Making A Better Oil Pen (PICS INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by WaxPayne, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Yo Cheech, its all good man just post when ya can :)

The RUVaped and a bigger battery is an excellent setup! Usually, these companies use very small batteries (350-650mah) in their kits in order to cut costs. I use my 1000mah ego-twist with my RUvaped and set the voltage LOW (3.2-3.6 max) because it seems they burn hot like a L/R atomizer. You can even use a standard battery that doesnt incorperate variable voltage but TRUST ME, you'll want a variable voltage battery. Why? Because you can use it on all kinds of different carts and attys, you can increase the amount of vapor production, and also decrease the voltage in case you are using low resistance carts or attys.

On page one i have my RUvaped attached to my 1000mah twist . works fuckin amazing!

But like i stated, my personal favorite is the Gentlemen's V2 HashOil Atty. The flavor is unmatched by any of the carts/attys i posted in the OP and you can still get those fat ass hits that make you cough. Now if you want something that feels closer to a dab? You know, that INTENSE feeling in your lungs and the feeling of not being able to stop coughing even though you want to....well then go with the Glass Globe. It seems to give HUGE hits in no time at all.

The only thing about using these two things (Gentlemens and RUVaped) as opposed to a cartomizer is that they do burn hotter which means they will go through your wax quicker. I usually go through about an eighth of wax (honeycomb or shatter usually) in 4-5 days regardless so ive actually been saving alot using this pen. Dabs just make the wax go by too quick :smoking:

2. Alright guys so I got my mini ego battery today. It's extremely small but works amazing. While it isn't variable voltage, it works great with ALL my attachments :) here's some pictures .

image-3129365351.jpg

The battery fits inside the palm of my hand. Perfect size for stealth and small sessions.

image-4297566.jpg

This is the battery with the Ego cone cover , a gentlemens hash oil atty, and my stainless Buddha drip tip.

3. I'm curious how good that battery is. :smoking:

4. ^For $8 ...it's the tits!

You could actually buy one of these for any of the attachments from
    the OP . The only downsides are the limited battery capacity and variable voltage but it works great . I've only had it today but I fully charged it once it got here and it's been lasting me all day. I've been vaping both concentrates and ejuice and it works flawlessly for both.

If you're wanting to save even more money , have an even stealthier pen and don't want a VV or high capacity battery, get one of these . It's a great intro battery for anyone looking to get lifted.

5. Great post man. Recently got a vape and picked up the glass globe too. Have you found there to be trouble with trying to vape the wax that's at the bottom of the bowl? How much wax should I be putting in at one time? And one more thing, should I place the wax on the coil itself or around it? Thanks for the help man and once again, great post.

6. Thanks for the write up! Did u also remove the wick from the cart? or just left it in there?

7. Hey justiice thanks for stoppin by :) ok so what i do with the Vaped globe
    Is I just take a normal sized dab and place it on the center of the coil inside the ceramic cup. Then I just vape away! For the stuff on the sides, I just adjust the voltage up (NEVER PAST 4.0!) and it seems to get hott enough to melt the side residue w/o overheating the coil . If it's really bad in there, just use your dabber and gently scraPe it off the sides and then put it back on the center coil :) kind of a pain but still easier to fill than a Kanger cart.

Anytime man . Thanks for checking it out :D
    For the cart I just remove the white cottony filler on the inside and then proceed with priming , filling and getting high :smoking:

8. I love those puff counters, never knew how many rips I was taking. Probably would have lost count after the meds kick in anyway...

The new coil was a bust, he received them and the performance was not too great, so they went back to R & D on it.

I had a billing issue, so my tank is probably just now getting to me this evening. I never catch that slow mail-person before work, so hopefully it will be there tonight when I get home. I will never get caught without a spare after this!

For dry herbs, I'm thinking of either the mighty flight box or one of those Puff it inhalers.

suchnsuch legal user MMJ card holder baby

9. nice thread guys, these gentleman vape mini atomizers look the shit! unfortunately im in the uk, shipping is a deal breaker.

so would any of the atomizers on the following page do the same job? im thinking the mini atomizer on an ego mini battery would be a pretty cool stealth oil vape?

Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

10. For dry herbs , I suggest the DaVinci or Pax..I love my DaVinci and it hasn't failed me yet :) also here great things about the Puffit but not so much the Magic Flight Launchbox. Yes they do work and are easy to use and also inexpensive , but their fail rates are hit and miss. You can check out the threads on here and FC , that's how I picked the DaVinci.

11. Thanks for the recommendations, I think between those two, I'd go for the PAX. A bit out of my price range right now, but when I'm ready to step my game up, I'll check those out.

