The Official Anti-Monsanto Thread... Memes, Discussions, Whatever...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, May 26, 2013.

You mean they would be hurting themselves if they didn't use GMOs? That's what I'm saying. If not for regulations, then what is to stop farmers from using the most harmful but productive means of producing food? As far as local produce goes, 400 miles is a lot in Europe. My country is not even 400 miles in any direction and we're the world's largest exporter of vegetables.

2. image.jpg
    Support your local farmers markets haha
    I'm at the Asian market
    Got some mangosteens
    One of the best super fruits image.jpg

3. Nah bro I'm saying that using those harmful gmos would be poisoning there local community !
    That and the taste of fruits and veggies from organic non gmo farmers would sell more because let's face facts
    Farmers market produce is 10x better in taste than even the best super markets in my area
    They would hurt them selves and the real free market would make them bankrupt
    Hence hurting themselves

I disagree. Firstly, poisoning the local community? I'm not talking about foods that would make you drop dead the second you take a bite. Also, lots of produce from farmers isn't sold in the local community but is used in processed foods somewhere in a factory. Secondly, I don't think average people know enough about GMOs that they would base food choices on it. Thirdly, even if they lose some customers due to an inferior flavor, the foods could still be much cheaper because if the increased production.
    I think customer dissatisfaction with GMOs doesn't have enough effect to prevent farmers from using them.

5. #45 Woodlock420, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    your trippin bro ill explain more when I get home from the farmers market haha

Alright taking genes from some bacteria and putting them in a plant to explode the bugs stomach sounds
    Great right !? No bugs means more food not going to waste !
    But when that bacteria causes cancer in mammals which is proven in rats and cattle

In the 90s McDonald's went from the natural russet brown potato for their fries
    To monsantos new leaf potato laden with the bt gene
    Customers stopped buying their fries
    They switched back to the russet brown pretty quickly after that

It's proven the garden diversity protect from bugs better than pesticides
    Monocultures make it easier for pest to adapt

I just spent 50$ between 2 local farmers markets
    It will last my wife and I over a week

They have pasture raise beef ,pork ,lamb , chicken , eggs everything you need
    To eat good and healthy

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I get where you're coming from, but farmers market food is available and most people still buy theirs from supermarkets with GMOs. Case in point. Free market will not deter the use of GMOs unless there is a mass shift in the public's mentality concerning food production.

7. I agree with you .
    Not everyone cares enough or have the time to shop multiple places to get the best foods possible

But as we speak people are spreading the word and getting more educated
    I try and spread the word the best I can to as many people as I can

More so thru videos and links and let them decide what they wanna do
    I don't push people cuz I feel that's backwards
    If your gonna preach for "rights" you need to accept and respect all "rights"

Sorry if I'm rambling haha

Nah man you're not rambling and much respect to you for trying to educate others.

9. I've got a funny feeling that most people who don't pay attention to where there food is coming from are going to have a much shorter life expectancy as the GMO food continues to become much more prevalent in what food selection is out there. Unfortunantly, this is exactly what TPTB want from their subjects. It's part of their slavery of the masses, they keep the subjects dumbed down with their institutional learning facilities, keep them not caring with tv shows, and keep them dying as young as possible in order to breed a new generation for them to continue to exploit.

Old people don't contribute to the economy so why not prevent them from existing?

11. yup, exactly. See TPTB don't have to be explicit about it, they just use the food that those of us in the middle and lower classes will eat, it kills us off to make room for the next generation. Population control, just not quite as obvious as it was in Logan's Run.

12. I say lets all have veggies and fish for dinner image.jpg

Fucked up man. Hopefully their European lobby will be a huge fiasco. I doubt it though since money talks.

14. That's why it's so important for our generations to teach our kids how to spot this deception and propaganda for what it is
    Homeschooling your kids should be a must if you want them to survive and actually learn something real .! Public schools are a waste of time they do not teach any necessity
    Type skills

Here's a video from scg on schools

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAZqMaBY2MI

And then one for the thread
    Fuck Monsanto

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xow6VC851C0

15. I think the food in the supermarket is mostly locally produced too, non-GMO. But what I'm really wondering is this. What is to stop farmers from using the worst kinds of GMOs and pesticides and such in a purely libertarian society?
    </blockquote>
    In our society biotech companies try to keep it a secret that they are producing gmo's. They keep the research (or lack there of) on the health concerns of gmo secret.

They protect their interests by bribing the government.

Any time a study shows gmos to be bad the company uses its mainstream ties to discredit the study.

Monsanto lobbied hard to keep gmos from being labled.

But people are still becomming aware regardless. And take steps to avoid gmos.

In a free market buisnesses are subject to consumer demand. There is no government protecting the companies.

An example of a free market win is whole foods voluntarily labling gmos because that's what people wanted.

Voluntary watchdog groups > government "protection"

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. www.marklynas.org/2013/04/time-to-call-out-the-anti-gmo-conspiracy-theory/

17. #60 Woodlock420, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013