Kitsunes Aeroponics Garden of Awesome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kitsunè, Jul 3, 2013.

1. It is time for me to start the new journal so here we are. I am going to change things up in the new journal making both photo and video updates at least once a week for each. That way you can decide how you want to catch up on my journal. Think this will be better since I have fans of both. For those of you who have not been following my work in the other journal I am Kitsune. I grow great genetics in my Aeroponics system. It is completely designed and built by me. Took me 3 versions to get it right in the past but I have it dialed in to great effect now. I only have 2 grows under my belt at this time and this will be the third generation I have grown. This generation is 100% cloned no seeds for this one yet. 

I build things, mostly DIY and love improving on my grow room. Not because I am overly too handy mainly because I am cheap and I don't like paying big money for something that I could just build. Also in learning to build the things that I need in the grow room I understand the mechanics of it and can improve on the design.

My grow space is a grow room that I built from old pallets and caulking. I sealed the entire box and painted the inside a matte white color. It is hidden behind 2 bookcases.

0 Box Side.jpg 0 Box Inside.jpg 0 box hidden.jpg

I use 2 4 fixture T5 systems with mixed spectrum, and I use supplemental CFLs around the room where it is needed most. I have a carbon scrubber and 440 cfm fan. 

The Aeroponics system was developed by me and is a combination of an Aeroponics/DWC system and has achieved really good success. The manifold sprays the bottoms of the net pots, and when the roots dip down into the reservoir there is a 14" air stone supplying the res with plenty of oxygen. Also in the feet of the manifold I have jets that push under the water in a circle pattern which delivers the DWC to the entire res, the water is constantly moving in there. This keeps the nutes well mixed, and gives the plants everything they need. The Aeroponics inspires more root growth, and the DWC inspires massive plant growth.

I am using General Hydroponics Flora series nutes and been using them in all of the grows so far. They do a decent job and I have modified the feeding schedule to make them do a great job.

I have a Veg Chamber/Clone Chamber/Isolation Chamber that I made out of a 55 Gallon trash can. I have a light suspended, and I have small DWC buckets that I use for cloning and vegging the clones for 3-4 weeks so they can Flower in the main grow room. This way I can do a virtual perpetual grow. I am thinking of adding another Chamber to the mix to increase my results and help me in my breeding projects.

2. #2 Kitsunè, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    I am working on a couple of breeding projects. Most of them are still in the Pheno hunt phase but I am planning on working with a few other growers in the region, so we can hunt for great phenos together and I can make some great crosses that could eventually be for sale.

Current breeding project: I got 2 really good phenos of C99 last grow, 

C99 #1 - was a very pineapple smelling strain and was very sweet all the way through the grow. It had smaller bud clusters and grew fairly small.

C99 #2 - grew one major bud a giant, and it was also covered with several medium sized bud clusters. The smell was a very mild pineapple smell with some real dank behind it.

The main aim of the project is to get a pheno that has great smelling large buds. If I can get it so they have nice sized buds that smell super sweet I will have succeeded. Progress on this project ALL hangs on the last minute cuttings that I got from the C99 #1, it's clones didn't survive when I took mass clones for this grow and I thought it lost. When harvesting it however I found several possible clones so I took them and they are currently in the Clone chamber in a bubble cloner. 

Breeding Project 2: Merciful Voodoo

C99 (Pheno I am working on perfecting) X GDP or Mendo Purple (Pheno hunt pending)

Possible future crosses:

C99 X Pineapple Express= Pineapple Sin

3. #3 Kitsunè, Jul 3, 2013
    Onto how my plants are looking. Video is first, if you wanna skip the video I have the picture and descriptions below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLvoGMjBcrg

Pineapple Express:

1.1.JPG

It is doing very well and has a really nice structure going. I have super cropped the hell out of it and it is getting really bushy. This plant will likely explode in the next 2 weeks in my aeroponics system.

Black Water:

1.2.JPG

Doing very well, it has been exploding with growth in the chamber and has a much better start than my BW from the last grow. 

Chemdawg 1-4:

1.3.JPG

This Chemdawg has a VERY good start to life and will likely explode in the new system.

1.9.JPG 1.12.JPG 1.10.JPG

These Chemdawg are much smaller and were slow to start growing. However you can see that the 3rd one is starting to get bigger and will explode soon. The other 2 are short as hell but I have independant CFLs on them 150 watt equiv bulbs. So they should get a boost soon.

OG Kush 1-2:

1.4.JPG 1.5.JPG

They are both doing well but were getting cramped in the veg chamber by the PE so they should explode as well with growth in the next 2 weeks with the extra room and the improved hydro system they are in.

C99 #2 1-3:

1.8.JPG 1.7.JPG 1.6.JPG

As you can see the 1st of the C99s is really small but growing and it has it's own CFL to get it a boost. The other 2 C99 are already huge and only going to get bigger!

Lastly Here are the C99 #1 clones:

1.11.JPG

That is it for the picture tour hope you all keep up with me on this journal and I can get my subscribers from the old thread =).

4. #4 b.real, Jul 3, 2013
    awesome genetics and i know its gonna be an awesome grow! veg for 2 weeks like the biobizz schedule suggests. get pistils at week 3 then harvest quicker than you can imagine!

youll pull more that way under fluor, with short plants that own a canopy.

maybe lst the big plants if theyre healthy enough to be bent over yet.

good luck and happy growing!

5. Subbed over here now bro I already got a purple pheno 4 u

sent from cloud 9

6. Subbed! Looking forward to this one :wave:

7. I made it! :wave:

Lookin good so far bro! :bongin:

I got a funny feeling you might be getting some different strains soon. ;)

8. Here

Just for u kit.... 1372901872838.jpg

one bud at a time

9. Im in Kits
    grabbing a beer and pass the joint please

10. Welcome friends!

11. nice diy..in for sure!!

12. Subbed I jus started some autos for a summer grow just to experiment a little..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. In.. Happy 4th!

14. Stumbling in..over all that stuff on the floor..lol!

15. Ahhh good one dr. mengle! :laughing:

:wave: hey kit! im subbing up too! one of my clones in the cloner took off and drank all the water over a few days:eek:

gotta love that explosive aero/dwc growth :smoke:

16. Hey kit diff subbed and along for the ride its looking good

17. Aight, here we go :metal:

18. Wow lots of love in here when I got home from fireworks. Glad to see so many people subbing in for the new journal =). I have a lot planned for this journal. I am going to post DIYs, and share stuff from my book of tricks that I have been writing everything I have learned since I started.

On another note we smoke some of the early Black Water harvest to celebrate the 4th right. Here is my report. 

The black water smell wasn't quite there because it hasn't really cured yet, Voodoo said it had a slight taste like vics vaper rub. I thought it was pretty good actually. The high was very numbing, I felt very little pain in my back and I felt like I just wanted to sit back and chill all night long from it. Very nice smoke for later in the evening. Once I let the BW cure a little more I will do a better smoke report for you guys. 

The strength is definatly there in what I have smoked from my harvest already. It all packs a punch! I cannot wait for it to finish up.