Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is weed a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TimeIsIllmatic, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Marijuana is a gateway drug to anyone who's already interested in doing other drugs.

2. Weed wasn't my first drug, sooooo, no.

3. if anything its a gateway to nicotine lol

4. It was a gateway for me because the people I originally started smoking with dabbled into unmentionables so I say yes. But only because its illegal and associated with other drugs!

5. #25 didier12, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2013
    Not as much as alcohol that's for sure.

For me it went Alcohol to weed to strong psychedelics. I'd say the stronger psychedelics were the best of all and I'm glad that alcohol set me off on that path, though it's very rare I drink it these days.

6. Both lol:smoking:

7. To be honest.....yes it is, for some people. I have close friends who I always smoke with growing up and now they have started using other things. They would have never been open to the world of drugs and drug dealers and getting "high" if it wasn't for weed, it eased them in to it. I have never been attempted however, only smoke herb and don't even drink.

8. The black market is the gateway...

9. Is milk a gateway drink?
    Does growing up in an impoverished area mean you will automatically join a gang?
    Did the giants deserve to beat the pats in superbowl 2012?

All the answers to these questions are no.

I will say however, after reading all the propaganda and believing it until I smoked at age 14, it lead to me doing a lot of research on the harms I'd been told were attached to other drugs and found a lot of bogus bullshit is stated against the use of hallucinogens and others.

10. Misinformation has got to play a part in this. Parents, gov and schools tell you bud is bad and it'll fuck up your life. So naturally you try it anyway and see that it's awesome.
    You smoke wake up the next day go out and get shit done and feel amazing.

Then someone without the proper information could be tempted to see what "other stuff" is like only to find out its actually addictive, can be harmful to ur body and actually mess you up.

Legit info could go a long way.

11. haha thats for sure man:bongin: