Solventless Dabs

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by acid42, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Interesting. I only prefer shatter because of the taste. I think budder is easier to work with but most wax taste like shit compared to the shatter I have been getting(Terpx makes some tasty shatter). With the exception of the Paris OG buddder(str8 FIRE) I haven't found a wax that even comes close in taste.

2. I'm a fan of honeycomb crumbles because of the taste. Never tried terpx's shatters but I heard good things. I don't like anything gooey or wet. I love some of the nectar shatter from my club. See through even with thick slabs.

But for taste, I prefer ice wax. Nothing beats solventless.

3. #23 MJinmybrain, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    Hey guys, just picked up some solventless , sugar/sap consistancy wax . It supposedly tested at 90 or 92% the strain is Choco. Lemonade , It's wild and the way it hits is clean and smooth. Ill get pictures up once I'm back at home

4. I can pretty much guarantee thats not solventless and its not testing that high lmao

5. I'm not the most educated on the subject but try to see me out.
    I smoke wax quite often and recently I purchased some wax that was supposedly shatter. The wax is very sappy and sticky. When frozen, it does become shatter but once taken out it returns to the sap. The taste and smell is almost bland and tastes almost like rubber. The wax itself is very clear in color. The thing I'm concerned about it is the off taste and how it's oddly smoother than wax in the past. If you have any idea of what this might be and if it is safe to smoke please feel free to inform me. The reason I didn't post a picture of it is because I explained the wax in words.

6. If you need to freeze it to shatter then its not shatter, that is sap, or some tane soup. The rubber taste could be that it was made with co2. I find most co2 extracts to taste like rubber or some nasty shit. Seeing that it is smooth to hit it should be ok. A smooth dab is usually a clean one. Harsh dabs let you know there is something bad in there.

7. Nobody here try rosin tech yet? I laughed my ass off when i saw the most chronic fucker I know with a hair straightener and parchment paper but it works.

8. I have tried Rosin and meh. I find Quality shatter to taste better. Rosin prices are str8 rape. You get roughly the same return as BHO but it cost just about double. I was at a compassion event where vendors sell stuff at wholesale or close to and a vendor had drysift Rosin for $110 a G and thats the discounted price. I have made my own from fire nug and the taste wasn't there like it is with shatter. IMO.

9. You ever think you just didn't make it properly and thats shy the rosin wasn't as good as you were hoping? I used to be in the same boat as you till i refined my technique on making rosin. Now i like my rosin better than the best oil in colorado.

And remember certain extremly high end dry sift and fullmelt producers sell their shit for 80-140 a gram. So if they made rosin out of that then ylu can see the price. Yes its ridiculous but people pay it because people like bamf extracts, dablogic, matt rize, oregrown, etc etc are the best fullmelt and dry sift makers in the world.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rosin tek works extremely good being that i grow and my roomy deals we press all the time. I've found that running a 2 inch wide straightener with .5 of product per press on separate cut sheets of parchment paper works best I press with my foot all of my weight for 4-5 seconds but time differs with denser or looser buds. With what I've tried I've found that pressing hash and keif give a great yield with an amazing taste and yes that is hash rolled in keif in a filter bag . But bud cured for a month gives the best taste but your yeild will be slightly less. Let me know if u give it a try sorry for the spill and to blow these myths away I'd rather smoke rosin then bho any day and if i didn't make it I would pay for the rosin over bho hands down.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I have tried many different types of Rosin. Ive only made it once. I have seen some pics of Rosin that looks like bomb sappy bho but every time i see Rosin in real life its all dark or green, unless its freshly pressed. And the price is just crazy. Its just imo from what I have tried I haven't been impressed with Rosin, and its very possible its just because I haven't had good rosin.

Do you have a press or do you do the old hair straightener method?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have a 1k arbor press, still using a hair straightener with ceramic plates as the heating source until i can spend $300 on some good one, and i use a thermal gun to read temps. If you're ever in colorado i can show you some good rosin.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #33 DabsOnTheMountain, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Get some 2x2 square steel beams with some flat sides, rip apart the straightener and put er nude plates right into the beams. throw some plywood between as an insulator with epoxy that can handle some heat, mount the electronics to the plywood, get a new ir gun and go to town with as much pressure as you can put out. The beams can take it now. I blew through a couple straighteners on a badass old vice before adding the beams as plates. Then for travel the straightener plates mounted straight to a c clamp is great for travel and teaching people the ways of rosin..

The local walmart sees me in the flat iron aisle almost weekly now...

And i must add again, tj maxx has a great selection of high end straighteners for cheap. I found one that goes down to 140, up to 450 for 24 bucks. My ir gun says 170-430, but thats more than enough range for me. It says it should have been 200 on the box, but i doubt thats legit. I could probably find it on amazon for cheaper than 24 even, but yeah, lots of nice straighteners for cheap. I havnt seen a range like that anywhere at all.

edit again.. aweh yeah, cheapest i found was 95, get to tj maxx guys! for the rosin!