my first mushroom grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by salchi, Oct 29, 2006.

1. it's been some time now, and i can't understand why they're growing so slowly. the first two were doing good, but then they just stopped (i'm guessing they'll be aborts), but now i have another one that's growing very well. here are some pics.
    there are also a bunch of new pins developing. i have also cased a jar, but there's nothing to see yet.

Attached Files:

2. I would suggest rolling in verm next time for a better pin-set. But other than that so far so good.

3. so how can i get spores in the us?

4. I actually heard that spores are only illegal in 3 states!!!

5. spores101.com for spores

I think they are only illegal in California, Iowa, and some other state

6. how hard is it to grow mushrooms? as compared to weed or something else?

7. i don't know about here, but there's a guy over at reeferman, that is very knowledgale about shrooms. i asked him, and he said ralphstersspores is where he gets his spores. i'd like to get some kind of all in one "shake-n-bake" kit and try it once.

8. yea.. id like to try and grow some mushrooms also... thats why i was wondering about the hardness of growing them...

9. mushrooms :: weed = mushrooms way easier imo

10. hmm.. maybe ill grow some then.. seein as much of wear i live is warm/cool and humid.. heh.. im gonna try my hand at growing weed first though

11. Nice, Im Jealous, I missed the mushroom season this year :(

Im pretty keen to do this, but I can't get spores.... Is it much harder to do it with spores straight from the mushrooms? because i can get them :D

Goodluck, and happy tripping

12. Keep us updated. It is interesting. Personaly I do mashrooms wery reare as they hardcore. Last time I got some mexicans in Amsterdam.Apart from weird flight, they had a lot of toxic effects what puts me of for now. For how long?
    :)

13. hmh.
    i'm having some problems. any ideas from other shroomers would be great. i'm still waiting for my other two birthed cakes and casing to start pinning, but it hasn't been long so it's ok.
    my trouble is with the cake that DID pin, i only got one reasonably sized mushroom and it wasn't even that big (the size of a lighter), all the other ones resulted it aborts. i waited some time to see if they kept growing, but they did not. i decided to havest what i have and saw that i only had 5 gr (wet). the cake is being dunked now, in hopes of a better second flush, but i thought mabye someone could tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    (and thanks for the replies)

Attached Files:

14. Looks like something a cow shit out :) but you probably do better than me... cant wait to try my hand at this.

let us know how it goes.

15. Didnt you die last week?!?!?!?!?

16. Did you dunk them for the first flush?

Did you drop the temp at least 10 degrees from incubation to fruiting?

Did you add some sort of light to initate pinnng?

17. yes, yes and yes.
    i dunked them, the temperature is certainly lower, and the top of the box is transparent.
    the problem wasn't in the initiation of pinning, there were plenty of those, the just stopped growing too soon. i wonder...

18. so some time has passed. but my grow is doing quite well.
    my other cakes are pinning, and best of all, so is my casing, if the casing goes well, i think i'll do it with all my cakes. so here is a picture. hopefully these will grow big and fat.

i'm going to eat some of these mushrooms for the first time on wednesday probably, wish me luck on my first trip!

here is a picture of my casing.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. How much are you going to dose wet or dry?

Congrats on your first grow!!!!

+rep

20. i know it's kind of sad to say, but i might only do 5 grams wet, since i think this wednesday is perfect (nothing to do in the next days, and i'm going to be pretty stressed later on), and it's the measly amount i got on my first flush. i really don't know what to expect so i want to see what it's like first. but if i have more by wednesday, i'm sure i'll have them too.
    i'll be sure to take them on a totally empty stomach.