Vaping Smells A Lot

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by doubts, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Im using it wrong? That is a laughable. 

I think its a whole lot more likely that you just cant smell it. 

2. I've posted something similar to this before, hope it wasn't in this thread. Here are my findings:

Vapir N02 makes barely any smell being heated up but a hit blown out at 388F will reek like whatever you put in for a good 30-45 minutes.
    Extreme Q by Arizer will make some smell while heating up, and a little more when the cyclone bowl is loaded up. Hits from this also reek.

Smoke buddy is a great solution, as is a home made one fashioned from activated carbon from a pet store. I try to keep the vapes closed as much (only stir as necessary) and eliminate the hit you blow out by holding in long and smoke buddy, but absolutely need a "scent eliminating" type spray. Glade or something has one, Ozium is the best however.

It's a combination of the three. I've had people come home after I've had my arizer cranking for hours and just come in and talk to me, having no clue.

3. #83 MacThatVape, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    I agree about the Solo being not that noticeable. I use it all day long in my apartment and have been doing so for 3 months. I just throw a towel under the door blow a fan to the window and light an incent. My girlfriend goes to school so when she comes back I always ask her when she came into the hallway did it smell and she says no every time and says she cant smell anything just my incent I recommend getting an incent for smell literally works better then anything I have used

4. Window fan bro... Sucks all the air and smell out the window hahahah. I have a pax... Id rather be hitting that indoor compared to a joint if concerned about the smell. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

You live at home and you can afford this expensive ass vape?

Also: would you recommend it? How do you like it? (except for the smell)

6. We all live at home. Unless you are homeless.

7. I never owned a pax but I remember the first time I saw/used it. We were riding down to the beach and my friend had it. It definitely smelt like kush, and lingered for a long time. (But I didn't care, I was high as fuckkkkk). Then my friend smoked it a lot at the beach house we were at and whenever I wasn't smoking with him I smelt it a lot. Definitely a big smell of dank.

8. In my opinion vapor does smell but its easily covered up and goes away a lot quicker than smoking, its easy to cover up.  I'm leaving now before the vaporizer "gods" come in with their "facts".

9. It all depends on the quality of bud

10. Am I the only one that vapes with a smoke buddy and a candle lit in the room? 100% no smell. Plus, the smell when you blow out a candle overpowers ANYTHING.

11. #91 James Corcoran, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013

I got in trouble in college for using a MFLB.  The vape didn't smell much at all, but yeah the grinding did.  My advice would be to grind in the shower with the vent fan on if you can and are worried.  Otherwise, direct a fan out the window to blow air outside and vape right by the fan (and grind too).

Also, put a wet towel under your door (prevents odors from escaping) and buy air freshener.  Plastic bag over the smoke detector with a coat hanger like this works wonders.  Its easily removable if needed to like if an RA comes in.

http://endo.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/smoke-detector-cover.jpg

EDIT:

Also, probably not what you want to hear but while I love the PAX and think its a great vape, its biggest flaw in my opinion is that it smells significantly more than any of my other vapes.  You might want to get a less smelly vape for indoors and use the pax outdoors (it is a portable after all!)

12. #92 volcanolover, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    I call bullshit on some of these claims people, vaping weed smells just as much as smoking, only different. I own a volcano and I use it in its own designated room on the first floor and it smells out my full house, I am the only "smoker" in my house (dont actually smoke cos that's just nasty) and Everyone who comes round can smell it when they walk in the front door.
    Now I understand that I am talking about a heavy user here and opening the window helps a lot :p but the moral of the story is weed stinks a lot whether smoked or vaped.

13. Your quality of product has a lot to do with it to.  Dank stuff is going to have that fresh smell linger for quite a while, where as beasters or anything of a lower quality goes away fairly quickly.  Simple as that.