First time grower White Widow (pics) and a question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by growiusmaximus, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Looks great.
    What do the trichs look like?

2. High max! Damn! Is that all White Widdow? Thats some pretty decent yeild for the strain. Any chance you could put a lighter up to the cola int the first shot for me? I got get a better look at these. Bravo!
    ***raises hand to give high five***
    Looks like you will be having a happy new year. Peace and keep em green, TBug

3. Happy New Years Grass City

Hey SmknVTEC. the thrichs have all gone cloudy, just waiting for them to go 30 - 50% amber before the chop.

Hey T.Bug, thanks for the props. Yes that is all white widow off 2 plants that have taken over a 8x3x9 closet. That top cola is pretty awesome almost 11" tall and 4 inches wide. The girls are asleep now but will take a pic in the morning with a lighter for scale.

4. Ok T.Bug here is one pic to scale and some really cool closups i took with a new lens.

Attached Files:

5. High max! Very nice bro. It must be that 1000w hps. With the lihgter, I see that its not as huge as I was originally freeking out about, but still damn nice and better most. Great work Just the same! and nice photos too.

I asked santa for a 600w hps + cool breeze hood with the hortilux bulb. wouldnt ya know, ol St. Nick came through.:D May have it up and running by spring.

Anyways, Peace, thanks, and keep em green. TBug

6. Alright, we have about 20% amer trichs and the hairs have gone 60 - 70% orange. I just removed remaining flush water and began the 36hour dark period. I will be harvesting tomorrow night. Will update with pics tomorrow.

7. Well I harvested today. I removed all water 2 days a go and they have been dark for about 42hours. Pulled them out and had some friends over for the chop. The stems were very dry due to the lack of water. (this is a good thing). After trimming plant 1 (the Big'un) weighed in at 1153 grams and the other at 846 grams wet. I have high hopes of getting almost a pound or more dry. These buds are so dense and sticky. Enjoy some pics<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

Attached Files:

8. mmmmnnnnnnnnn

Attached Files:

9. What a grow.
    I have been wanting to grow hydro for some time now and your grow has inspired me to get going on a similar system. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a kick ass grow.

10. anyone have any ideas on what the possible dry weight will be?

11. They usually lose between 60 - 75% of weight while drying. Remember also that there are usually FAT stems on them too. Looks good though man. Very jealous. Its so Dry in the southwest right now!

13. Well drying is done and now curing. After final manicure and removing stems The total dried weight is 14.8 ounces. Not to shabby for 2 plants. just shy of a pound. I have cleaned the room and and germinating the seeds I brought back from Amsterdam. Some Blue Haze from Homegrown Fantaseeds.

14. Congrat's on the grow.
    7.4 ounces per plant is not too shabby at all.

15. High max! Congratz. Fine job and good luck with the next one. Peace, TBug

16. hi. i am a first time grower and i would like someone to answer me a silly queston.
    is it the leaves or the seeds that are most important.
    james

17. Most important for what? If you mean growing, then the seeds, obviously, because you can't grow a plant by shoving a leaf into the ground. If you mean smoking, you need to learn your vocabulary. Smoking seeds = dumb / Smoking leaves = Really Dumb / Smoking Buds = good.

:)

18. smokin leafs is grass in some parts ppl do it n it aint dumb. get a clue before u say things what u dont realy know

19. Well in actuality it depends what leaves. If you smoke the fan leaves, you're just retarded - many people say they get high from them, when it's really just oxygen deprivation ;). The leaves surrounding the buds make some killer hash that'll make you fall on your ass after 1-2 hits though.

20. Awesome grow! What was your watering cycle with the waterfarm? 24/7 of water? 15 mins every 3 hours? or 1 hour on 1 hour off.

I've heard many settings for WaterFarm systems and can never get a solid answer.

I have a WaterFarm drip system, what would be the best setting for it during the beginning and the rest of the cycle.

This is the most confusing part how long to set the drip on and off.