different teas for vegging and flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by charlesCarnage, Apr 22, 2013.

1. i never knew this...

just got back from my local grow shop, and i found out that i need different ingredients for vegging and flowering i spent 30 bucks on this stuff, is it any good?? should i add any other nutrients? while im using this tea?

can you guys recommend a good tea for flowering that doesnt cost too much more than 30 bucks?

Attached Files:

2. + rep to whomever can give me good answers

3. Im not a fan of gaunos.... but i can tell you this much that will help far more.

Take EWC and mix in a bunch of oats together put it in a bag punch a hole or 2 in the bag and leave it somewhere warmish let it stay like that for 5-6 days untill it starts to grow white.

Toss the mess into a gallon of unclorinated water and stir for about 5-10 min then filter and water with it. Fungi boost ftw.

After that just top dress alfalfa, kelp meal, EWC and comfrey

4. cool thanks susan!!

5. #5 6raygp, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    No problem, youl love seeing your ladies after a good comfrey tea(high P) as well.
    FPE Bloom Fertilizer

You should probably spend that $30 on EWC and Kelp.

6. Kelp, EWC/vermicompost, alfalfa, crab shell meal, neem seed meal....All you really need to have on hand for teas.

Comfrey is wonderful though, a quick growing perennial that "mines" the soil for elements and produces a lot of valuable biomass throughout the year....who doesn't dig that?

And for $3 a root you can't go wrong. :D

https://www.horizonherbs.com/product.asp?specific=917

Check out this thread for more teas if you're interested.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/951823-botanicals.html

7. cool thank you very much!!!!

8. just got back from my local grow shop, and i found out that i need different ingredients for vegging and flowering

Dude - you do NOT need different ingredients for vegging or flowering in an organic garden. Yet another reason to stay the hell out of the damn hydro store - they simply don't have a clue when it comes to organic gardening.

In an organic garden we construct a soil in the beginning which contains everything needed to take out plants from veg through maturity and ten we use it over again. During your plants life bacteria (soil microbes) will break down the different amendments you added to your soil and changing them back to their elemental form, a form in which your plants can use it as plant food. As your plants grow and mature both the plant and the soil microbes (and fungus) will decide exactly what the plant needs, find it and use it. When it's flowering and wants a specific something they will find it and use it.

This isn't hydroponics where we force what's in the bottles down their throats. Again, they will figure out what they want and when they want it and use it accordingly.

I have never given anything different to my plants during different stages of life while growing organically. If I make a neem cake tea, all vegging and flowering plants get this tea. If I make a kelp tea, all flowering and vegging plants get this tea. If I use alfalfa, or or chicken manure, or comfrey, or humic acid - same thing. Get it? The plants and microbes know what the plant wants and will use it - or not. Let te plants and microbes decide; they know much, much better than you or I. All we can do is make sure that everything needed is there in the soil so that as something is needed it can be used.

Stop listening to the hydro store employees - if it doesn't have to do with bottle sales chances are 99.9% of the time they simply don't have a clue.

J

9. If your soil life is there to switch the uptake of N to the update of P by the plant choosing to feed either bacteria or fungi..... Then then theres a saved trip to the hydrostore. Trust the microbes... with out them you wouldnt exist.

10. thanks for the info, i never did a completely organic grow before, so this information is really helpfull!

thansk again!

11. so when the plants are flowering they use fungi, and when they veg they use bacteria?

12. They use both always but....

well this should awnser it...

Microbe Organics

13. ok i guess this kinda snswers my question

When the plant receives its signal from the upper world, above the soil, that it is time to switch gears and produce flowers and or fruit, its nutrient requirement changes. Although the mechanics are not well known to this author, studies indicate that the plant then increases the uptake of the ammonia (N) (bioavailable nitrogen) and reduces or stops excreting the carbon which feeds the bacteria/archaea. This effectively starves the bacteria/archaea which will react by dying or becoming dormant. This of course results in a similar reaction by the protozoa and bacterial feeding nematode population. The mycorrhizal fungi previously mentioned is then triggered into increased growth and production. Studies have indicated that the transference of bioavailable phosphorus and potassium to the roots occur mainly as a function of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal hyphae in symbiotic relationship with the roots of the plant. The fungal hyphae (microscopic strands) grow right into the root cells and exchange nutrients. In exchange for carbon, once again released by the plant, the fungal hyphae delivers the required bioavailable nutrients to the root system. The fungal structure derives these nutrients from organic matter and food sources in the soil, some naturally processed by the other players as previously mentioned. It is my hypothesis that the form of carbon released to stimulate the mycorrhizal activity is of a varied molecular structure from that released to promote the bacteria/archaea population previously discussed, however I have no direct data to substantiate this. There are often different types of bacteria which accompany mycorrhizal fungi, adhering to the fungal hyphae in a symbiotic relationship. It is thought that these bacterial species function to exchange nutrients with the fungi as well as to protect the fungal hyphae from consumption by other microbes and even contribute to the protection of the plant from pathogenic fungi. There are other types of mycorrhizal fungi (ectomycorrhizal) which encapsulate roots rather than entering them but these are mostly associated with trees in the temperate and boreal regions.
    So you see it is quite a complex arrangement which the plant conducts or controls and there are many facets which yet remain a mystery.

14. gosh information overload!!! i'm just gonna start with my worm castings and guano, and the oatmeal/EWC combo for now, and ill slowly work my way up

15. just made some of that FPE bloom stuff its fermenting now should be ready for flowering

16. I say make yourself a nice ewc, honey, kelp tea and you should be good to go good buddy.

Sip+Cup=Destruction
    GK

i'll try it for sure, i love simple tea recipes!!

18. #18 charlesCarnage, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    OMG i love organics, no more ph probs, no more over fertilizing, no more having to flush out the soil every 2 weeks, and i also save a crap load of money!!!!  I never EVER, have had ladies this happy before!!!  gosh i cant wait to try the finished product!!!!!

thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it!!!

3rd week of flowering(4 weeks of 12/12)

Attached Files:

19. What has your regiment mainly been comprised of?

20. Looking good keep it up!