Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

RAINBOW WEED: Real or Fake?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by jeffy2134, Mar 12, 2013.

1. I saw this picture on the internet somewhere and it said this guy grew some crazy strain that made a rainbow looking nug. Is it real or fake? Im assuming fake but it would be pretty baller if it was real haha

Attached Files:

2. Fake you can see its blurry in certain areas on the bud but if shots with a true camera focused the bud would be focused entirely.

3. that would be insane if it was real..

4. its completely possible, i picked up a half oz of some rainbow kush yesterday that looked similar to that color(s) and used to grow it back in college days outside, the way to grow rainbow is go water ur plant everytime it rains and the rainbow will soak into the ground better around the plant

5. [quote name='"MedicatedApe"']Fake you can see its blurry in certain areas on the bud but if shots with a true camera focused the bud would be focused entirely.[/quote]

Not really... Depending on the camera , lighting, and how it was focused this blur could occur ... I'm not saying its real though as I know these things can be shopped.. But it does look convincing if you ask me... And I work on photoshop all the time... This would be a very well done hoax ... It would be hard to work with such a low resolution pic ..

6. Looks legitimate. I've seen some crazy coloured herb before. I've got a picture on my computer somewhere of ORANGE weed. I mean REALLY orange. Like holy fuck I thought I was tripping. I've seen really white/purple weed too.

I imagine that nug is legit, however I have seen similar pictures that are obviously photoshopped.

7. Obviously fake, you can tell color was added digitally. If it was real then why not show it all, or the plant.

8. Looks like the red hairs are fake when I look closer.

9. This looked shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

10. Here's another picture...

[​IMG]

11. I mean I had some similar looking weed... pics are on the third page of my thread.

The purple color comes out in bud when temperatures get too low. Indicas tend to be able to withstand colder temperatures, so most of the purps you see will be indica. Obviously some strains get more purple than others, but it's all just normal bud.

12. So fake, he even turned the hue of his finger tip purple.

13. That's the danks for sure

14. #14 TeHNeutral, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
    Actually could be true IN THEORY
    it will not be a genetic trait, you could do it by putting food dye/colouring in your water but I wouldn't do that shit

e: just to be clear the picture is clearly fake

15. this is fucking insane man ! :O

16. Lol at the children that thinks this is real.:rolleyes:

17. In the first picture to the left on the bud I see two leaves that look to be certainly photoshopped blue, you can see the back of the left leaf appears blue and the inside if it green, I've never heard of any strain with leaves that have two different colors on each side so I'm gonna say the first pics for sure fake. BUT DAMN that second picture looks way dank and real

18. ^That's what I'm saying. A google search for rainbow kush brings up some VERY interesting pictures. A lot of them are obviously photoshopped, here are some of the not so obvious...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. So its definitely not real? :(

20. It's real. Rainbow kush is a legit strain. I just believe a lot of the pictures you see are heavily shopped to enhance the colours.