Hemp lookalike wanted

Discussion in 'Security' started by MrKatt, Apr 28, 2013.

1. #1 MrKatt, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    Hi grassgrowers, Is there a plant that looks like The cannabis plant? Like a similar plant, because Im growin inside my room before I move it outside and I don't want anyone to recognize the plant, so I need a excuse or a cover.
    Yesterday my dad and the neighbor stood outside talking when I moved the plants to my balcony, the neighbor jokingly said "you aren't growing hemp, are you?" I laughed and said no and he replied "if so, we could make a deal". They think im just growin random seeds like watermelon and stuff. I hope you got some tips for me in how to handle this :)

2. Tomatoes are perfect, will put up some tomato signs in the pots, thx dude :)

3. You're welcome

4. Wait, hemp does not produce buds, right?

If so, tomatoes would be good but maybe they will ask why none are growing after a few months. Haha you should look up the amount of time it takes for tomatoes to be visible.

5. Yeah i will plant some tomatoes as well and compare

6. It's like the slightly mentally handicapped cousin of weed. lol.

7. Yes I agree haha

8. It's a lot closer in looks then a tomato plant is.. the wife used to grow the False Aralia years ago.. people would always ask ( is that??)..

9. Japanese maple.

10. Dang, those leaves are perfect, looks just like hemp, id like to plant one of those in the garden :)

11. sunflowers grow really tall and hide stuff well

12. If they are ignorant enough to believe weed is tomatoes then you can tell them what ever you want

13. Dwarf Japanese Maple, wow. If I ever ran into one of these things i'd search it [​IMG]for nugs :)

14. Lol right haha

15. Im gonna move them in a few weeks, they dont even look like weed yet, so far so good

16. There are some weeds here in Oklahoma that have the same growth habit and have leaves that really resemble pot to someone only vaguely familiar with the plants themselves.  I don't know what they're called.

Attached Files:

Looks a little like the giant ragweed we have up here in IA.  I keep thinking it would make a pretty bomb cover for an outdoor grow on my property.  I think I once even saw a strain of cannabis called Ducksfoot that had leaves that looked awfully similar to the ragweed.  But for the balcony grower, it'd be awfully hard to convince anyone you were growing ragweed intentionally...