Any news for England?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Ragman Da Rasta, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Personally I don't think we will ever see legalization in the UK, there isn't enough pressure on our government to convince them. Anyone who produces evidence to support the idea is ignored. For example, David Nutt, the first ever drugs advisor to get the sack for doing his job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8334774.stm

2. Nutt didn't even want weed legalised, he just wanted it degraded from Class B to C, I don't understand why the government reacted so harshly?

3. If anything is Gunna happen it will happen in the run up to the elections (2015) and used for popularity for the party. Tbh tho I can't see it being legalised for the next 10-15 years.

Ohh they do love creating criminals.

Think of it as a warning shot to any other ministers "Wasting their time" 

5. I doubt they'll decriminalize it here it gives the police a no reason reason to fuck about with everyone. they search you for free and use there brutality against you saying you was resisting just so they could show the ranks they doing something i fink we all need to show sum civilian brutality against them then we legalise weed puff n relax

6. Yes, I have some good news for you. Just don't give a fuck what the government does or doesn't do. Keep doing what you're doing- smoking, growing, living, being, and if or when they decide its time to change something, you won't care, and hopefully even need to notice.

7. Weed will never b legal in UK. It's a class issue and the government look down there noses at us for smokin it. If all them fox hunters and polo players smoked weed it wld get legalized

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #9 esseff, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
    Plus, they're so in bed with big Pharma, as many end up on their boards not long after they finish representing us. It might still become more widely accepted as a medicine though, and they already prescribe something that is a cannabis tincture. They may have no choice but to change it in some way. Not any time soon I feel.

9. Agree with the others. Countries like the Netherlands and Canada pile the pressure on by publicising the fact that they want it legalised. We are a tad more conservative and traditional here - old habits die hard. 

10. I'm from the UK &
    Have big plans for that day it's legalised; it will be legal one day everywhere; if its illegal the day I die I won't have had a happy life :(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I really hope one of the party's are going to exploit this for there own good, I mean that's what they are best at...

It would be a win win situation, the stoners win as we won't be getting arrested for smoking a fucking plant, and the party should get voted in to power but who knows.

Plus think of the tax that could be made off selling it, it could go towards helping out the most vulnerable in this country, the jobless/single mothers.

There is to much revenue being missed by this.

12. Agreed. Thanks for pointing it out as I'll now watch it.

13. ha, england will never legalise because of all these fucking crackheads that smoke it, and all the retarded scum that cause violence over someone owing them 20 quid for a bud

14. What a ignorant statement, I'm fairly sure crackheads smoke crack. And if someone owes you £20 its the principle not the amount.

15. UKIP say they are looking into it, I asked them about it when they tried to get me to vote for them. Not good enough, I told them I wont vote for anybody until it gets pushed forward.

The first party who grows some balls I'll vote for.

Have you seen Jeremy Kyle? his show has the kind of people i'm on about. Fighting over any amount of money is straight up dumb in my opinion.