question about crystal use and the bible

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by thorarkin, Jul 30, 2013.

1. i looked up on multiple sites about wether it is right to use healing crystal according to the bible, and i kept getting the same stuff that didnt really talk about the use of crystals. it seems crystals have just been associated with these activities, when its actually a different activity altogether. these are the verses supposedly against crystal use.
    \ndeuteronomy 18:10-12 [SIZE=.75em]10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery,interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.[/SIZE][SIZE=.75em]12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.[/SIZE]
    \nleviticus 19:31 [SIZE=.75em]31 [/SIZE]“‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.
    \ni fail to see how this speaks about carrying crystals to heal your chakras(parts of your spirit).
    its a common fact crystals are often used in spells(i know wiccan spells will often use crystals), but thats like saying a hammer must be a tool of the devil because construction is evil(just hypothetical, obviously. lol)
    \nthe big pro of crystal use according to the bible is the priest aaron, which is in fact in condradiction with deut 18:10.
    exodus 28:30 [SIZE=.75em]30 [/SIZE]Also put the Urim and the Thummim in the breastpiece, so they may be over Aaron's heart whenever he enters the presence of the Lord. Thus Aaron will always bear the means of making decisions for the Israelites over his heart before the Lord.
    \nusing these stones for divine guidance is a form of divination.
    \nalso there is a couple verses that says it is from god
    \ncolossians 1:16 [SIZE=.75em]16 [/SIZE]For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
    \njohn 1:3 [SIZE=.75em]3 [/SIZE]Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
    \nalso with the abundant references to holy places(on earth and in heaven) being made of crystals, i dont see a difference in letting them sit around on the floor and in walls and letting them sit in your pocket
    \nmy understanding is that crystals in and of themselves are ok, but its the spells theyre used in is not. anybody have insight for this?

2. Keep in mind that bible verses can be manipulated to mean anything that people want them to mean..
    I am sure that if you went though the bible you would find verses that you can use to promote crystal healing as well.

I feel like you are relying too heavily upon the bible itself to guide you through life; instead search your soul for the answer. If you truly feel it is wrong then you will know.

3. #3 RippedMonk, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    I knew a girl named Crystal that always gave me sexual healing.  We didn't give a shit what the Bible said. :p

4. its actually not for me. i dont give a rats ass about what the bible says. im wanting to find proof its not against the bible so my mom wont accuse me of witchcraft.

Oh, I feel for you.  My mom was pious enough, but I can't image her accusing me of witchcraft. 

6. #6 esseff, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013

Seriously?

Even if a crystalline substance, which is not to dissimilar from what we're made up of. Which could hold or effect the energy that is in us and around us, and focus it, because doing so might have certain healing properties, just because you feel they might and want to explore this, shouldn't in any way challenge her beliefs. How messed up is she (no offense)?

Perhaps it's time you helped her to accept that there are other ways to see the world that aren't based on her bible's interpretation of it? You'll have to do it sometime.

7. I find no reason why crystals would be 'ungodly' or anything of that sort. I do believe in a creator God and it seems strange to me how people believe a beautiful intricate structure like a crystal (indirectly created by God) would be inherently 'bad'. I apply similar reasoning when defending marijuana to people claiming it is somehow nefarious. I own and love my crystals and pyramids! Both of which have strange qualities about them, both verified by science. The line between good and evil is often in the intent of the person. I hope that helps, if not i will gladly expound.

8. thats funny, i actually have a thread going on about this. its kinda died down now though

9. God turns Job's wife into a giant sodium chloride crystal.

It's all good, bro.

10. that was so an atomic bomb, just saying...

______
                     --           --
                   --               --
                     --           --
                         -      -
                           I   I
                           I   I
                    ooooooooo
    oh shit, god just nuked us

That was technically Lot's wife.

Biblical knowledge, people! :p

I genuinely feel embarassed.

13. I would like some proof that crystals do anything in the first place. :)

They make my corn chips taste divine.

15. i have no proof, but i have a theory on how it works
    first we need to have a little theory of astrology. we know light has a huge effect on us, and different frequencies effect us different. we see this by comparing a light bulb to the sun. sunlight releases seratonin but i light bulb doesnt, dont quote me but i think its the uv rays, that bulbs dont have. now if those certain frequencies effect us biologically who knows what all the stars are doing to us in subtle ways that we cant physically detect. its actually proven crime rates and ER visits rise during a full moon.
    second we need to know that quartz intensifies electricity because of its structure. now it seems plausible that crystals can amplify the energy of different frequencies of light. this could mean the light is letting us secrete more of some type of hormone very subtly. that would be why its not a miracle cure for things, because its a tiny tiny tiny tiny change

Theory of astrology?  Sorry bro but astrology is just a laughable joke.  Did you mean astronomy?

17. #17 -13 Amp-, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
    the living legend James Randi debunked crystal power on his old tv show, years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e283y-qCqnM

rat poison doesn't help people (watch the video)

you can read more about it here http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/crystal%20power.html

"Mystics have taken up this expression of nature as further proof of their claims, and they now ascribe to crystals various powers of healing, influences to bring about financial gain, precognitive ability, and other potentials. They point to recognized attributes of crystals, long recognized and used by science and technology, as support for their own notions. One of these is the piezoelectric effect, which simply means that when certain crystals such as quartz are squeezed, a small electrical signal is given out. When, conversely, an electrical signal is applied to the crystal, it expands or contracts in response. There is nothing at all mysterious about this phenomenon, and it is fully explained within the parameters of basic physics, but it has been pressed to serve the theories that amateurs publish in the literature asserting that therefore crystals give out some sort of vibrations that psychics can detect.
         Simple tests of the claim have been designed and carried out. In every case, it has been shown that the claim is spurious.

Crystals are pretty rocks; they are not keys to psychic powers or healing modalities."

18. there is alot of myths about crystals and they have become known as miraculous healers and do other miracles. if this was the case then they would be commonly used. id say the miraculous part of it was already debunked. id like to see statistics on people who get the desired effects, vs those who dont, along with each group having believers and non believers. thats the ONLY way to debunk what really happens. you see what has happened here is crystals have been exaggerated to the point the cant hold the reputation

i mean astrology. i agree what is known as astrology is a complete load of shit. horoscopes are worded so vaguely it fits for most situations, and sometimes it doesnt come true at all. but true astrology has worked in the couple cases ive seen with complete accuracy. its simply not accurate unless you without all the information such as full name, birth date, place of birth, place of living, time of birth, and maybe a few more i dont know.

19. #19 propianotuner, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    Actually, if you want to understand why healing crystals aren't considered appropriate by many Christians, simply look up the word "idolatry" in the Bible. Inanimate objects are nothing to God, they possess no power and are not to be worshiped or ascribed any worth that belongs to Him. It is He who heals, and He needs absolutely nothing to help Him do it. Using crystals would seem to imply the notion that we need help from something to do it, when biblically speaking, we aren't the ones doing it.

How do you fix your spirit, and it's "parts"? Receive His Holy Spirit. It is a Refiner's Fire, a Comforter, and an Educator. Objects like prayer shawls and Aaron's breastpiece, for example, are reminders. To assume that such things have any inherent qualities like God's, would be theological error.

20. By that line of reasoning, isn't medicine immoral? Unless you're a hardcore christian scientist, where the medicine of 'inanimate objects' is indeed to reject the power of god.