Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i live in massachusetts and need help going about getting a card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SmokeyBonez420, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Thats annoying, beat em up for ur records. Personally I got mine straight.from my doc and.gave.them to them myself when doc asked what for I just.said ssi and personal reasons. Boy was she is.shock whe I came back from dr with a new script. Lol, my other doctor on the.other hand is the.one who suggested I go and sent her.records over asap. Good thi.g I got the pcp records myself.i think she woulda stalled.to long.getting.them to me.

2. Is it even legal to with-hold a patients medical records?

Probably shouldn't have told them it was for medicinal marijuana

Shiiitt

3. Not legal .. But if they play the we didnt get paperwork. or yes we sent.it and never do...

4. Dude honestly your back pain is probably from lack of muscle and construction lifting. There is not much to support your spine. 6'6 160lbs is really skinny. Eat or a lot of liquid calories if you aren't able to chew foods and I'm sure your back problems will go away as you bulk up. As for your medical records the doc cannot refuse to give them out to you under any circumstances.

5. I've researched CannaMed a bit because it's right near the shopping area in Framingham that I go to every few weeks. Not that far of a drive on the highway at all.

The Delta 9 place looks really good too, just way too far away. The forms looked interesting and their websites.

How relaxed have they been? Let's say I have anxiety disorder, depression, ADHD and insomnia. Weed realllllllly fucking helps me out. Full records and everything, would I get recommended?

6. Well I was nervouse. And.i got.more nervouse when I heard.the.doc.to twll the woman ahead of me.to" get.her story straight" I fellt intimitade I went well prepared, wich helped records.help u and are.a.MUST. .. Then the inquisition atarted the doc did very little talking actually. Asked pointed questions.to wich I gave thourough answers to regarding.how.i thought.it.helped how.long.ive.used.it. Whay my doc.thinks. About.it. Ect. I had to sell him as to why I thought.i needed it and.what it.did for me basically. I think it all came.down to facts. Fact. Here.are.my.records. Fact.i self.medicated for .two years and what.it.did.to help ect. I would reccomend.not.using.the.words.i think it may help. Instead say things ( if.true.of.course) like it has.helped. It continues.to help... Ect. * srry for typos my phone sucks the big hairy meatballs*

7. Side note theu listed more than one.reason on myne the.more.reasons the.better. For.me.its listed as. Anxiety. ptsd. And chronic backpain ( wich unbenonst.to anyone at time of appt tur.ed to be.arthritis. My xrays were a.few.days.after.canamed

8. Any luck guys? I don't have a doctor right now, I just moved to MA. What specifically do I need?

9. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is in the process of developing regulations that will allow patients with certain medical conditions to obtain and use medical marijuana. They've given themselves until May 1, 2013 to do this but they've already delayed once (it was supposed to be January, initially) so hopefully they won't do it again. Until the regulations are in place and released, the DPH won't issue any registration cards.

10. I just had an intake exam today for my new psychiatrist. He is an older guy set in his ways and I don't think he has read an article on Marijuana since he was young. When I told him I self medicate for anxiety, depression, PTSD, nausea and vomiting and how much it helps me, he proceeded to tell me how Marijuana is as addictive as Heroine and kills brain cells. It was tough not to laugh. My PCP is sort of on board for Medical Marijuana but wanted the Psychiatrist to be on board too. So I might check out this Delta9 place since I live in the area. Can't afford to at the moment though. Anybody know more about this place?

11. Went there yesterday

Kind of a strange place in the middle of Malden, only two people were there. The doctor and his assistant.

Your better off going somewhere else if you don't have a legit medical condition because it seemed like he wasn't the type of guy who just gives them out to anyone like I've heard about some of the other offices

I was there for about 45 minutes, the doctor was a real chill guy and gave me a caregiver to contact

He showed me a video about an undercover news reporter who basically "busted" a bunch of other offices by bringing in an X-ray of her elbow. She complained of arthritis in her elbow and successfully got a medical card from a number of offices. But the thing is it wasn't even her elbow, it was an X-ray of a dogs leg.

He said there's a possibility of all medical cards that were distributed from those offices to be "denied".

He seemed to really know his stuff

12. What condition do you have? How does one who have no health insurance go around to getting one of these cards. I mean I'm sure I have specific conditions that would benefit me from smoking weed but since I have no doctor and I just moved to MA I'm probably shit out of luck.

13. Diagnosed with ADHD when I was just a youngin

This led to sleep problems and I was prescribed clonodine, the worst sleep aid ever.

I got off the medication a few years ago and have been self medicating ever since

Nothing about medical marijuana is covered by health insurance

14. I'm saying I can't go to a doctor tell them hey I have ADD and Insomnia without having to shell out lots of $$ and telling him I'm asking for weed.

Edit: Everytime I smoke I sleep like a baby. I'm nearly addicted to sleeping pills, it's bad.

15. I don't really get what you mean

Do you mean like you can't go to a primary care doctor to get a diagnosis?

Or do you mean the doctor that would give you the recommendation?

The recommendation is $200

16. I have my card from cannmed in framingham over a month ago. I have helped caregivers and patients get there paperwork i know all the locations for the clinics giving recommendations right now. From Northhampton to Boston, North Shore to South Shore i am willing to help. I can send you the laws or drafts on any questions you have. I can help you find a legal caregiver in mass right now. i am the PowerOfGreen..A new mm Patient advocate ....This may sound like a sales pitch but i am not looking for money only to help those seeking info peace

17. From what i am reading here i can help alot of you ... i just helped someone with add get a recommendation also ptsd/anxiety . i can tell you how to get your medical records too..i am helping someone struggling to get of pain meds by using MM... i know people need more then a card and meds . i am here for anyone who wants help. im just a patient willing to lend a hand

18. I mean I'm new to the State I have no medical records of any of my conditions. Imagine me having 0 records, how do I go about getting a recommendation?

19. #39 cdphalanx, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
    You would pick a PCP and give them a visit. Explain your ADD/Anxiety/Insomnia and they'll likely prescribe you some bullshit big-pharma drug.

You can ask if he will write a rec. for medicinal marijuana, but chances are, they wont.

But now you now have medical record of the condition and a prescription. You can then go to something like CannaMed or Casco Bay Medical and get your MMJ rec.

Its an extra step of going to a real doctor, but they prescribe ADD/Anxiety/Insomia pills like theyre fuckin candy anyways. Shouldnt be too hard... and you have legit paperwork.

20. Yeah, I need to pick up a doctor either way might as well take care of that.