Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. Sorry to hear about your nerve issues. I hope you feel better soon. I know you deal with a lot of medical issues.

I've been going to the gym and now my back hurts where the fusion is. It sucks getting old. Thank God for cannabis.

2. Such is life. My nerve issues have been exacerbated by my attempts to strengthen my core to help my back with some exercises. I'm kind of damned if I do and damned if I don't so I just keep plugging away at it hoping things start improving but I have cut back some since the nerve stuff started.

My brain still works, though.....sometimes. [​IMG]

3. I can vouch for that last statement, My brain has gleaned important information from yours!

Sam is quite the scientist, albeit of the mad variety, but obviously he is a happy mad scientist and these are the most useful kind! And if his working out skills are anything like his mad scientist skills he is well on his way to Mr. Universe! Well, mother nature might have something to say about that for all of us, but I have to do those ax chops for my back too. The working out does seem to help, when the other parts of the body will allow for it...

4. I haven't had much luck with my dragons. I don't know what's wrong. The first one I made from white widow sugar leaf trim, and the other day I put 4 dropper fulls in some favored water and nothing happened.

I also did the same with my avb hoping it would make me sleepy, but nothing happened. It could be my tolerance is messed up. They have these almonds at the dispensary. I don't know how they do it cause I would love to make my own. They say they're made with BHO. They are just roasted salted almonds, but they put me into where a want to be. So loaded I can't keep my eyes open.

Does anyone else notice their tolerance changing big time after eating edibles?

5. Hi daisy.

In my second or third month on MMJ they convinced me to try White Widow. For some reason it did just about nothing for my pain.

So, could be strain related. Keep an eye on Sam's main tincture thread, he is working on a really sleep inducing product.

Regarding tolerance issues Sam mentioned some methods for reducing tolerance issues.

1. Vary your routine ( don't use the same edibles every time) and don't use same amount of a dose.

Switching between vaping and tincture also helps.

You can take mini tolerance breaks where you only vape for a couple days to reset tolerance to edibles.

Hope these ideas help.

6. You've never had luck with the dragons for some reason. I wish I could be there with you when you make it to actually see the process but I'm starting to get the impression that you may be one of those folks that have an issue with the alcohol absorption or there's some medication you take that neutralizes it. I hope that's not the case but is something to consider.

Edibles will definitely send your tolerance through the roof. Sickmanfraud mentioned a number of things above that can help with that if it's the problem.

How long did you decarb your sugar trim, O'daisy? [​IMG]

7. I do agree (concur) the talorence goes way up with the Edies

8. oh it was awful yesterday. I should have just taken a 24 hour tolerance break.

It's been awhile since I made the dragon with the sugar leaf trim. I remember looking it up on here.

I think the decarb was only 20 minutes though.

9. 12 more hrs than the next step
    smells wonderful We want to eat it on toast

10. Daisy,

I'm not sure if you are aware, due to extensive testing Sam has changed the decarb to 240F for 40 minutes.

In the main tincture thread there has also been information on decarbing a coconut oil tincture post extraction.

11. Smells Good Mighty Good
    12 more Hours

[​IMG]

Sorry Sam Iam Bored

12. Don't eat it! [​IMG]

13. Now I know that But what would happen if one were to ingest cannabis roots?
    Any studies

14. Sam I found this interesting

I do not take credit for it
    Cannabis Roots

Getting Back To Your Roots

Cannabis root contains very high levels of CBD, which makes it a very valuable medicine. There are many ways that it can be prepared. It can be dried out, ground into flour and from there you can make paste or salves.

Cannabis root was used extensively as a medicine by the ancients.

Cannabis root could be used to counteract the effects of THC. This could be helpful if you under estimate an edible or you just loose control and get the munchies.

Cannabis (the dried, cured flower we know as bud) can contain very little CBD when tested. A large part of the marijuana plants CBD content is stored in the leaves, the stem and the roots. Roots are storage tanks. Cannabis root can be used to fortify your infusions and extractions. It can be consumed raw and it can be juiced or added to smoothies. You can also make tea out of the dried root.

Add two teaspoons of cannabis root to a smoothie and wait for about an hour for it to kick in. Your pain will melt away leaving you feeling relaxed without a heavy THC buzz. You will feel perfectly medicated for most of the day feeling energetic, happy and feeling good for daytime activities.

In much of the world, the main methods of preparation have been consistent through time. The root is either applied raw, dried, boiled, soaked, roasted or occasionally reduced to ash. The ancients believe that cannabis root ash and honey can rejuvenate hair growth when applied to the scalp.

If boiled for a short time it can be drunk as a tea, if boiled for a longer time it reduces to a thick, dark extract resembling pitch or heavy oil. If it is dried or roasted and ground, it forms a powder that can be rendered into salves or poultices; soaking it can produce a soothing, moist bandage for inflamed, burned or irritated skin.

Beeswax is a wonderful, natural ingredient you can use to make your own salves. On its own, beeswax isn"t a moisturizer, but when mixed with other ingredients, such as Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil or other natural oils, beeswax acts as a moisture barrier on your skin, protecting it from drying out and allowing the oils in the salve to soak into your skin. A few drops of essential oil can be added to your salve mixture for scent or therapeutic purposes. You can also infuse oil with herbs of your choice and use it in your salve mixture.

"The Medical Marijuana Guide. NATURES PHARMACY." shows you how to prepare and administer whole plant medicines that are safe and effective. Learn how to make medicated salves, balms, lotions and creams.

15. Roots contain no cannabinoids according to all my research. The active ingredients are alkaloids. A very weak tea can be consumed but it's usually used topically. It does have compounds that are very good for a lot of different issues but I wouldn't ingest it for this reason: "There is some suggestion that two alkaloids present in hemp root, Cannabisativine and isoCannabisativine, adversely affect the central nervous system and are hepatotoxic (toxic to the liver). However, some research points to the existence of spermidine in these alkaloids, which has anti-aging cellular properties and may also benefit those suffering from Type II diabetes. Research into this has been limited, and it is unclear if there is an entirely safe method of ingesting hemp root extracts. The pure, boiled extract should not be taken internally, although a tea boiled for less time, as previously stated, may have beneficial effects. - See more at: http://www.cannabis.info/us/abc/10003090-buried-tr..." [​IMG]

16. I've been reclaiming my EYTOH WITH A CONDENER BOUGHT FROM AMAZON

17. You've got a condenser? Cool. That must save some cash. [​IMG]

18. At the time I made that dragon, which I think was about 2 years ago, I think on the other thread it said 220 for 20 min.

Sam why would you have to decarb roaches/

19. Pictures???

Amazon item name?

20. Yes pictures and item description when you can.