iGrows NorCal Outdoor

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by igrow2cure, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Two to three feet down should plenty for a nice big bush

2. Hey iGrow, found ya, sub'd

3. Big really I just break up the top later if soil and mix it into the soil then water. It's that simple. Where are the pics? They can help us get an better diagnosis or your plants and garden.

4. what up GoldHill!

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. all the pics are here! Lol

I was just windering if u had any tips regarding dr.earth products and how u incorporate it to ur garden. Im just "wing'n it" as far as feeding with it and making his tea recipes.

As far as the boxes go im going to do as planned and dig 3ft down and about 4ft wide and then fill the box about an inch from top and then bur a hole fir my transplant. Some are in 1 gal pots and some are in 3 gal pots. My concern about filling the box instead of just in ground below the box was. About the roots taking over my boxes that are 4x4 and not going down. Into the hole.

Ive only ever done inground outdoor with great results but since im tossing the bottles I figured why not do everything completly different from what I know! Lol. I get overwhelmed and anxious when I "dont know" how things will turn out. Im just a worry wort.

6. #46 Gold Hill Ganga, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    So iGrow are you building or already built your supersoil? I have used dr earth for the last three years, I build it into my soil. I like using the tree one (7-2-1) and Life (5-5-5), that's really all you need, and get your self a good sized bulk bag of alfalfa and kelp meal and always keep EWC on hand and your pretty much ready to rock. I mix my soil but the wheel barrow load +-3 cu ft. I add about 2/3 of the barrow with a base soil such as promix, sunshine #4 etc, then I add a nice 2-3" layer of coco coir, then a half bag of chicken poo and a half bag or more EWC (I do the whole bag) and cover all that with a layer of perlite, I add more perlite as needed after it's mixed and I can feel if it needs more. For amendments I do 2 cups alf, 1 cup kelp, 1/2 cup oyster meal, 1/2 cup neem cake (if you have it you can always top dress later), 1 cup crab meal (if you have it, I didn't use it this year ran out and decided not to pony up for more), 1/2 cup bone meal (not needed but some like it) and 1 cup dr earth 5-5-5, and 1/2 cup of dr e 7-2-1, bam gold hill super soil. This is the mix I ran last year and had my sour strawberry test at 26.8% thc and GDP at 24.1% and only watered, only 3 teas all of veg time (and they didn't need it I just wanted boost it up) and a couple teas in flower.

You can top dress with dr e and then work it into soil and water it in it works great. I don't use it in teas it's too hot IMO I use kelp and alf tea and then EWC tea separate and alternate. Sometime's less is more. Especially with tea.

7. Yes, im building my own. I know supposed to let it cook for 30 days but 15 days will jave to do ill just put raw soil around the roots so the plants can graduslly get into the super soil later.

I dont have neem cake, crab meal, or rock phosphate. I did get rice hulls though and some azomite. I got everything else.

Nice, and thabk you for the recipe and instruction for mix. I do need to get more ewc and ive already got coco on hand. Time to mix er up.

Thanks again gh! Greatly appreaciated.

Dr. Earth make me proud. Im thinking of trying dr. Earth indoor after summertime and do a no till transplant.

8. This is what I got fro the doc. 2 a piece. Ill need more and ill have to look for that tree one.

Attached Files:

9. Some bud shots.....3xcrazy aka optimus prime.

Attached Files:

10. #50 Dadeo, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    So much good stuff going on in here.
    I like the bed idea should grow into monster bushes.

11. Whooo whee! Were fuck'n ready to rock baby! Ionly 3 more holes to dig!

Really looking forward to this organic outdoor this year. I wish I could have found more raw materials but hey, I think ill be ok. As far as the dr earth goes, im using that exculsively due to having to let my soil cook if I used all the raw material I wanted. It seems a good amount of everything I need is in the dr earth dry fert. Itll still cook for 2 weeks.

3xcrazy came down today. 61 days.

12. What's good man? You planting this weekend? Stay up

13. Hellz yes! Its like xmas ove here! Im so pumped guys! Indoor gets repetitive, its a nice change in thangs.lol

Ill get pics up later this evening. Tis the season.....

14. Fuck im beat! The last 2 nights ive been waking up to extreme tooth ache, fuckn shit hurts and keeps me up til early morning..

I still have to chip up 2 boxes and fill with soil.
    In these 2 boxes I will be doing a more raised bed style with just ffof and im going to use floranova veg/bloom on just these 2. Ill add supplements that ate bottled aswell like crystal burst floralicious plus kool bloom etc. Itll be a nice side by side atleast huh?

So ill have 8 in ground 2 in 65 gal smarties and 2 in 3x3 raised bed.

When I popped my seefs I popped 17 of them and all are female and ive only got room for 12. And im not going with joe(gsc) because I figure I hv 5 femake mothers of her now that I will take clones from and throw her in flower, im kinda bummed because she was my fav last year but I have a bunch of seeds of her so I can run her in the future. Though itll be nice to see what she dies indoor.

So I have 5 gsc (joe) 1 white lavendar and 1 tahoe og left over they all need to be transplanted bad!

Attached Files:

15. Roof shot! Giod morning! Doin yardwork today edge, mow etc..
    Also ill get the 3 in their spots this evening.

Attached Files:

16. hey gold would u mind posting a veg tea recipe for me? Im brewing a batch of dr. Earth rootzone tea as a soak but only did half the recommended doses per dry fert.

So much info on organic tea its hurting my head. K.I.s.s.

For me its not so much understanding organic growing but to achieve the same results as before using chems and using only soil, tea and water. And how to keep the soil supberb!

I feel like a newb, its kinda exciting actually. Everything googd so far......tomorrow is friday , get high day!

Attached Files:

17. Hey iGrow, I'd start with a simple vermicompost tea, throw 1 cup worm castings per 5gals brew 24-48 hrs and serve.

18. Nice! Thank you!

19. looking good, nice job.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. What a nice blue sky today! I still havent got around to planting the other 2. I decided to do a joe gsc, I put the white lavender and the other 3 gsc in flower inside.

Ive been super busy lately, I dropped my phone in a bucket almost 2 weeks ago and still havent went to replace it. Fuckn douche!

Ive got some more inferno coming down in a week and it is not the inferno I grew last time yet it fron the sane source idk wtf it is tbh... I almost think its chemdawg, my buds have fallen over due to the chunk! Its almost fuely but really sweet rosey too? No purp either, last time purple all the way through. I personly dont care for purp other than its "sexy".

I didnt feed my ganja plants any tea as I just want to wait it out a bit. Before I start smackn teas. Maybe 2-3 weeks then ill start. Ill post my recipes as I do more research. Fuck thats s big reason ive been so busy, ive been reading my ass off on my free time instead of handling shit...sometimes I like not having a phone and not beibg abke to get ahold of. I remember having a pager back in the day. Simple, im about ti get one and give that out instead my phone#. Glow in the dark button....smh

I got a water filter for my hose, pretty cool along with a chemical free hose booya! Im sure.

Ill be shootn wax today and later when it cools down plant the 2 gsc and critical hog.

Attached Files: