Smoke Report - Female Seeds C99

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Shiva Blaster, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Hey, GM, I got the freebie from Attitude when I ordered my Medicine Man & Critical Mass genetics. It's called Madness from World of Seeds. Scrawny branch structure, doesn't train very well, big fat heavy dense colas at the end of each branch. Frosty to the max. Pineapple pheno just like the regular C-99.
    The REAL Matanuska TF, huh??? :hippie::cool:
    Yeah, the Madness was actually crossed with Sagarmatha's Matanuska Tundra, out of respect to the REAL legend, I just can't bring myself to say "Tundra" instead of Thunderfuck:hello:
    My wife smoked it in the early '80's in Alaska (before I knew her) & said the same... hands down the best she's ever had. She wouldn't shut up about it even after 30 years so I finally grew the Tundra for her (all I could find).
    And I grew the Medicine Man.
    And when she smoked the Medicine Man, she shut up about the Thunderfuck :D
    Not that the Matanuska Tundra from Sagarmatha is any slouch!!! I have one female of that strain grown with my MedicineMan that has sprouted a forearm sized cola; gonna take her down in 2-3 more weeks. So I'l cure it, she'll smoke it, and who knows????, she might forget about the Medicine Man:eek:

Only time will tell....

2. Hey Shiva, back again.
    The Big Bud crosses are interesting & the trick to quality of the high is it's cross partner. Sounds like the WW marriage strain you had didn't work. For years my top favored strain was a G-13/Big Bud cross; got several F2 beans from an outdoor grower friend about 10 years ago and it was amazing. HUGE producer. Really clear, almost psychedelic head high with nice body energy rushes, no paranoia, extreme sweet daytime or partytime high. Lost her to a spider mite infestation:mad:
    I'm going to try and rebuild her one day... bigger and better... faster and stronger. Going to use Mr. Nice's Critical Mass as a fem. mother; now all I have to do is find the right G-13 strain for the other parental.

Understand about not having the time to keep up with the journal thing. I've been threatening for months now to get my DIY RDWC Bonsai mother thread going . Bought the parts, did most of the building and photo work, never got the time to finish the assembly/setup, write up the project & post the thread:eek:
    Something to do tomorrow in a month or not, when there's time.

Ennywayzzzz, great to hear from you, keep up the excellent work & keep us posted. Bestaluck to ya.

3. When I Bing searched "C99 smell review" and Shiva Blaster came up, I knew what link I was going to click. I knew I was going to get straight forward, helpful, detailed information. I'd like to say you even exceeded my expectations by giving your best report yet. I'm sure it being a great strain that fits your need, was a huge part, and it showed. I was eyeballing the value priced X-line C99. I'm guessing the genetics are the same, but probably less stable with more variation. Wondering if I should just go with the better seed line. I had smoked some awesome White Widow a few months back and was thinking of that in the garden. It's a toss up between White Widow and C99, but not both. C99 is in almost every SUBCOOL strain so I know what she can do. However, Querkle made food disappear and tire me out after an hour. I've been wanting to do C99 and this just cements that idea. Thanks for sharing.

4. Hi Fellow blades,

Hey shiva, excellent report on c-99! Can't wait to try it! Wanna try the others os talked about too. I d give ya some rep if I knew how? keep up the good work! will look foward to future reviews, good growing!

5. Glad you enjoyed it....you'll love C-99 it's fantastic! :)

6. My c99 is smellinh great..lol cant wait for it to be done

7. Yup, mine took on the distinctive pineapple smell by the second week of flower......just wait till those nugs have been in jars for a while, and welcome to flavor-town!!! Mine have been curing for about 4 months now and the C99 just keeps getting stickier, tastier and trippier! :)

8. Geeezzz i wish i could smell them suckas lol

9. Well, C99 has been on my list and is finally coming to my garden. Again I did have her diluted lineage in my Querkle but now I will have her alone. (Shiva, you are a big taste and smell guy, you really should try a TGA Subcool strain, because thats what he is all about. He tends to be kinda expensive for a regular bean, but the stuff is truly art and most strains have an Indica head high with alot of influence from Jack Herrer/haze/C99. Not a cash crop.)

But with Cindy, when I hear a sativa high with haze in a 8-9 week finish, I'm sold! There are not very many Cindy strains available. I decided on four beans from the Female Seed Company "better" pheno line. I took advantage of the pick a seed and got four top shelf Widow beans from the Widow guru himself Mr.Nice. In order to get free shipping I thew in GHS, The Church, The Doctor and Nirvana's Bubblelicious. Sorry for blabing on, but I wanted to let you know Shiva, that you totally convinced me to do this sooner rather than later.

