Oregon MMJ Cards? Clarification.

Discussion in 'General' started by freak2013, Feb 26, 2013.

1. I'm NOT a resident of Oregon or any other state that has medical cards. Have a few questions tho. I've read that Oregon does allow NON-residents to get cards, is this true? Also, I've read that a few states (AZ, RI, and Montana I believe) will accept Oregon's cards, is that true? And does anyone know the daily or buy limits for these places? Is it an Oz or 2? Can you go back more than once in a day? Thanks if anyone can clear some of this up. I know even with a card it wouldn't be legal in my home state, etc.

2. Some States (Arizona being one) allow reciprocity. All that means is that they recognize patients from other States. This does not allow the patient to purchase from Az dispensories.

Oregan does have a system to allow other MMJ patients from other States to be eligible for an Oregan card. This is from the NORMAL web site: :smoke:

The Oregon law does not include a reciprocity provision. However, the Oregon Court of Appeals has ruled (and the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program has confirmed) that patients from out of state are permitted to register with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program to obtain a registry identification card, the same as an Oregon resident, which will protect them from arrest or prosecution while in Oregon. These out of state patients are required to obtain a recommendation for the medical use of marijuana from an Oregon licensed physician.

3. The way I always interpreted the law was that AZ reciprocity meant that patients with out-of-state med cards can purchase from dispensaries in AZ. I guess I'm wrong then? A friend of mine has a Cali med card, and he thought the same thing.

Never tested it though because there aren't any solid dispensaries in Tucson with all the politicians being fucks about Federal law.. I wish they realized how stupid they look!

4. Yeah unfortunately, they may not "legally" purchase here. They can cross the border with their existing medicine though.

Green Halo South of the I-10 and Wilmot exit. :smoke:

5. I have no idea how I haven't heard of that place, thanks! If only I had a qualifying medical condition..

Edit: By the way, are people without med cards allowed to walk in there?

6. Unfortunately, no. :smoke:

7. So let me get this straight. I'm from a non-med state (south east) and I'm obviously not a current card holder. Can I apply for an Oregon card like a normal resident, and if approved, buy and use while I'm in Oregon? Is that correct? Also, can you go straight to a dispensary after you mail your paperwork in or do you have to wait til you actually have your card "in hand"? I've heard some people say all they needed was copies of their paperwork and proof that it was mailed in, but not sure which state they were speaking of.