Organic cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by geneween77, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Well I have tried several different "cant fail" methods with hit or miss results. Since using the coffee can cloner I have always had 99% success (there might be 1 I lost somewhere along the way but I dont think so). I have taken small and teen sized clones that root in as little as 5 days with root balls pretty large. Never got transplant shock or anything. They are tough and can handle more we give em credit for. :)

2. I also built a aero cloner when I started cloning for whatever reason the success rate was low 30% maybe so I tried rooting hormone and just sticking em in potting soil I have probably a 95% success rate or better with that something I've learned in my short time of growing less is more I started with all these new technologies and complicated techniques and equipment and nothing worked as good as the basics now I just use composted soil and water with HID lights and do great with it. My opinion is don't over think ur grow these plant thrive in the wild unattended

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. lol!!! For all you spent on your win, I wouldnt have spent half that on electricity + the supplies to build a diy bubble cloner. And for lame stuff kickin around the house to get a second chance in life rather than thrown out or recycled = priceless. Have not had a cutting not make it yet with the diy bubble cloner and that includes my 1st run ever with mine, 12 out of 12 cuttings are now plants =). 12 out of 12 ever since as well. Have only had one clone die and that's because the friend I gave it to, had a cat that liked it more than him lol.

4. Never heard of it.  It's a pity that he didn't explain himself...

What's IN human saliva that makes it a good cloning solution?

I googled saliva and rooting, and most the results seem to point in the direction of saliva being rich in "hormones"

No discussion of which hormones, of course.... Seems highly dubious.... human hormones are not rooting hormones.

Only one article said the benefits of saliva could be that it is antiseptic.... helping prevent damping off and pathogenic fungi/bacteria and that ilk.... that seems far more likely.  Still not as good as kelp/aloe/silica, but OK I suppose.

6. The folks previously gave you some good advice. Here's mine; plan your cloning so that you will be taking cuttings on the day of a complete drench watering and then wait 45-60 mins after watering before taking your cuts. The plants will have more turgidity from the water uptake and this will help prevent cutting cell wall collapse. This will assist with rooting and less stress.

I think the advice on 200w max is maybe questionable but work with what you got and its not worth splitting hairs over. Just make sure you have adequate light coverage.

That's my protocol anywho :bongin: :bongin: :bongin:

Lots of ways to skin this cat but you dont need any fancy bullshit at all. Cloning jel and rooting hormones help but you dont have to have them.

Fill a solo cup half way with soil with a hole poked into the dirt, cut a clone and strip 2 nodes, poke it in, water it and cover the cup with a sandwich bag. let sit under floro lights for 2 weeks and if its good then work on hardening it off.

8. #29 DLHIII, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    I used the advice from Jerry's simple method of cloning,mine is a mixture of peat,a little perlite,ewc,and compost
    This cutting is from the top of the mother,I haven't touched it since I put it in this 18oz paper soup bowl with a plastic lid, I wrapped in tin foil, and then I realized I should of just covered it with the tin foil alone ,lol!! now I have to cut the lid of to get the clone out.
    This clone will be 2 weeks tomorrow,its been standing tall the whole time on 18/6 ,should have nice roots!!!
    I'm gonna cut some holes in the bottom tomorrow,my soils done cooking in two weeks. Or maybe I can cut the bottom of the bowl out and stick it in the final pot or should I be worried about the ink coloring of the paper dissolving in my soil?
    It is a recycled paper bio degradable soup bowl!?!?

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Easy clone

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408623550.960784.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408623564.043895.jpg
    The first pic is NYDiesel cuts in peat/EWC/perlite mix... I took the cuts and dragged the stems through my own aloe blob that I scooped out of the aloe leaves... It coats them very well... Placed in soil with a ziplock bag over them, misted daily....... 3 weeks later lots of new growth......

And then the homemade bubbler..... This is "organic" too since I don't add any rooting hormones, nor my aloe... Just air and water... A few days in with these still waiting to see...

I like using aloe you grow at home as a "rooting solution".