Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fainting after smoking weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SchoolboyQ, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Hey everyone, so last night i was smoking a blunt with three of my friends, and I ended up fainting. We we about half way done with the blunt when I started to feel a little dizzy. I remember telling one of my friends that I didn't feel well, and i leaned up against his car, and that's all I remember. The next thing I knew I woke up in the driver seat of my friends car, with all my friends surrounding me, asking me if I was okay. They told me I fell backwards, but one of my friends caught me before I hit the ground. They said my eyes were wide open, but that my eyes had rolled to the back of my head, so my eyes were all white.

After that, they said they carried me to the driver seat of the car, and i woke up like two minutes later. The thing is this isn't the first time this has happened. My second time smoking weed (first week of March in 2013) I fainted after three or four hits from a bong. The same exact thing happened with my eyes, and just like last night I only passed out for about 3-5 minutes. I figured the first time I passed out was because I smoked too much for my second time smoking. But I don't get why I would've passed out last night, because I've smoked pretty regularly since my second time. Especially since I didn't smoke that much.

I didn't think much of it after I fainted the first time, but I'm a little worried about fainting last night. Does anyone have any reasons as to why I might of fainted?

2. Maybe u didnt have much to eat before smoking? Im just thinking ur blood sugar level might have been very low. which makes u more prone to fainting/feeling dizzy. That or maybe ur anaemic (u got an iron deficiency) try eating red meats, beans and cornflakes more?

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 TheGreenBastard94, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    I think you may have been a little anxious before you smoked, you had an empty stomach or a combination of both. Best thing is to make sure you are relaxed before you smoke.

4. Were you still really high when you woke up?  Cuz to me it just sounds like you got really fucking high.  Passing out from smoking too much isn't uncommon.

5. The icky tobacco paper may got to you. I feel similar on a Blunt. I'm trying to stick to glass only.i feel sick on blunts. Could be empty stomach I don't know. Maybe it was dank bud that you wasn't use to. Then also maybe you smoked too much.

6. Pretty much what everyone else said might of been why you passed out. I've been really high or one time i took two hits of some fire from a bowl and passed out in a computer chair at a friends house. I did not sleep the previous night so thats why too.

7. Lack of sleep and/or lack of food are my guesses. I've had everything go purple and quiet, just on the verge of fainting before, but managed to hold it off. Best thing to do if you start feeling that way is just let your friends know you need to chill for a second and lay down, it'll pass.

8. Don't underestimate the power of Marijuana can induce feelings of overdose of 10,000 Vicodin's with no side effects, maybe weed just makes you so much more tired than it already does it just made you pass out :p haha

9. lack of oxygen from holding your breath while smoking gives me a head buzz which makes me feel abit faint

10. My guess would be a combination of getting way too high and low blood sugar

11. Low blood sugar, low blood pressure, dehydration are all good bets! Have something to eat and drink (non-alcoholic) before lighting up. If it happens again after you have eaten and re-hydrated, see a doctor and get checked for diabetes and blood pressure! You shouldn't pass out like that from just toking!

Granny

• Like Like x 2
  12. If you're anemic, that could be a clue that something is wrong, because anemia is very rare in healthy men as there's more than enough iron in the average diet.  I'd suggest getting a blood test for iron and ferritin next time you go to the doctor, along with a B/P reading.  You could also get a home blood pressure monitor for not much $$$, that also takes your pulse, which I have done.      

13. Sounds like a panic attack to me, but none of us are doctors. Get checked out by a doctor.

14. Did you eat/drink recently?
    Maybe you were low on sugar and you just fainted.

There could have been several factors that coincidentally lead to you passing out as well, who knows! At least it wasn't anything bad.

15. Thanks for all the advice everyone.I'm thinking it was because I hadn't had anything to eat or drink for a couple of hours before I smoked.

16. Was the weed laced with pcp or rape drugs to knock you out ass fuck you and wake you up afterwards saying you passed out. Im paranoid. Dont take me seriously.

17. #17 Kush cookies, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    Edit: multiple post.

18. #18 LucidReality, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    I found this to be typical for people who don't smoke cigarettes but will smoke weed in a blunt. Blunts can make people very light headed and dizzy, which is what cigarettes do.

Of course the weed could have been laced, or just a strain you weren't prepared for.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dude smoking weed makes you burn a lot of calories eat something something with sugar too so you don't faint from low sugar either

20. Yeah this sort of thing has happened once or twice to me in the past and it's always when i least expect it. I think it has something to do with going from sober to EXTREMELY high in a short period of time, rather than gradually getting EXTREMELY high over an extended period of time. Some peoples bodies just don't respond well to a sudden blast of being high. Also what kind of weed were you smoking? I've heard of this happening to some people after mixing sativas and indicas together in the same smoke, sativas tend to up you while indicas do a better job of relaxing you. The mixture of the two can hit you pretty hard in some cases i suppose.