Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coin in grinder question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ToJ, Apr 28, 2013.

1. I didn't mean for it to sound so mean, I was stoned and forgot tone isn't heard over gc, and that puncuation is important hahahah.

2. No worries, like I said act like dumbass, get dumbass treatment lol.

I suppose, but you can unscrew a grinder. Like I said, I'll have to give it a try sometime

3. No need for name calling. C'mon now -_-

4. ...no u

5. That is correct, the letter "U" was not in my post :smoke:

6. The only coin in grinder technique I know is when you place a 5 cent (euros) coin into the middle compartment, grind up and when you're done grinding, make sure all the bud is in the mid compartment, turn it so the kief screen is facing down, and you shake the grinder horizontally for a few minutes. Open up the kief compartment, be amazed, and so on.

7. Look it up in the search, pretty much every person who tries this will say it obtains more kief, the rest say that they don't like it because it knocks to much kief off the bud. But pretty much no arguing over whether it works or not. The extra weight of the coin compared to the bud lets it move around and hit each little individual piece of bud and knock of the trichromes that are to sticky to get knocked off otherwise. If you push the bud against the screen with your finger the excess pressure will end up pushing extra plant material through the screen, plus you won't knock off nearly as many trichs cuz the bud on the top/middle isn't losing its trichromes.

8. Sound like super cheap hash IMO. If you want concentrated goodness, make Errl. If you want quality buds, don't knock off all the trichs before ya smoke it. Easy peasy.

sent from yo mommas house!

9. The coin is really to keep the screen from getting clogged but it gets a little extra kief in the process. Basically you should really only need to shake the grinder around the scrape the screen every now and then.

And the amount of trichs it takes off the bud is negligible.

10. That's exactly what he was talking about

11. no. that is all.

12. But jimmy, if we clean our screens with a coin, where does that leave the ISO washing the grinder? I'd prefer to do this once a month or bi-monthly. Cleans then whole damn thing. Then you get to scape up your gorgeous golden goodness! :D

13. Why the hate on kief?

14. Eh, to each their own. I try to max out trich production so my buds are as frosty as can be. I'd rather spray my frosty buds or smoke em as is then dealin with kief. But that's me.

15. Oh.. Then I guess this day has wrecked all of my mental capability. :confused:

16. What about someone who doesn't like to smoke anyone made with a chemical solvent? Or someone who doesn't want the hassle of doing that. Or just prefers the way kief smokes over qwiso

Why would 4 and 5 piece grinders even exist otherwise

17. No hate here dude! I personally have run my kief course, doesn't mean I won't smoke it hen it accumulates, but I also won't go out of my way to knock trichs off my buds for later use. ;)

18. LMFAO dude the coin doesnt keep your grinder squeeky clean. and when you iso wash, are you only washing the screen? No. The whole inside of the grinder still gets just as sticky icky :cool:

19. Then by all means. Collect your kief and press that shit. No harm no foul right! And I don't blame ya, I don't like smoking solvents either. They have a process of removing them. It's called purging. I'm pretty sure the average lighter will expel like 5ppm of butane while smokin a bowl. Good errls test at .10-.05ppm. ;)

20. Not tryin to argue! Just conversating is all! Lol as I've said before, more then 1 way to skin a cat. That's why I love the world of weed. A millions things to do with it, and a thousand variations on those million ways!