Cannabinol Vaporization Temperatures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jakesterjammin, Apr 8, 2013.

1. That would be a LOT further and according to my temp gun, about 40-50 difference between near the element and the elbow..
    The EQ I too pack the elbow, run 430F on its setting, and have no problem....
    It's not science here, , how I did this temp check is, I heated it up, then remove the elbow and measure the glass near the element, then heat it back up, remove the elbow and measure the meds, and that metal ring of the screen, like the end of it.... I've done it several times, and always about a 40-50 difference....

So when you pack the EQ's elbow (as it should be IMO), the temp you set is NOT what is being applied to the medication..;)
    The EQ is a completely different beast in my personal opinion anyway... :D

But there is NO WAY I can hit a 428F bag from a Volcano and if there is ANYONE which can, please post...
    Cause when I test the temp of a solid valve after heating, it's like maybe 2-3 difference from the heating element screen..

And let's keep it REAL here people and please we're here for information, NOT to impress ANYONE....
    "Well shit you're just a puss, I can hit a 450 volcano bag without choking"...:rolleyes: :cool: :D :smoking: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1

2. In post #1 you stated:

"Looks like everyone vappin is not getting THCV, cause no way I could hit a 220C / 428F bag or whip."

In post #7, you stated:

"The digital volcano goes to 500F, as does the Extreme Q."

• Like Like x 1

3. You misunderstood my point...........................
    I was saying "NO WAY ANYONE CAN HIT A BAG FROM A VOLCANO SET @ 428 to 430F WITHOUT CHOKING"................
    YES, I KNOW the Volcano and the EQ has a 500F setting for their max temp......

Then we talked about how the EQ's temp at the medication is NOT what you set it to, because the medication is a lot further away from the heating element, so there is a rather large drop by time the heat is applied to the medication....

Ya should be up to speed now.... :D

:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  4. edit: Aaah! okay. I understand now. Thanks. You answered while I was clarifying...

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's ALL GOOD.....
    SHIT I CONFUSE MYSELF SOMETIMES, so I can understand................. :D

:bongin:

• Like Like x 2
  6. But ya, in my personal opinion, the EQ set to 500, would maybe a 440-450F at the meds...
    So even though people set their EQ to say 430F, it's NOT 430F being applied to the medication....
    In my personal opinion comparing the EQ's bag to the Volcano's bag at the same temp, the EQ is about 50F behind (or off)...

So they are not really getting, say THCV....
    And then again, the Volcano's bag @ say 430F, suck on that MF'er hard, and I'll be in the bathroom puking... LMFAO
    I like a smooth and sweet pull, that simply takes you're head off, and not your chest... ;)

Know what I mean??? :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. i was hitting it at 235 last night
    sure i coughed a bit
    but still healthier then fully combusting
    plus if u vapor bong it should cool it off some more

and what u stated about temp is true..its says in the manual i believe aswell
    i also agree with the elbow pack being the only way to vape

• Like Like x 1
  8. You'll get used to it.....
    Try to up the temp to around 380F (I run my EQ @ 430F) and that should be a nice vapor and batter taste too....
    Because you're releasing apigenin and cannflavin which are the flavonoid & pohytosterol oils....

What I do is use the fan on high until it starts to puff vapor out, then I leave the fan on, but when I hit it, I pull past the fan....
    You'll get a nice even hit of vapor through the whip that way... ;)

In my opinion anyway.... :D

• Like Like x 1

9. 200c i believe is 392f
    sorry im in canada...hahahaha

i never use the fan
    but by"pulling past the fan" u mean inhaling harder then the fan is pushing???

• Like Like x 1

10. Oh did not know you meant C...

Yes, to draw past the fan...
    I use the fan to heat the meds first, then I just hit the whip, drawing harder than than the fan is blowing... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. damn at 235c my herb is pretty damn dark...darker than usual as i never passed 220...i usually sit it at around 170c-200c..unless its bedtime then i pump her to 220c
    im affraid imam combust if i go any higher..lol

i totally forgot about the differenvce in heat tho

so for me to get thcv i would need my heat at almost 250c/482f with an elbow pack
    minus that 40-50 degree diff and id be at around 430 or so

damn imma try it tonight....ill see if i can take a vid of the coughing in action

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spontaneous combustion starts at 230˚C, go ahead and take a video I'll be waiting :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  13. VERY Interesting Read!!

How THC and CBD Work Together

I often wondered why when I run below 185c / 365F the effects do not last as long then when I'm in the 187.7c / 370F range...
    And again I'm speaking about the Digital Volcano...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for sharing this. I actually really enjoyed reading it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just noticed that TakeAwhiff hasn't posted a video :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks kayothic,
    I'm glad just to pass accurate information on to our members here at GC...

:gc_rocks:

He most likely chocked himself to death @ 430˚F :laughing:
    I know that I was choking so hard I about almost was puking up dinner...:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. hahahahaha
    i totaly forgot about the video but i did hit the eq at 250c and died, coughed then came back to life, coughed and died again

but man oh man was i feelin nice in the afterlife

• Like Like x 1
  18. LMAO :D

Ya I did the same thing, and yep the high is WAY BEYOND just smoking a joint..
    I think it's because you loose some THC in the burning, but with the vap set to just under the flash point, you're getting it all....

I'll stick to 360˚F in Volcano and 420˚F in the EQ :D
    It's still a nice ride...:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  19. man the weather is starting to warm up here in canada
    cant wait to get home, turn the eq on and crack open a brew

• Like Like x 1
  20. Video?!?! :D

• Like Like x 1