Work for a greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Dankrupt, Mar 5, 2013.

1. So, after months of contemplation. I finally decided I would like to join the marijuana industry. For those of you who appeared in my last thread and contributed, special thanks. For you who didn't, I currently live in florida. (Harshly illegal for pot) and want to join the green rush, not initially for monetary reasons, but for experience. I would work for little to no pay if I had food to eat and a place to stay and a grower to shadow.... I would trim till my fingers fell off, test soil and hydro parameters till testing agents burn my noses senses. I could go on, but my point is, I cannot find work easily out of state. If I had some work to start me off, it would be nice, but not needed. I plan on moving with an adequate amount of dough (the legal kind $$$), so I could possibly live a few months without work. I'm extremely interested in the cultivation of marijuana, and wish I could persue my Internet passions into a reality. I have a good background in gardening, horticulture, aquaponics, creative arts, marketing and advertising, and many other "biological complex" hobbies like saltwater tanks, microorganism cultivation, breeding... You get the point. I'm a pretty solid, well rounded person, and very smart, (NOT trying to loath, finally accepted the fact i have an intelligent gift) not like the rest. Most people initially find that out with our first conversation.. But anyway. If anyone ever needs help around their business/organization/project/experiment/ANYTHING, contact me. I'm open for whatever. Seriously. I'm looking to take a break from college as I feel the $ is being wasted for no purpose. I think I should be paying for EDUCATION and INTELLIGENCE, not parties and bullshit. I have no friends at my university, I go to school, and drive home, (might I add its over 25 miles away from my house, 55+ miles round trip a day, about 270 miles a week.) sometimes not even exchanging a word with anyone. My professors don't have a clue to who I am, and the Advisors just rush me out of the office and don't care about my personal and health issues., they just want the $. They promote all of these parties and gatherings and promote drinking and clubs bars all around campus. NEVER have I once received a rush card for tutoring or extra help in the classroom. Just 20% off drinks, and I'm not even 21. Anyway, I'm sorry for the tangents I ran off to. HARD WORKING, CANNABIS EDUCATED WORKER FOR HIRE. :)
    Thank you so much for your time. If you wish to contact me directly at this moment, shoot me an email at dillonfo1@aol.com. I'll keep up on this thread, as it is also for you with similar interests as me! And again, thank you in advance.
    --Dankrupt

Attached Files:

2. Some input please?? From anyone. Negative positive. C'mon.

3. I'll pass

4. Not a cop?

5. To work in a greenhouse like the one you pictured you need more than a casual interest in growing. Growers running these types of operations are professional growers and are usually degree holding horticulturists with several years experience in the field. No owners of operations this large would trust growing to an inexperienced new grower.

PW

6. Why would I be a cop....? Lol...

7. Thanks. I appreciate it. But I am majoring in horticulture. That was my point in making this thread.... I want to be up there. I know if I don't find a job in the industry I'm just going to continue college with horticulture.

8. I just have a supreme interest for the benefits of cannabis.

9. And that's why I said shadow. Not let me run the op.

10. You'd probably be best finding some type of "intern" program or get a referral from one of your professors since your majoring in horticulture. Gotta climb the scale, and I highly doubt anybody running that large of a grow op is going to let some random person off the internet "shadow" what they're doing.

Get a legit introduction to a "legit" (read:legal) GH or op and start there

11. You would have a better chance doing it your self. Germ your self some good camp gear and hike out in to he mountains in nor cal. If you have a successful harvest of say 100 plants (which is very small in cali terms) successfully then you could easly use that product as a starting point for your own operation.

12. Finish school, then move to a state that's more friendly. Or, move to a state that's more friendly, and finish school there. You can start growing in a closet while you finish school. This will allow you to experiment and learn how to grow. Change your major and study biology, or horticulture, or genetics. Any of these can apply to weed. Better yet, become a lawyer or politician, and fight for the cause!!!

Finish school, you'll be better off for it.

We're all tinkerers and want instant gratification. That's why we'd rather smoke weed and grow it than go to work!! But the reality of it is, it takes money and a place to grow. If you finish school and get a job, you'll be positioned best to grow properly and for a long time to come!

13. To be honest I have noticed a trend in the cannabis industry.. those who are in it arent that open to newcomers, and while that is a valid fear... all I have to say is the cream is in the crop... the heart that is put into the product is the deciding factor on whether it is good or not, plain and simple.

You arent going to find a random hand out online for a job, I dont think. But I do think you can break into the industry, and I do wish you luck. I think everyone should have a chance of putting thier own version of a cannabis extract or flower out and the consumers will decide who is the best... if we all stink, then so be it ;)

14. Thank you to everyone with your input. I'm going into horticulture... Mom talked me into it. Lol. And the closet thing. Yeah. Spider mites no bueno. :(

15. Don't hate on the spid3r mites! :)

Good luck in what ever you do. I don't think this would of worked out well anyway. It's best to start out on your own. All of the info is here or you can ask for what you don't find. There's a lot of helpful people here.

16. Hahaha. Very funny spider. Yeah. I'm actually very excited for botany/horticulture beyond marijuana.

17. You should go into something like sustainable agriculture, horticulture your just going to learn how to cultivate some shit. Im in sus agriculture and when you study agroecosystems as a whole you have a lot more to worry about but its a much better understanding of how to do things "right" in the sense of crop cultivation. Granted im a big advocate for natural, organic, local foods/crops and idk if you are but I thought I'd share my thoughts. If you really want to get into a greenhouse workin under someones belt I'd come up here to Mass, they just medicalized it here which Im very excited for since my injury last year has made it possibe for me to get a card, dispenseries aren't opening til the start of 2014 but they need growers to have shit ready for then. You a freshman?

18. I'm actually considered a sophomore but I'm just 19. I'm really interested in the sustainable aspect. Like aquaponics and such. I'm transferring out of this university to a state college to get my AA in horticulture. Then sustainable! Thanks for your input. This was very helpful. I really want to help people and I'm interested in the biological and physiological aspects beyond getting "high". Thanks.

-dankrupt

19. No one is going to hire you off the internet for a job, unless it's from Snagajob or Forhire etc.... and as far as I know they don't include marijuana growing. And gotta say.. split your wall of text into paragraphs. No one wants to TRY and read a paragraph of 5000 words put together.