Pax Vs. Solo

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by plainpat57, Mar 24, 2013.

1. I hope this is of help to someone. I just went through this. I bought a Pax thinking it was the best portable out there while also falling in love with it's looks. I mean it's like the Apple or iPad of the VApes..I had a few problems with it and cleaning it no matter what anyone tells you is an absolute nightmare. It gets hot and you have to use an awful lot of material for it to work properly. I was introduced to the arises solo buy a friend and I was simply amazed at the difference. I have no axe to grind here like some who have an interest in which of these products sell better. The fact is you can use a lot less material get much better vape and cleaning is simply a breeze because all you have to do is clean is the glass pipe as the rest of the unit stays completely clean.the pax gets very hot and I even burned my top lip with it. If you need something that is so extremely discreet that you must need in your pocket for daily use then the PAX is for you, but there is no comparing the 2 vaporizers. The solo is by far a better vaporizer in every aspect except the fact that it's not quite as discreet. I have been sent lubricant to fix the mouthpiece by Pax and the cleaning and upkeep with pipecleaners and alcohol swabs of this unit is absolutely unacceptable unless you truly need something that is so stealthy that that quality outshines every other for you.
    1 last note, using 1 10th of the material I am able to achieve much better results with no heat to the lips and a much more pleasant experience with the
    Solo. So what you will save on material alone quite substantial. What I am saying is not an opinion, anyone who is used both of these products has to agree with everything I have said because it's simply the truth. If they don't agree they simply haven't tried both or they have a reason for liking the Pax, comprende?

2. PAX Blows and Sucks all at the same time..........stealth is def NOT more important than quality..........unless your priorities are screwed

3. #23 lwien, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014

So much wrong with this post.

One, is that you are responding to a post that is almost a year old.
    Two is that you're saying that someone else's priorities are screwed just because they don't coincide with yours is lunacy simply because for some, stealth is the ONLY priority that matters and that priority is no less valid than yours.

Thanks for saying exactly what I was about to write, except you probably phrased it a lot nicer than I would have. 

The ignorance in this post is unbelievable. Something tells me you don't own either of the products. How can you tell somebody else their priorities are screwed? Especially in the medical section here, and with the current legislation and views on medical marijuana, stealth is probably up in the top 3 of priorities for the majority of patients.

5. I own a pax and love it. Owned it for about six months. Use it probly more than I should. Just make sure when you clean it, clean the piece on the mouth piece that goes into the unit. There are to little rings that are on it that makes it lock in position. If you don't keep it clean it can be a pain to get off.
    On another note I also own a pinnacle.... It broke with in a month and the company dodges my emails and won't fix it. What ever you buy please don't buy from a company that treats customers that way.
    Thanks from ALASKA

6. So Derek, you have all of 3 posts and in every one of them, you slammed the Pinnacle.    As a matter of fact, you copied the exact same post in two different threads.    Did you just join GC just to do that?

Sounds like you have a major beef with them, but to anyone that is reading this, please know that this is only one persons experience as there are countless others who love the Pinnacle and have had nothing but great service from the company.

7. #27 freezerboy, Jan 22, 2014
    I see nothin wrong with the post since the thread is based on SOLO VS PAX..Unless of course you own a pax and dont own a solo....BTW, What is the time limit for responding to a post??? A year ago I did not have both to make a comparison and since the thread is not locked i figure its still open for discussion, especially since both vapes are popular. I apologise if the reply is past ur time limit..........Sorry but i had a PAX and it was a pile that the company reneged on the so called 10 yr warranty even though it was purchased from a authorized dealer..........I currently own 2 solos and see no reason why they are not 100% superrior to the PAX in every way. Not to mention price..... Stealth is questionable, although taste/flavor seession times per charge and quality of build is definetly where the pax is beat bad. If the product is built well, you don't need to worry about an invalid warranty.

8. #28 freezerboy, Jan 22, 2014
    What an ignorant statment this is is right..Mainly because its an attack on the quality of the PAX or lack thereof...Right..Especially being this a "SOLO VS PAX" thread...
    I can email you pics of all 3 of em if u like........I can tell you that the solo is indeed stealthy if you have any imagination at all..if not google "stealth solo" and you will see pleanty of new ideas.

9. As for the earlier comment regarding priorities:
    If you feel that a slight smaller phisical size is a much better trade off over build quality, performance ability, and overall experience then my priorities to you are screwed by favoring the solo and I accept that just fine.....