Blood Meal, Bone Meal, and plant food?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by hks240sx, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Just got back from the local gardening store in town which didn't really have much but I picked up some hi yield bone and blood mean as well as this shit called Espoma Garden Tone Herb and Vegetable Food for organic gardening

I have some auto's going right now indoors but will later be transferring them outside. What do you guys think about mixing that with my Fox Farm Ocean Forest some more perlite, peat moss, and later in the future worm castings and some topsoil.

2. bump anyone??

3. Id help ya, but im a noob myself and strugglin to get my own Qs answered! I remember reading someqhere along thw line that espoma shit is good shit...but i dont see any harm in mixing those! Once again, im a total rook, so im just giving my half cent worth! :)

iggi

4. yeah what i dont want to do is give it something it doesnt need or puts me in a position where i have to make evasive actions haha thanks for your input man anyone else?

5. You would need to cook the soil for at least 3 weeks before you could use it effectively. AUTOs arent alive long enough for the meals to break down and be utilized. Just use the FFOF for the first 2-3weeks then use a quarter cup of the epsoma fertilizer and mix into the topsoil and water well. the Auto will finish in three months total so by the flowering and end is when the soil should be kicking in and feeding the roots.

my suggestion and you should take it, with organic growing and auto-flower strains, you either need to have the soil pre-made and ready or add alot of micro organisms when you are building your soil with the epsoma food. Use extreme gardening mykos granules or something similar with a mix of all mykos and subtilis microorganisms in it. great white, orca, extreme gardening mykos, earth garden, etc brands.

What happens is that you supercharge the soil with the little germs that will eat the epsoma faster and poop it out for the roots to suck right up as fast as possible = fast as possible growth. Also start using unsulfured molasses with your waterings to boost the organisms so they can mass produce on the roots. more is better!

6. 2 thumbs up for the espoma but yea it needs to cycle for 3-4 weeks to become available and not burn ur plants

7. Hey i wanna appreciate you guys alot ill have to get that started in the dirt come tomm or monday so by that time everything will be ready, like i said thanks for your guys input