MowJoe - To give rep to a poster, you must first find any post form said person. Then in top "tool bar" border area, you might see something that looks like a Scale. Read what the pop up description says, and click it if you agree. I'm not sure if newer members can give rep right away or not.

Grow on!

10. Yall look in my journal. The last 2 updates have some purdy shots of the Female Seeds C'99, all organic, all LED. There's great pics all the way back to seed. Not trying to toot my own horn, I just love this strain. :3

11. Glad you decided to give Cindy a try! Ive looked at TGA strains before, but femmed beans are a lot more convenient for me, so I tend to gravitate to breeders that offer fems. Thanks for the recommendation though!

12. Yes, I agree Shiva, I too will be jumping on the femmed seed bandwagon. I'm already tired of wasting numerous gallons of dirt, time, money, and energy on males. However, I would love to get some pollen and make my own seeds sometime. If I get a male Black Widow, I'm going to try to get some. I'd have fun watching a homemade breed come to fruition. I think Widow and C99 would be interesting and play well together. I don't think I've seen those two combined before commercially. If anyone has seen this please let me know.

13. Excellent report. I am sold.

14. I'm almost at week three, and she smells just like fruit loops. The trich production kicked in at 2 1/2 weeks and already covering developing buds. <em class='bbc'>Very</em> impressed with this strain so far

15. yea the c99 will def be in with my
    next run again..lol
    Sent from my SGH-T959V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Happy you opted for the C99 and are enjoying it thus far.    It's a pleasure to grow as well as smoke......great structure, not finicky at all, and a solid yeilder too as the buds are very dense for a sativa.   I checked out your grow, and based on the early trich production and the pineapple fruit smell coming through very early in flower, it's safe to say you have the main pineapple pheno that I got.    The delicious smell persists all the way through the dry and cure over to the finished product......I still have a couple of ounces left, and after 6 months of curing, the whole room reeks of pineapple whenever I open my jars!   This fantastic smell is also captured in the taste which along with the high, makes it a keeper in my books!   I had one plant that has slightly looser bud structure, and that turned purple later in flower......this one has more of a grapefruit/citrus punch and is equally potent and delicious!  :)

I currently have some Female Seeds Grapefruit (a C99 cross) a couple of weeks into flower.....hope some of Cindy's wonderful traits are carried through.

17. Happy you opted for the C99 and are enjoying it thus far. It's a pleasure to grow as well as smoke......great structure, not finicky at all, and a solid yeilder too as the buds are very dense for a sativa. I checked out your grow, and based on the early trich production and the pineapple fruit smell coming through very early in flower, it's safe to say you have the main pineapple pheno that I got. The delicious smell persists all the way through the dry and cure over to the finished product......I still have a couple of ounces left, and after 6 months of curing, the whole room reeks of pineapple whenever I open my jars! This fantastic smell is also captured in the taste which along with the high, makes it a keeper in my books! I had one plant that has slightly looser bud structure, and that turned purple later in flower......this one has more of a grapefruit/citrus punch and is equally potent and delicious! :)

I currently have some Female Seeds Grapefruit (a C99 cross) a couple of weeks into flower.....hope some of Cindy's wonderful traits are carried through.
    </blockquote>
    Definitely enjoying growing her so far, as long as this smell carries on through harvest, I'll be a happy cultivator. :smoke:

May try out Female Seed's BubbleGummer next round, looks like another nice strain to try out

18. I've also grown Bubblegummer.......great strain, just don't expect the Bubblegum taste.   My only real complaint was that the strain is not very stable, I grew 3 plants on got 3 extremely different phenotypes.      All 3 yielded very well, and provided heavy harvests of yummy indica dom smoke.    All plants smelled very skunky when flowering, and only one of the phenos took on a sweet taste after a very long cure....nothing like bubblegum though. 

19. #59 BYOweed, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
    I've also grown Bubblegummer.......great strain, just don't expect the Bubblegum taste. My only real complaint was that the strain is not very stable, I grew 3 plants on got 3 extremely different phenotypes. All 3 yielded very well, and provided heavy harvests of yummy indica dom smoke. All plants smelled very skunky when flowering, and only one of the phenos took on a sweet taste after a very long cure....nothing like bubblegum though.
    </blockquote>Hm, that's a shame.

Just picked up some fem Pakistan Chitral Kush by CannaBioGen. I'm eager to give em a go

20. hey Shiva...just curious.....did you make hash with the leftovers at all ?

I ask cause my c99 has it's leaves really coated with trichs...I am at 6 weeks flowering now....By the time I chop they are going to be totally loaded I bet....

Was thinking maybe do I leave those small leaves around the buds on cause they are so covered ? Or, do I trim them, and make hash or something ?