Stunted Plant

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by kahgknow, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Hey everyone so I had a bag seed Northern Lights that sprouted rather quickly and being in a self watering container took off from the very beginning. She seemed to be doing well even after I transplanted her into a 5 gallon bucket. However, I decided to LST as I do all my plants and she did NOT like it at all. The next day she was droopy and just not a happy plant at all. I finally took the strings off of her after a few days figuring she would perk back up and be happy as can be. Nothing happened she is still droopy and sad looking, I even tried to give her an EWC slurry but had no luck. It is now like 2 weeks since I removed the strings and she does not look like she has even grown a cm. Is there anything I can do to fix her? Is she a goner? I just topped a white widow 2 days ago (again bag seed) she is happy as can be right next to the NL.

2. Interesting. I've just started using LST my last two grows. I love it! I've yet to have a plant that did not respond well to it. Maybe it's just a genetic thing and the NL just doesn't like it. Kinda like some strains responding well to topping, while others do not. I'd stake her back into a fully upright position. Is it possible that she's experiencing some shock from the transplant?

3. Yes LST is awesome. I have not had a problem with any other strains besides this one. After I transplanted I waited about a week before I started LST as I did not want to cause too much stress, she was happy the entire time until I started training her.

4. Well, with my limited experience, I'd say go back to where you started; i.e. stake her upright. This of course will not work with the rest of your LST'd garden. Maybe you'll get some more informed opinions in the near future. Good luck.