My Small CFL cab with Blue Cheese and Pineapple Skunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by theratdude64, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Should I let baking soda stop fizzing?

Sent from my Galaxy S III

2. use half a teaspoon, half a lemon and 32 oz of water. stir it up well.

3. Alrighty, sounds nicer lol.

Should I check ph beforehand at all?

4. #984 b.real, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
    you could, but it doesnt matter. baking soda is a ph buffer, it holds it at ~7. thats how it cleans, neutralizes odors etc. by maintaining a healthy ph which balances out the overall enviornment.

i swear when i would use all the chemicals in my pool i could never get it just right. then my dad told me to dump some baking soda it..the ph sorted itself which sorted everything else out like a chain reaction. if there was any algae left on the liner, rubbing a cut lemon on the spots would take care of it, and it wouldnt come back becuase the pools overall health was back to normal cause of baking soda!

5. #985 biggram, Jul 12, 2013
    Lemon is a ph down, very acidic. IMO ph after you add something to water every time till you know for absolute sure that you are giving a neutral ph to you plant. I have 0 experience with baking soda and gardening so would be very informative for me to see you ph after baking soda and lemon added to you water mix. :wave:
    Don't know if you seem this or not but you might want to take a look if you haven't.
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/problems-pests-disease-control/81275-cannabis-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial.html

6. Awesome thanks for clarification and link. I've read the lock out symptoms before but couldn't find it anywhere... There it is :metal:

7. #987 b.real, Jul 12, 2013
    a little bit of baking soda isnt going to hurt. a teaspoon may have been overkill for a plant, but ive even heard of people drinking a glass of water with a teaspoon of baking soda to balance out an upset stomach.

8. So, when the time comes to feed can I use measured amounts of baking soda And lemon based on pH of the feed bottle with distilled water? AFTER feeding for a while I got wise to the fact the fox farms trio whacks out pH.

So neutralise the food, then it should eat well? Talking in the future when I do have ladies that would benefit from food, not today or anything lol

9. Shouldnt need to ph big bloom at all. Just get the soil fixed first

10. #990 theratdude64, Jul 12, 2013
    Hrm I read that tiger bloom boogers pH so the plants don't eat unless you correct ph.

11. You are right T, also their grow will change the ph of water. Yes neutralize after you add feed. It costs very little to check ph and as you already know, it can cost you your garden if you don't. Just my opinion bruh, I ph test every time right before I water or feed. Last thing I do before I put it in the plant.

12. #992 b.real, Jul 12, 2013
    That cant be true unless you overfeed. Again, try using just big bloom

I know synthetics are shitty and burn a lot easier. All nutes are buffered at ~6

13. #993 b.real, Jul 12, 2013
    Null

14. Im a sucker for cfl grows, ill be here to watch the rest!!!

15. nice man will be watching

16. I'm debating giving some of my Fox Farms Nutes to my Basil lol, it's tiny, needs a transplant, and I wanna make it huge haha.  Mostly as a playing with plants that I won't be devastated (again) if I kill em heh 

http://offbeathome.com/2012/08/how-to-grow-basil

Sounds pretty close lol

17. #1000 theratdude64, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
    Sooo... yet another sleepless night over here :( Man I can't wait till I have a crapload of Blue Cheese...

Anywho, I wanna do a hempy bucket.... with Basil haha.  I saw a thing saying that you can use plant cuttings with basil, so why not try out cloning and the hempy with one thing?  

pH wise, hempy sounds awesome.  
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98419

It says use Hydro nutes... One of my nutes specifies for soil and a different one for hydro.  I don't recall which, Grow Big I believe.  What is the difference? I can see needing the hydro one if I had a reservoir but hempy feeds soil style o_O 

edit:  Reading into it... people use the soil one fine, it just has more N so it can fry em... so dose down accordingly I guess