How could my tent possibly still be too hot!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nerdyGrower, Apr 20, 2013.

1. So i have a 4x4x6 tent with a 1000w hps light.

I now have an 8" 735cfm inline to blow air from outside the tent, directly into the hood, and directly out to the outdoors.

I also have an identical fan place inside the tent (hooked up to a carbon filter). This fan blows air directly outdoors as well.

Yet the ambient temp is still 80! The temp in the room the tent is in is 70

2. Dude you have a 1000 watt light in a 4x4 that is allot of heat from the bulb, i have a 400 watt in the same size tent.

3. I get that. It still doesn't make sense to me. I have enough air current to replace the air (in theory) 7x per minute. Not including the fan solely cooling the bulb.

4. That only a 10 degree difference. Additionally 80 degree isn't a bad temp at all. My god it actually sounds really nice...sorry got sidetracked. Remember that phat 1000 watter is pumping out not only an asston of lumens but also continuously pumping out heat too. But yes you are right I don't think you need to ventilate your tent anymore. If the 80 is too high for you...is it possible to drop ambient temp (air conditioning). Other than that I'm not too sure what else you can do. GL bro

5. What type of hood?

6. 6". If that is what you're asking

7. temp if fine. just keep an eye out if they start to burn. if u can, add another oscillating fan.