!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-ord...

BBC speculates will Durham become 'New Amsterdam'. haha, imagine.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33642016/can...

11. thanks for sharing the England news.

12. No problem man, its been exciting sitting here watching the US development of legalisation and the growing industry and other states/campaigners using the momentum and feedback from legal states, to push their legalisation motives.

My worry is that majority (certainly not all) medical benefit, is mainly stemming from the CBD cannabinoid rather than THC. The main basis behind acceptance of legalisation seems to be the medical benefits, and somewhat taxation, but with regard to general populace, acceptance seems to stem from more medical benefit.
    Which has me worried that it will slowly lean towards an extraction based CBD only treatments and completely move away from acceptance of smoking and feeling high. Maybe Im wrong, fingers crossed, certainly looks promising with sativex spray being 1:1 THC:CBD and being considered in parts of the UK for treatment of MS.

time will tell...

13. #195 smokeyblokey, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016

The opposite over this side of the country man, I'm originally a scouser.

And as mentioned above the police are increasingly looking the other way across other areas of the UK.

14. The police in my area give exactly zero shits about personal (1-2 plant(s)) grows, they're more interested in large operations. Lesson there is grow your own, seeds are legal.

15. If the police hear you are growing even the smallest amounts, say from a scorned girl friend, they will raid you.

I believe you police in some areas don't care, thats how its always been. But across the country, in general, there are more pot arrests in this year then there have been in any year in the past decade.

Raids and arrests have more than doubled in the large cities, especially where they are grown.

16. #198 gorilla grower, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Where are these statistics your quoting?
    How can there be more arrests for growing if 99% is imported?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I live in a medium/large suburban town, my neighbour is a officer (who is pro legalisation) who knew that someone in our street was growing, as far as I'm aware she never did anything about it. From what I can tell the most of the other officers in the area either feel the same way or that cannabis related police work is a massive waste of time and money and ignore what they can.

but yeah, if they get a tip they're forced to investigate. Which is why my small personal grow is a well hidden secret from everyone.

18. Thank you for an interesting Topic coverage. A lot of informative.