CHEAP "DIY" CO2 Enrichment Generators

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ganja Guerrilla, Oct 14, 2006.

1. i use the brewing CO2 enrichment method works great for small grow rooms i also like using the no mercy tablets but their a lil expensive

2. #42 Ccoastal, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I use a series of yeast fermenters, co2 is the last piece of the equation, just add Luke warm water and even parts yeast to sugar and give it a shake every now and then, prob with tubes coming off the top is that when it bubbles the starches in the water make the bubbles stay and get hard, making yeast stick to the top of water bottle, or tubes in that case, but if u do don't run the tubes up the plant, have them supported above the plants because co2 sinks so stating it above the plants let's it reach the whole plant

3. okay thanks coastal i will just hang the end of the tubes right over the plant

4. #44 Ccoastal, May 2, 2011
    No prob, one of the best bottles I've found is a propel water bottle with the mouth piece tops cuz u can yank the mouthpiece off and the lid has a perfect nipple on it to attach a tube to

5. i was gonna do a 2 liter for every plant but ill look into that thanks

6. Oh yeah I didn't think about ur space bein bigger than mine 2 liter might just be the way to go, now that I'm thinkin about it I'm wondering if u couldn't use those watering spikes u put on bottles to make them 'aqua globes' to make easy connectors for a tube

7. Im just gonna stick the tubes in a hole in the cap and hot glue it

8. That works lol

9. Ok im doing a low cost system i bought a 20 pound CO2 tank on craigs list now where can i find a regulator and when i do,what would i set it on ??? can i use the regulator on a set of oxy/acc torches??? or how about a o2 regulator at the doctors office ??? Thanks for any help

10. ???? anything ???? is it a stupid idea ?? Just trying to save a buck

11. make a new thread or search it

12. #52 Ccoastal, May 5, 2011
    Someone at napa will know what u need just tell them u need a co2 regulator for co2 driven tools if they ask for specifics just say u have a couple diff ones that need to run on co2 and u will come back for the proper fittings for hoses

13. Question about the first post. Why do you bother putting vinegar in the mixture? Dissolved CO2 will effectively lower the PH of the mixture by a good bit. Dissolved CO2 in my aquarium will lower the PH from 8.0 to 6.8 with the water having 8dKH which is only about 24-30ppm of CO2.

When I do diy CO2 i double up on the bicarb and use corn syrup instead of sugar. I feel corn syrup dissolves easier and is less expensive vs sugar. To each his own.

14. Love the info. would this work?

sparkling water in the mix instead of regular water?

15. Im looking into a fog machine too

16. #56 PhilthyPhil, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    ive used the home brew sugar yeast buckets and they literally did NOTHING, they did create a nice alcohol smelling stench though. I just run canister co2 now, replacing my 20 pound tank every 7 days or so. its only 10 bucks for a 20 pound tank here, so 40 bucks a month for huge yield increase is worth it to me..

17. I've been happy using Lithovit, gives 500ppm intercelluar CO2 for cheap. Its not at the max 1000ppm, but I don't want to retrofit...

18. I am very interested in the co2 fermintation process, but I cannot view the pictures for each section showing how this works. Can you explain to me or tell me how to view the pictures. I click on the text where the picture is supposed to be, but i get no results. Nothing at all happens when i click on the text. I would appreciate the help. Peace

19. -Waldo
    NewLifeCannabis

"The best teacher is experience and not through someone's distorted point of view." - Jack Kerouac

Everything seen here is taken from sources online and in No WAY is this real at all. These posts are purely for entertainment value only and hold NO truth.