Is this an OK light set up

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by canadiankush19, May 5, 2013.

1. #1 canadiankush19, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013
    Its an illumalight set with an air cooled hood, digital balast, hps and mh light and the yoyos. Its $250 and i can get it locally

Is it smart to buy a light set for that cheap, is it a safe product? Will it burn my house down? Lol im using cfls now so i want to upgrade to a cheap hps system and in a year or 2 change that to something like a lumatek system

Basically all im asking is, is it safe? And is it worth the money

This is what ill get for $250

1 x 6" LUMA Inline Air Cooled Box Reflector with removable Glass Panel
    1 x 600W Digital Dimmable Ballast (Able to switch from 250W, 400W, and 600W)
    1 x 600W Metal Halide Bulb
    1 x 600W High Pressure Sodium Bulb
    1 x Ceramic Socket (pre-wired into reflector)
    1 x Set of Easy Roller Yoyo Pulleys
    1 x Free 24 Hour Timer

2. too intimidating to read. lol

3. Hold...on....while....i......DISECT.....THIS.............

Did you really copy and paste the product info? Dude you would do better just posting a pic or linking us. Or atleast break it down in to lines....that shit hurts my eyes lol!

HERE....

I can get it locally, its $250 for everything. Is that a good price? And it wont burn my house down right? Lol im coming from a cfl grow now, so i just really want any hps. After a grow or something with this kit i plan on selling it and getting something nice like lumatek So basically is it safe? And is it worth the money? Heres all the details

This complete package includes a FREE Timer to help you to control the lighting time conveniently, especially when you're away from your developing garden. We also include a set of FREE Heavy Duty Yoyo's that make it easy when adjusting the height of your plug and play reflector.

Grow your plants safely and environmentally friendly with our LUMA systems! Package Content: 1 x 6" LUMA Inline Air Cooled Box Reflector with removable Glass Panel 1 x 600W Digital Dimmable Ballast (Able to switch from 250W, 400W, and 600W) 1 x 600W Metal Halide Bulb 1 x 600W High Pressure Sodium Bulb 1 x Ceramic Socket (pre-wired into reflector) 1 x Set of Easy Roller Yoyo Pulleys 1 x Free 24 Hour Timer 6" LUMA Inline Air Cooled Box Reflector with removable Glass Panel: Allows for regular air cooling Includes a pre-wired ceramic socket Assemble Lighting Multi-surface large hood to reflect most light towards your plants Standard 6" air vent fits to 6" exhaust fan system (NOT included) and fits inside most grow tents Removable tempered glass locked by switch which helps in regulating temperature control

Tempered glass assemble with exhaust fan (NOT included) can relieve heat for plants that do not need much heat Tempered glass removed without exhaust system can offer more heat for tropical plants Includes a 12 Foot cord to the Digital Ballast Overall Dimensions: 25.5in.(L) x 22in.(W) x 8.5in.(H) Reflector Opening Dimensions: 21.5in.(L) x 20.5in.(W) Light Weight 600W Digital Electronic Ballast (covered by 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty): This new Digital Dimmable Ballast Technology is the greatest advancement in hydroponics! Operates both High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Metal Halide (MH) Bulbs. Switch between 250W, 400W and 600W Includes built in Cooling Fans.

Includes a 8 Foot 120V cord to the power outlet (US Standard Plug) FCC, CE & CSA Certified HIGH OUTPUT! Our illumaLights Digital electronic ballasts are specifically manufactured for the horticultural industry and provide maximum light output! LOWER YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL AND SAVE MONEY! More efficient and reduced energy consumption means a lower electricity bill. When compared to standard core and coil magnetic ballasts you can save up to $100 a year on electricity! WORKS ON EITHER 120V OR 240V . It automatically detects the voltage and adjusts between 120-240 volts! Plugs into any standard household outlet. With a sleek look, the digital ballast is lighter, smaller and more reliable than standard technology "core and coil" ballasts.

The Built in "smart chip" included with the ballast AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTS TO HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM AND METAL HALIDE BULBS. There is no need for a "switch" or to change systems, simply change from MH for vegetative growth to HPS for the flowering phase of growth. Operates at a high frequency (20,000Hz) instead of the lowly 60Hz of standard core & coil ballasts. This allows the lamp to operate more efficiently, produce more usable light for plants and last longer. Lamp lumen loss is minimized allowing for a brighter system over time and extending usable lamp life by up to three times it's normal life span! LOW HEAT!

The digital ballasts run a lot cooler than standard systems improving ballast life. 600W High Pressure Sodium Bulb: Power: 600 watts (High efficiency) Expected Life Span: 24,000 hours Lumen: 90,000 lumens Color Temperature: 2,000K Contains more red spectrum, which is best for flowering. Strong power to penetrate fog High output, high luminescence efficiency.

Fit for all standard 600 watts HPS grow light systems Higher lumen output for higher yields! 600W Metal Halide Bulb: Power: 600W (High efficiency) Expected Life Span: 8,000 hours Lumen: 57,600 lumens Color Temperature: 4,000K Contains blue spectrum, which is best for vegetation. Strong power to penetrate fog High output, high luminescence efficiency. Fit for all standard 600 watts MH grow light systems Special good efficiency for leafy plants such as Lettuce and Herb Higher lumen output for higher yields!

Ceramic Socket: Fit for E39 bulb cap Detachable durable ceramic socket Easy to install if you need to change your reflector Ceramic socket should be used with ballast for steady power supply. With a 9.5ft. cord to the ballast Timer: (Included FREE) Safe and easy to use Ensure timer is disconnected from power supply. Press down the segment pushbuttons according to how long you require the system to stay on.

Each segment is 15 minutes. Turn the timer dial until the black pointer is set to the present time. Plug in your grow light system to the timer and then the timer to the power supply socket and switch the socket on. Timer and your light system go working until the stop time.

The timer can be overridden by moving the red switch on the side. Timer Power: Max Wattage 1725W; Max Current 15A/125V/60Hz Easy Roller Yoyo Pulleys: (Included FREE) Ease in adjusting the height setting for the reflector Max load weight of 5Kg per pulley

Attach the ceiling hooks. Attach one end of the roller to one of the hooks and make sure that the screw on the roller is loosened allowing the roller to be able to release. Pull the roller down and securely attach this to one side of the reflector. Repeat this for the other roller as well. Once both rollers have been attached to the reflector adjust the reflector to the right height. Tighten the screw to prevent the roller from releasing any more distance.

That oughta do it....[​IMG]

4. shit....think i made it worse....lol smh

5. i'm not even going to try to read this. lol

6. I fixed it... LOL my bad guys i was way too high when i posted that, never knew there was that much words in my OP. i edited it lol all i want to know is if illumalights are a legit brand, and are they safe?

I get this for $250

1 x 6" LUMA Inline Air Cooled Box Reflector with removable Glass Panel
    1 x 600W Digital Dimmable Ballast (Able to switch from 250W, 400W, and 600W)
    1 x 600W Metal Halide Bulb
    1 x 600W High Pressure Sodium Bulb
    1 x Ceramic Socket (pre-wired into reflector)
    1 x Set of Easy Roller Yoyo Pulleys
    1 x Free 24 Hour Timer

7. Yes it's a good deal

Sent from iPhone 5

8. Do you think its safe aswell? I just dont want to get something that flickers or will be a big safety concern

Also it didnt say on its details but do you think the ballast has soft start technology? Im not sure if it does, ive just heard the new digital balasts have soft start most of the time

9. Yes digital will have soft start should be safe I think we are all taking chance with fire

Sent from iPhone 5