So far, I have the pen-style (love it) & the vapor genie aluminum bat, which I don't like very much. (need a lighter w/an adjustable flame)

12. ok after a day of research I think ive managed to replicate the setup posted, excellent post by the way, so much good info here, in fact everything needed, heres the links for the people in the uk, everything suggested is available through the site below, their customer service is excellent as well

drip tips
    Drip Tips

atomizer (appears to be the exact one gentleman vapes used once the wick is removed)
    Olympian 510 LR Atomizers

kanger cartomizer
    Kanger Cartomizers

battery
    eGo Spinner Batteries

shipping is cheap and quick, I will come back once ive actually smoked with it but all seems to be the same

13. The VG is alright but you are right about the lighter thing being a pain in the ass lol.

Pax are awesome if you are willing to spend the cash. I bought the DaVinci because it was $110 cheaper but I like the design and functionality of the PAX.

Thanks man i really appreciate that, took some time to make the thread :) That looks like a great setup Ryan and you've made me curious about the Olympian atty. Post back with the results of your experience :smoke:

14. Ok so I fired up the pen last night with some bho oil I aquired and holy shit, massive rips and pure white clouds, this atty burns hot !
    The one I got was basically a 510-t, removing the wick was a bit of a pain as its a spike style system, the Olympian is a standard 510 atty and liberty flights said there's is higher quality to the joy tech one, and after inspecting the ceramic dish I'm pretty sure it's the same one gentlemans vape uses on their mini tank.

A thought i did have was going back to a standard resistant atty as they may burn slower and make me cough less ? Waxpayne have you had any experience with these ? If it worked then you could get a 901 version with the stylish 901 batteries that light up when you toke them !

15. Fuck yea!! Ryan that sounds awesome ! I haven't used the Olympians but now I'm definitely going to buy some ! I'm on vacation right now but will order once I get home. I'll order one regular and one low resistance to run some tests. The low resistance do burn hotter than regulars which is why I turn my voltage to its lower settings (3.2-3.6)

I'm 80% sure standard attys will work but need to run tests first

16. #56 ryandunn188, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    cool, let me know how you get on, my atty died after about 20 hits, kinda shitty so im going to get the kanger you mention, let me know how you get on with the standard resistance ones as the 901 battery's are cool as fuck

what ohm are your kanger carts?

17. #57 WaxPayne, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    Damn Ryan in sorry to hear that about the atty : / can u send it back for a new one? I haven't had any problems with mine yet but I keep voltage very low for attys.

The Kangers you will like. The only downside is filling but on just refer to the OP or to pg 2 where Bkdelux explains an easier way to fill the cart (loading w/ snake dabs) The Kangers are nice and produce a smooth hit with tons of vapor. They can allow greater airflow as well w/ less chance of clogging. I love them when I'm out of town or staying somewhere for a few days. You can put quite a bit in there (maybe even 1.5 grams) I haven't had any die on me yet and best of all, you can get 25 Kanger Carts for the price of two Gentlemen's carts and 50 Kangers for the price of the RUVaped globe. If one dies, it won't be a huge hassle.

Now I'm hesitant on the Olympians but I'm still going to give them a chance when I get back home.

I haven't had any experience with 901 batteries , just Ego's (Twist-C and 420Mini)but they do look pretty damn awesome. There are some badass batteries available like the E-VIC that hooks up to your computer so you can run diagnostic tests and download firmware updates, there's the ZMAX by Smoktech that looks like a lightsaber , there are new EGO style pens that have wide bottoms that light up, this market is getting very popular, very fast so I'm hoping to see more new and interesting products throughout the year.

18. ok so ive managed to acquire a LR Bridgeless atty straight out the box from safercigs, it looks nearly identical to the gentleman vapes mini one.

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Bauway_LR_510_bridgless_atomizer_15ohms/p705283_8176717.aspx

Im going to try this one as I cant help thinking I may of messed mine up de-bridging it, it seems to have wire wool round the sides on the cermaic element, shall I just leave this in to maintain good heating as it doesnt look like its a wick so removing it may be pointless? take a look at the picture and let me know.
    I also bought a low resistance cart, which I though was a kanger style one, turns out its a cheaper one with the wire running down the side of the tube, is this worth trying or am I better off getting the kangers?
    as a friend has given me some but they're standard resistance and I only have a standard 3.7v battery so im not sure its going to be powerful enough ?

thanks for the replies so far this is a fun project.

19. Hey ryan sorry for late response. This atty is fine just the way it is :) let me know how she runs :D

20. What happened to all of my pictures!? Goddamnit... :rolleyes: sorry guys...had a pretty sweet thread up until a couple days ago .