Why do people smoke cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by INTP, Mar 23, 2013.

1. E cigs are the shit.

Cigs are shit.

2. I smoke them when I'm drunk or if someone offers me one for free because the actual smoking part is enjoyable and relaxing to me. but I never really desire them.

3. becase sometimes we get stressed and getting high is just out of the list. i smoke cigs too, but i only smoke 3 a day and no more. if i had to choose between the two id choose weed without thinking twice, but sometimes a 10-15 cigarette buzz is all i need and not a 2-4 hour high. ive been smoking cigs since i was 16 and only 3 a day so i still get the buzz off of them. but i will quit cigarettes completely when i get older i can go weeks without them so that says alot

4. I've been smokin for 42 years. Started because it was cool. Been tryin to quit for over 10 years, almost killed my family because of the drugs they give you to quit. Can't wait for my body to say that it.

5. How? What kind of shit did they give you to quit?

6. Ziban and welbutrin

7. #47 INTP, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    I'm not trying to tell anyone to change their life choices I made this thread simply to ask why y'all smoke. Teenagers defiantly start smoking because its considered cool there is no way anyone can deny that. I believe you should look into other ways of stress relief as smoking that crap is definitely not that best way of going about stress relief.

8. You got that shit right. A new stress release? Marijuana that's it.

9. I just smoke as a social thing. Weed and and cigs.

Only you can finish th

10. I find it funny because I remember in highschool when my friends started smoking cigs, they said they only did it because it increased their high or something, and that they would never get addicted and would only smoke after getting high, then i noticed they were smoking all the time, now they know they are addicted and hate it but no going back now they done fucked up.

11. From what I've heard, there's like a little voice in your head constantly telling you to smoke a cigarette, and you get angry when you can't have one. I don't know why people would even let it get to that level, but I guess when the stress is really bad in life then you need something to relieve yourself. I just wish people found an alternative that wasn't as destructive.

12. I think they're basically just stupid. Then they get addicted so that it "feels good" every time they get their fix. When people find themselves getting addicted and realize how much money they're spending then they try to stop.

It can be because of a friend, girlfriend, or co-workers influence. Just go kill time by having a cigarette break.

It smells and tastes horrible. It kills your throat and lungs. I can't see why anyone would do it. Most people make the mistake when they're young or when they're going to parties and want to go out for a smoke, they feel it helps when they're drinking. See how alcohol is a gateway drug?

I've smoked cigarettes before but never paid. I always thought it was silly and people just did it to feel like a hardass or cool. I always saw how terrible it was from my father who smoked all the time. He told me that he was addicted and couldn't stop. He said they didn't know everything they do now about cigarettes. It was just commercials of cigarettes and no one knew they'd be getting addicted. Funny how "Reefer Madness" can brainwash the nation but they weren't told anything about the evils of Marlboro.

Thank you for smoking.

I never felt good from a cigarette. I hate to even be around a cigarette. I always knew that wasn't something I'd spend my money on.

If anything sometimes would smoke a Clove or a Black & Mild. Cigarettes were just terrible. A lot of kids get hooked because of people they're hanging out with.

When I was about 13 we saw a friend who said he wanted a pack of cigs but got turned down at the store. He needed one of us to go. My one friend ended up buying the pack and had a couple. After that point he was a regular customer.

13. This is what happened to me. I had to quite smoking pot because of a dt for a different job. Tried one got a small buzz from it. Enjoyed it while it lasted. Then kept coming back for it. Then the buzzes rapidly got smaller. Then i got the job went back to smoking. But couldnt stop smoking cigs. I craved them even when I didn't want them. Got horrible headaches. Was cranky when I quite to the point where it would bring down my high if I didn't smoke. So two years later I'm a pack a day smoker and slowly weening down from real cigs to ecigs. Hoping to quite eventually. I started dipping (living in south texas dipping is something no one looks down on you for) and went over to dipping 80 percent of the time. But being a mechanic and dipping just isn't very convenient. So back to smoking it was

14. Because they're stupid fucks and pay to kill themselves slowly.

15. You're ignorant.

Only you can finish th

16. I started when I was young, smoked for 6 months, and quit. Now I'll have an occasional cig here and there, usually when I'm drinking.

17. Do you even know what ignorant means?

Please be clearer on what your intentions are the next time you slam on your keyboard appearing as dense as you actually are.

18. #58 Mr. Squishy, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
    Why do people smoke that shit I don't know.. I think they smoke it when they start to feel nervous or something.I remember junior year in high school some kid that used to hang out and smoke weed with my band offered me a cig.. I pulled on it like it was weed. Basically filled up mouth with smoke and tried to inhale it all down and hold it. I was coughing so much. I nearly fucking died. Why is the smoke so fucking harsh? It's almost like rolling a blunt/joint with fronto leaf in it except way fucking worse.

People smoke that shit all the time. I can't get away from it. And everytime I'm smoking a blunt with some friends they wanna start lighting a cig and Im basically left out as I watch them puff away on that dirty little death stick. And the thing that pisses me off is the fact that no matter where I stand I have to smell and inhale this second hand smoke. I heard that second hand smoke is worse than what their inhaling because its unfiltered. Why must I have to breathe that shit if I'm not in as much of a rush to die as you are?

I swear everybody in the world smokes that shit. I can't escape the second hand smoke. I especially hate having to hotbox a car with someone else smoking cigs. Not only am I dying at a faster rate but my clothes reek and it gives me a headache
    When people ask me to smoke in my car I say hell to the fuck no. I just cleaned this shit.

I'm ok with weed though.

19. so i can get chest pains when i lay down

20. I think that when you're growing up your always wondering what's up with them, and when you finally try one you either like it or you don't. If you like it then you keep smoking and the nicotine gets you and you keep going.

That's how I see it, a lot of people just keep smoking because their either addicted or they like the little buzz it gives them.