Zenpen Portable Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by zenpen, Jun 18, 2013.

1. A actual picture of a zenpen that is disassembled (picture from here):

[​IMG]

2. Ok but does it work is the main question.

3. From that picture it looks like that would be a no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. Hey Grasscity,

Thought I'd check in and answer a few concerns!

Why the delay?

Well, after releasing renderings of our final prototype to members of FC forum, we had maybe people contact us asking for a temperature adjustment control on the exterior of the vaporizer so it could be adjusted more conveniently.  We took some time to think about this as we new that any changes this late in the game would cause delays for us, but ultimately, we wanted to build a portable vape for the vapor community that would meet all our needs as best as possible.  The Zenpen is now one of the few portables with continuous external temp control.  The new dial lets you select the precise temp you want instead of selecting one of a few preset options, even as you vape.

So does it work?

Yep 

Here's some shots of it assembled:
    http://zenpenvapor.com/blog/2013/08/26/have-a-look/

We're shooting the usage video once we're done shooting the kickstarter video.

Did we get "beat" to the market?

We're perfectionists, and we're sticking to our plan of making the best portable vape ever.  We took time to listen and craft a product that will change the game.  We're still confident we've created the best portable vaporizer in existence and because we want everyone to have one, its at the best price.

5. Just make sure that you guys QC the hell out of it once it goes into production so that it doesn't go through the same fiasco as what's happening to the Ascent over at FC.

6. Thanks, Zenpen dude, for checking in here with an update. Ignore the naysayers, stay the course, and I for one will be there with money in hand when the time comes. I really appreciate to fact that you're doing this seriously, logically, and methodically.

Naysayers?   Where?

8. Wanting to see a prototype in action must make me a naysayer lol

I want the zenpen to be a great vaporizer. I want to buy it if it does end up being a great vaporizer.

I guess my request for a good QC so it doesn't run into the same issues as the Ascent is going through makes me a naysayer as well.  lol

What the...........???

10. #90 Tree Burner, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013

No, just realize that it takes time to do that. I'd rather wait than end up buying a product that was pushed quickly and had problems. Would a prototype video be cool? Sure, but it's not going to show you a finished product nor is it going to make it come out any faster.

11. Would this be able to vape hash?

12. sorry if I missed this, but will this be a conduction or convection vape? Or a combination of both? 

13. "The heating is a pretty balanced combo of conduction and convection" -Zenpen

14. will this work with herb?

thats my only question.

and can you give discounts to grasscity members lol

15. You guys should make a pencil case style case for it to go along with its discreetness

It's made for herbs.

17. i wanna give this a try, when is it out?

18. Good question.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #99 PackSoLOUD, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013

Nice, Can't wait for the reviews. I shoulve kick started the $99 when i had the chance lol. Now i will have to purchase this at full price lol. everyone in this thread should get a discount haha. 

But this looks like an amazing product that will be worth the money. They are trying to make it very durable and indestructible, plus that it looks extremely discreet and that they are working on building the best stealth technology. That is all i need. 

I think this will be ready for early next year most likely, hopefully it is. They definitely need to send a couple pens to some notable, credible reviewers. (good for marketing and letting the people know, and also will validate everything they are saying about it, we will get to see the product in action.) 

I would love to see reviews before they are available for sale, b/c so far we have not seen this in action and thrid parties conforming that the product is legit and does everything it's said to do. The only way we hear about this product is from the creators and thats not enough. As a business your always going to make your product seem like the best and i understand that, but the word from other people to confirm your product is the best Is very important. 

hopefully we get more updates in the upcoming months, cant wait for this product to come to life.

:laughing: I've been waiting to review a product for awhile now, I've been trying to put my name out as a good honest reviewer. I would love to review this piece.

But to refer to your question regarding only working with herbs, it's internal components might not be made for gooey expanding concentrates that make big bubbles and such. Although you could probably jerry rig it to make it work (put cotton in the bowl and surround your concentrate with it), it's not recommended. You can get a perfectly good oil pen for that. :wave: