Why do people smoke cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by INTP, Mar 23, 2013.

1. #1 INTP, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
    Honestly I've never been able to see the point in it. I've tried them and all it does is give me a little head spin. In my understanding people smoke at a young age because it is the 'in' thing to do and then get hooked. You're smoking cigarettes only for the reason of being addicted to cigarettes. If you never smoked them do you think you would ever crave them and need to spend as much money on them as you do?

They're a legal substance that harvests off what nearly a million people a year to death while the government and the fat hats make bank? Open your eyes people this is a legalised population stabiliser. "Takes tin foil hat off"

TL;DR Cigarettes are bad and ARE killing you more and more every one you have, I'm not here to change your life decisions but I urge you to think about what you're doing to yourself. Quitting them isn't hard it's all in your head. Smoking them causes you to become overly stressed because they make you stress when you crave them. Don't put that shit into your body.

2. I would assume people smoke one because of peer pressure (A friend offers one, you steal them from your parents, something like that) It feels good so you do it again, and then you do it again, and then again, and at this point you still get a "buzz". Then eventually there's no more buzz because its been replaced by cravings instead. After the buzz goes away and the cravings come instead I believe that's when you're addicted. Then I guess you don't stop because you're addicted lol.

3. I understand that but I honestly don't know how you can even let that happen to yourself? I ask all of my friends why they even smoke and they tell me because it feels good.. No, smoking marijuana feels good, smoking cigarettes makes me feel like a literally just died inside. I urge people to look into how it's actually grown and fertilised.

4. they smoke because there stupid imo. i may sound a bit naive on the subject cause i've never experienced addiction but there just stupid. i don't understand how people can continue smoking for years when they know it's killing them and their wallet and still say " i'm trying to quit".

5. #5 grass man420, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    yea i don't even really consider cigaretes a drug. i classify it more of a poison than a drug. your lungs won't even cleanse themselves for six hours after your last smoke because all the toxic chemicals paralyzes your cilia. i suppose that some people just for whatever reason lack the want to better themselves.

how anyone could read this article and then go out for a smoke is beyond me ENJOY YOUR FUCKING POISON!

How does Smoking Affect the Cilia? (with pictures)

but everybody's got their crutch and who am i to judge.

6. Good read. It's funny how all other drugs are illegal because we don't want our children becoming addicted and harming their own health yet most people can't go a couple hours without having a cigarette.

7. I don't smoke cigs, but I love to drag ecigs. Nicotine is like snorting coffee. Or something. Quick upper, burst of energy. Tobacco makes me feel terrible, though.

8. that's cool that you understand it...some people might ask why you eat foods with sodium or high fructose corn syrup or even dairy and wheat in them, as there is evidence that any of these lead to various diseases. at the end of the day, the lucky strike ceo's "grandaddy smoked lucky strike til he was 95, and he got hit by a train." There are alot worse things out there you could be doing.

you're right, you do sound naive.

9. I got into it because my friends were. Kinds liked the smell and shit, But only had a pack a week. Quit when I was 18 and never felt the need for one after that. Now I don't like the smell, but I cant smell anymore.

10. i smoke everyonce in a while just to smoke when im bored. i can make a pack last a year. i get no satification from them its just to pass the time.

11. #11 SoothingSynesthesia, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    I wondered the same thing and tried not even a half of one and the buzz is okay. I smoke them time from time but never a whole one that's nasty as hell......I just like the mild buzz every so often
    :3 And it's when I am dry....but I like chilling at night looking up, smoking. Obviously this is better while high but hey...I made my own choice xD

12. [quote name='"INTP"']

I understand that but I honestly don't know how you can even let that happen to yourself? I ask all of my friends why they even smoke and they tell me because it feels good.. No, smoking marijuana feels good, smoking cigarettes makes me feel like a literally just died inside. I urge people to look into how it's actually grown and fertilised.[/quote]

Other people may enjoy it even if you don't..

13. it feels really fucking nice. and regardless of what you're going to try to push on smokers to quit, it ain't gonna work. sorry not sorry.

14. Can't explain the enjoyment an relief from dragging on a cigarette but its there I like smoking that's all to it

15. isn't smoking cigs and cannabis the same, smoke is smoke?

16. its pretty simple really

because i enjoy it

anymore brain busting questions?

17. And there not bad after unprotected sex with multiple partners.

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5SZFOhh9fs]Bill Hicks - Smoking - YouTube[/ame]

19. i'm curious though, would smoking real fresh tobacco leaves be a lot less significantly harmful too? like how much tobacco would 1 plant produce