Experiment late outdoor grow Started August 1st

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by killerkuhn, Aug 15, 2013.

1. I'm gonna give it a whirl but I feel u on the cold I live at 6500 ft above sea level winter here is brutal

2. Damn that's high lol. For some reason thought you lived in Cali. But yea why not give it a try nothing ventured nothing gained. Just make sure can't be seen from street. Maybe try putting on something like a cat window perch so ain't right in window. U may need some extra light also either by moving it or artificial.

3. I'm gonna do it in my glass door in my kitchen it faces a farmer field, I got a single 65w light, I don't think it will produce much but hey it's about the therapeutic values

4. I like the idea like to know how it goes. Don't know a lot bout lighting haven't read a ton on. When I try indoor I will read more I would just buy best bulb you can for growing. Even if only 1 light better then nothing. Its all bout experimentation and seeing what's possible.

5. And no matter what you get the satisfaction of being stoned and saying yea I grew this. Can't wait

6. Haha this will most def not be a legit indoor grow I don't think it's in the same ball park but its gonna be cool ill keep everyone updated

7. That's cool not saying to be legit ain't saying you must do it this way. Marijuana is a very hardy plant she likes to grow. Go for it you don't get a lot it is still something

8. That how I look at it plus I got a few auto fem beans I don't really care for

9. My bro in law got a kandy kush and it's about 6" tall and already budding. Don't remember when he got it will try to post a pic.

10. No way we are both staring outdoor grows at the same time but where I live the Sun comes up at 5:00 and gets dark at 7pm. so Im good I believe plus its still 95 degrees here.

11. I wouldn't say so sure fail you'll get something off of it might not be much because vegetative growth was cutt in half do to the light time.. But after it gets big enough it will start producing flowers probably about a month if you 12 12 from seed just had to say is not a total fail because you can produce flowers that way

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Yea I wish I lived in an area like that. I get bout 13 hours of sun this time of year but it also is cloudy and rainy this time of year. It sucks but gotta work with it. 1St frost is usually very late October where I am so am prepared to bring em in to finish up. Also built a little greenhouse to cover em at night just incase there's a surprise frost which happens.

13. Cool love to see it. My big girl ain't close to 6ft but I started little late with it. Plus its a lst grow so side branches are the size of whole plant. She is starting to show preflowers around the 14th. Now there's nice bud clusters on each branch hopeful another 5 weeks and I will be harvesting

14. When you have the time you should take some new pictures. This grow will encourage me for a nice outdoor grow. Also it will be my first outdoor grow. I did 2 indoor grows and it reeked in my room I didn't want to waste my money on ventilation on a small grow . So now I'm going to try outdoor and see if I like it more.

15. Cool will try and take a few pics tom. I am on a tight buget myself have lost a couple due to bugs I really hate bugs now I kill every single one I see lol. That is a major drawback of outdoor growing pests and the elements. Today there was a slug chilling on the top of one of em munched some leaves right off so I salted the little fr lol. Rain is a huge issue in my area also they have been way over watered cause has rained like crazy past week. It maybe little late to start outdoor now unless you live in warm climate. There may not b enough sunlight either. I have noticed the little ones are strecthing like crazy for light compared to my big girl. I am all about encouraging fellow growers so def ain't trying to discourage you just inform. Also don't except em to look like some grows I am also a rookie and my area its harder to grow monsters. Damn Massachusetts weather lol

16. here r pics n update

Attached Files:

17. Pic one shows the one that suffered slug attack. Pic two is a mutant it went from 1 lobe leaves to 1 giant 5 lobe leaf that gave birth to the top. The third is a runt as well as the one in the ground. The two sharing a planter i will force flower by putting em in the dark for 24 hours as I do not want them to get root bound. The 3rd to last pic shows how they are stretching they average around 10-12 inches now except the two runts. The last two pics show my big girl and my ghetto support but it works and her beautiful flowers

18. Also I topped all of them I am waiting for new growth before I force flower. Don't wanna shock em two of em are also giving off a faint oder not sure if good sign. Nothing like the big girl you can smell her from far away. So I can understand if u did a indoor grow and didn't ventilate it would reek

19. What type soil and nutes are you using? Ready for spring to start my first outdoor grow

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

20. Just regular old perilite potting mix like I said this is a very low buget grow. Just some bag seeds some good but not great soil and a little Peters 15-30-15 for nutes. I start at 15% of recommended feeding if it reacts well I slowly up to 25% during veg. The big girl since she is in flower I use only 5% of recommended for a little nitrogen and added composted egg shells and banna peels for the much needed phosphorus. I also found some spray called shot gun its an organic spray that helps keep animals and bugs away. It also has dried blood for nitrogen and egg solids phosphorus again so it also actually helps with nutes. It stinks like hell but it works. Not exactly a by the book grow but it is working for me. Totally investment $25 bucks now that's low buget lol