Do I NEED to adjust ph?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rhinodank, Aug 16, 2013.

1. So I have a few plants that I am growing in my backyard and I have a little bit of a problem . It seems like they have a nitrogen deficiency. Idk what to do... Do I use vegging nutes to get the nitrogen back up? I'm not using any nutes because I'm scared to fuck up all my progress... So here's my question : if I add 1/4 tsp of big bloom to a gallon of water and water them, do I NEED to adjust ph?? I mean, the plants just need a little nitrogen it looks like, so what should I do? I'm using distilled water and am in ffof potting soil and My ph is around 6.5 or so. So if the nutes take the water ph down to about 5.8, do I have to bring it back to 6.5? Or will the plant be fine? Posting pics in a few min

2. #2 Rhinodank, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    Also their all on flowering lol forgot to mention that. But they JUST started flowering like 2 weeks ago. And also I've noticed something: after a few days of not watering the plants, it seems like the problem comes back? Is it normal for a deficiency to go away briefly after watering? It comes back, but not for a few days after being dry. I basically have plants that are flowering, they are showing yellowing on the bottom parts of the plants, and I'm not sure if adjusting ph after adding the nutes is necessary? I just don't have any ph up and it brings my ph down quite a bit. What do I do bros? Should I just add the nutes? Here's some pics. Notice the yellowing? Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. Need help guys... What about the yellow leaves? Should I take all the yellow leaves off, or just the really bad ones? There's like 6 or 7 more yellow leaves this morning then there were last night... What do I do?!
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Bump??

5. Leave the leaves alone dont cut them let them fall off. It looks like you might have a little nitrogen def, but the other growth looks pretty good...

6. For the PH Part I never "ph'ed" my water/soil/whatever on my plant(s),but yeah I use this website when I got some problems(rarely). I didn't checked for your problem(lazy lol) but yeah they offer a solution+pictures of the problem. But remember,if you see something that looks like that,doesnt mean it is. 

*not trying to advertise or anything,just helping*

7. One plant gets completely yellow leaves, while the others have green veins, but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I still think it's the same problem though cause its only affecting bottom leaves/branches. On one of my plants, the lower branches are like 80% gone...

Attached Files:

8. OK but should I add nutes without adjusting? One of them took a turn last night... Yellow all over... Wtf... When they get nitrogen, do the leaves turn back green? Or do they just die? I really want to see this yellowing stop... To add nutes or not to add nutes... That is the question:p

9. Does anybody here use nutes without adjusting?? I just wanna know if adding nutes without adjusting ph is bad for the plants.

10. #10 Mill, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    You should try and make sure the pH is where you want it with the nutes. If you pH is off and the plant is unable to absorb the nutrients then whats the point in wasting your nutes?

A few drops of vinegar to lower the pH and baking soda to raise it. If you are organic.

Good luck

11. OK thanks. Yeah my runoff reads at about 6.3 so I just added the nutes gave them all 1/2 tsp of nutes. Ugh... One of my plants looks like shit though. It has a bad iron deficiency...that's what I think the green veins mean. Iron deficiency. Idk if the nutes will help though. I mean, I they have been in the same pots their whole life with NO nutrients added until now. So could it just be needing more iron or nitrogen? I sure hope my bloom nutes will help...

12. I'm not expert and am having problems myself which I think I just fixed - now they are slowly recovering.
    The soil you chose probably has nutrients in it, but obviously it still seems as if you are lacking something.
    Since its from the bottom up, my guess is nitrogen.
    If you are adding nutes, which is fine, make sure the pH is not too low. Do you have any lime in your soil?
    I watered my plants with some lime the other day and the pH sits right at 7. Even with lots of acidic rainwater, nutes, whatever. It keeps it pretty well balanced.

I think you should feed your plants since you are not showing any kind of nutrient burn...which would be alright anyways as long as you dont overdo it and you have the option to always flush. So from what Ive read on here it is better to have a little bit more nutes than necessary. Dont take any leaps though and always use small increments to see how the plants like it and adjust or add more from there.

I would get a pH tester from online just a cheap $10 probe you stick in the soil if you dont have one already. It totally saved me from losing my entire crop.

Let us know how it goes!
    Any new pics?