The Origin of the Term '420'

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Apr 18, 2013.

1. i heard that back in the day if you charged with possession of cannabis the fuzz calle it in as a 420

2. #42 kayakush, May 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
    double post

3. aWESOME 420 VIDEO CALLED FEELIN420 BY JAMESGHOST
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0EkPGi9yTw&feature=share&list=PL15F5C4821FAEA79C

4. The famous time of day,
    [​IMG]

5. I know I read the entire thing and by the end was like nice. For another 420 years, epic!

6. This was wonderful. Good Job! I enjoyed it thoroughly. 

7. #47 lechugas, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    The time and day when everything is alright :)

8. Using Hebrew numberology, the word "ashan," (עָשָׁן) which means smoke, equals 420.

Sure, you need to drop the vowel (שָׁ) and multiply the consonants (עָן), but that's the number you get.

ן is 6, and עָ is 70. שָׁ is 300.

9. This is awesome! When I was in high school, some kid said it's what the cops use when someone's been busted smoking, but I thought that was wrong! My mom grew up in the 70's, and when I asked her what it had to do with pot she said she didn't know where it came from but it's been around for some time, I kind of wanna show her this!

10. thanks for the info bro, honestly i alwas wondered why 420 , now i know

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. no idea, but after 10 years of smoking plus, i seem to always look up while i'm toking and notice it's 420 LOL....

who knows.. life's a trip

12. #52 PinkFloyd42o, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    This is where "4:20" came from.

When kids would get out of school it would be sometime around 3:40ish right?

So by time they get home, grab a snack, and meet up with their friends to smoke out it would be 4:20.

It use to happen to our "group" all the time so I figured that's where it originated from.

Makes sense right?  :smoke:  

13. aw shit love high history lessons
    [​IMG]

14. random number stoners randomly got a boner for 

15. The post was incredible and now an Infographic takes it to another level entirely! Can't believe I never knew any of this, thank you!

16. Thanks for the interesting lecture, I enjoyed it! 

17. I beleved 4:20 was the time ppl got home from work and lit their first joint ^^

S4 + Taptalk = Stonerific

18. aw shit love high history lessons<em>[​IMG]</em>

19. Nah you missed it, as did i the first time. When the OP writes that "they were trying to locate evil weed to destroy it with a series of controlled burns", he means they were smoking it. It is good writing, idk if it classifies as sarcasm or not.

But what Ive heard is that thkse high schoolers were always staying after school for detention, which let out at 4:20, at which point theyd promptly go to their spot and smoke.

Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. aw shit love high history lessons

[​IMG]