help my power went out for about 12 hours last night

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by makeitLegalnSTL, Apr 11, 2013.

1. So the power went out due to a storm last night my timer was set to shut down at 8pm it did so then the storm came throughbi lost power until 8 this morning my plants are 6 weeks old will this fuck with them at all please answers from long time farmers not just some keyboard warrior that has read alot of stuff off the net. I have read plenty just want thoughts from a few pros thanks in advance

2. You said your light was suppose to shut off at 8 pm and it did. So now the light is scheduled off and you lose power? You lost it for 12 hours? What stage are you in veg or flower? If off for 12 hours in flower then no big deal. If veg then they could have stretched worse case scenario. Lowest veg time is 18/6 so a extra 6 hours off could cause stress at worst confusion. You should be fine if I'm reading you correctly.

3. They are just fine. When you're vegging the plants won't miss a beat if the light schedule alters a little bit. Flowering is a different story, but even then you can mess up a day and not have any serious consequences.

Sounds like you guys really got whacked out there. Hope everyone (and their plants) are OK.

4. Sorry yea im 6weeks into veg forgot to add that part they have been on 18/6since day one just kinda wanted to get a few response by actual pro gardners i have read many things just lookin for input from the oldies this isnt my first grow just my first crack at the indoor circuit

5. Don't freak! Just get back to the normal light schedule! We have been breeding out the "fragile", hermie-prone genes for decades, and they are less of a problem now.

I break the "Light rules" on a daily basis! I grow in the den closet and the door is left open 24/7 (unless the landlord is over to fix the plumbing-again). Now by most folks thinking, my closet should be "Hermie City"! But in about a decade of growing, I have had exactly TWO hermies!

Now maybe the Ganja Goddess just loves me, but I simply don't get hermies from "light leaks" such as having the door wide open day and night! I think the whole "light leaks = hermies" is WAY overblown!

Granny

6. Yea it was a pretty good storm we all survived except two out of the 3 expirements didnt make it threw the storm thanks for the info bud i didnt thinkbit would cause too muchbproblems but thought i would ask

7. thanks stormcrow i fired the lights back up as soon as the power came on

8. Best purchase I've made over the past few years was a rebuilt generator for $200. Through a couple of hurricanes and a blizzard (I'm in New England), it's saved three harvests for me and lots of refrigerated food for friends and family.

9. can't rep granny again yet but I've been trying to tell people this for years...
    :hello::smoking: