Whats a healthy age for the seedlings to MH

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bigc29, Apr 15, 2013.

1. My seedlings are about 10 days old, I have a 600watt Metal Halide & i was wondering a healthy time to put them in the MH 600w room. There 6 Plants under 2 CFL right now:confused:

2. It's a tough question without knowing all about your grow. Air flow, temperature, etc.

Add to that I have never grown with a 600 watt mh and take the following with a grain of salt...

I've grown from breaking ground with a 1000 watt HPS, so it can be done at anytime as long as your dialed in on your grow.

I would say 10 days from sprouting is enough time and growth to transfer them under the MH. If you are really nervous, wait another 4 days or so but personally I would hate to lose the growing power of the MH during those 14 days.

3. Thats true, ill wait a little longer
    Thanks alot:)

4. ive had my seedlings under my 400 watt mh since day one and they couldnt be happier. i just keep the light far away at first and slowly lower it so they have a chance to get used to it. u could also dim it a bit but they should be fine. if anything after a week they will definitely be ready for it.

5. tHANKS