Getting My First Car.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by AddyT420, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Im sorry but two years isnt shit lol.

2. Insurance isn't cheap on a sports car especially when your younger

3. Well iv never been in a accident thxs to ground clearence lets see your sports car avoid a head on by jumping a curb so the car sliding on ice doesent hit you. Pretty sure rwd sports cars that "handle" would have been fucked in that situation.

4. What does that have to do with anything I said? I think thats pretty obvious anyway.

5. The best first car is a manual. Everyones first care should be.

You become more in tune with your engine. Forced to pay attention while driving.

6. Hmm , I would check put Craigslist and see if you can get a 240sx for 2500 . There sweet little rides ! Sorry I couldn't be of more help , my first car was a 1965 GTO it was given to me

7. i learned to drive in a crew cab, small lift, extended bed (about 22 feet of truck lol), 450HP big block chevy K3500 truck.

driving a small car now i feel like i can do anything.

i feel the same way, i never can understand what people are doing. Its the people that cant drive that make we want to go 115mph and blow past everyone weaving in and out of traffic.

shits a shame, people cant even merge the highway by me. everyone just stops to a complete 0mph and then the left lane gets clogged and then the entire 4 lines becomes a brick. lol

/end rant. (i can rant all day about bad drivers, Long island new york sucks major cocks.)

8. Your not getting this car for a year so while your waiting learn how to do some basic maintenance on friends rides. Aslo if your folks are buying the car try to save up some $$ to put on top what they are offering to pay.

Civic hatchback ////////thread

9. Sports cars are fun, but you can avoid shit in anything. I was doing 130 (km/h) on a highway recently and a dog came running out of someone's driveway. Just gotta slam the brakes, release and steer around whatever's in front of you. First time I've locked up the tires in my Jeep, and I'm glad they locked up - if my ABS worked, that dog would be dead.

10. If your ABS worked like it should, you would have stopped even faster...

Uhhh gee. You don't understand why I think it's a good idea for him to have a sports cars as a first car?

Hmmm...

I thought I had already explained that.

I've only owned sports cars and I wouldn't want to be taught to drive in anything else. But since you don't want to continue this conversation, we can just agree to disagree.

11. :rolleyes:

or op could just drive around the car sliding towards them... also if he drifts driving on ice will be no problem in a RWD car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBiUeFTBH38]Ice drift. Russia. Nissan 240SX & Nissan Silvia S14 - YouTube[/ame]

12. So your solution to a sliding car in oncoming traffic is another one? Makes sence........because someone who just got a car is going to be able to drift around other cars......thats probably one of the GREATEST ideas iv ever heard.

13. well not right away but only an idiot would first start driving in icy weather... also we dont even know where op lives. he could live in florida where it never snows.

14. #54 9D3, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    Good joke ;) Maybe in a newer car, but not with these Jeeps. The ABS is awful. I'd rather have the brake feel too, instead of my pedal getting hard and crunchy.

To save you from talking about how I haven't driven a car with good ABS or how old Jeeps are shit and I should get something else, these are the vehicles under my driver's belt:

1979 Mercedes [5 cyl turbo diesel]
    1989 Corolla (manual) [tiny 4 banger]
    1992 Jetta (manual) [tiny diesel 4 banger]
    1998 F-250 [5.4L V8]
    1998 Grand Cherokee [5.9L V8]
    2002 Grand Cherokee [4.0L I6]
    2006 Charger [3.5L V6]
    2006 Liberty [3.7L V6]
    2010 Mustang GT [4.6L V8]
    2010 Grand Cherokee [5.7L V8]

I've felt the ABS in most of them and hated it. I just feel that it always kicks in sooner than it really should.

15. Good point. I've never driven a jeep so I guess I shouldn't have been talkin. I think I was just really baked.

But I havent driven with ABS in years so I guess I can relate to you. I prefer to just have a barebones driving car, no traction control or ABS or anything.

16. Yeah, really when it comes down to it that's what I like too.

The Jeep's ABS system tends to come on very early and they have weak brakes as it is, so it really reduces the stopping power. A lot of people pull the ABS relay in these things to ensure it doesn't come on.

17. i h ave a 2k3 golf and i find the abs is ok in the dry but in snow id much rather not have abs. even if its not going to do me any good i want to be able to get some braking in while i slide towards that tree.

18. I live in Illinois I drive in the rain and snow. I think I'm getting an awd Subaru forester or legacy.

19. #59 AddyT420, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    The subaru's have AWD for the snow, They have a low center of gravity, the older ones are cheap, and they are reliable. Should my first car be a stick or an auto trans? My dad, who is a car guy, says go with stick, and everyone else on the family says manual.

Edit: everyone else says automatic.

20. lucky for you they re the same thing. Get a manual. also my ex had a 2k2 legacy automatic and YMMV but i hated driving that car.