Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Florida Making Bongs Illegal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lowriderman99, May 27, 2013.

1. I heard somewhere that the Florida governor Rick Scott is signing something to make selling bongs or pipes illegal.

I think it said that the first offense for selling is a misdemeanor and second a time its a felony.

And sorry if i put this in the wrong category i didn't know where to put it.

2. Pharmaceutical lobbyists win again...

Sigh

3. well, if this actually happens, i'll be right down to the local shop to buy some really expensive glass... that shit turns illegal, i might finally see a price drop.

4. lol i all ready have the one and only piece ill need, my bowl, and papers

5. Always good to have a backup just in case though!! 

6. This is so fucking weak. 

7. Getting out of florida was the best thing I've ever done.

8. You make a good point

im trying to work on that soon

9. Sayyyyy what???????

10. Fuck Florida. Why can't I live on the West Coast  :confused_2:

11. Rick Scott is such a corrupt piece of shit!

12. #12 OneOfTheGoodOnes, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
    Florida 'Bong Ban' Passes, Doesn't Really Ban Bongs All That Much
    Posted: 04/26/2013 5:14 pm EDT 

The bill originally listed drug paraphernalia as metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic smoking pipes, with or without screens, permanent screens, or punctured metal bowls; water pipes; carburetion tubes and devices; chamber pipes; carburetor pipes; electric pipes; air-driven pipes; chillums; bongs; and ice pipes or chillers. ("This is a comprehensive list of mellows that will be harshed," joked Stephen Colbert.)

But before passing, the bill was watered down to make it "unlawful for a person to knowingly and willfully sell or offer for sale at retail any drug paraphernalia... other than a pipe that is primarily made of briar, meerschaum, clay or corn cob."
    Retailers, however, can still sell the devices for use with tobacco -- so if signed into law by Florida Governor Rick Scott as expected, the bill won't have much effect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25/florida-bong-ban-passes_n_3156442.html

13. No, that was shot down about a month ago. No worries. 

14. I find it hilarious how these can still be sold "for tobacco use only" which 99% of them already are. If you walk into any headshop, flea market, or anything around here there's bongs and pipes everywhere. Every one has a little tag or sticker that says "for tobacco use only". So, no, this isn't really going to do anything.

15. I really dont think its gonna do much either because down here if you go to the Boynton Beach mall theres a whole stand there that sells bongs and pipes for "tobbaco" use.

16. Exactly. I'm not even in a medical state, and we still get around it.

17. #17 BlazeLE, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    i want to move to colorado so bad. and for so many other reasons than legal weed. i hear they have these things called mountains and snow.

the shop i usually go to puts a small bag of tobacco in each bong. they also throw 420 parties so im sure no one suspects a thing.

18. Glad I don't live in Florida, I do understand it isn't going to happen but I would go to the local gas statio and buy like five of those 10 dollar bowls lol

19. i dont think any gas stations near me sell bowl i do know they got papers though

20. Oh well we don't have many smoke shops where I'm from in Ohio, sure colombus does but up north not so much. So at least like three gas stations in the area sell hookahs,bowls, and bubblers