Gateson Recko - Particle Theory Dish & Dab-Pad set

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GlassOtaku, Feb 14, 2013.

1. #1 GlassOtaku, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
    Today we're checking out an amazing, dish and "dab pad" set by the acclaimed glass artist and original "spaceman" Gateson Recko. Probably one of my all time favorite artists Gateson's talent of creating universes within borosilicate glass spheres is that of legend. Known as one of the Marble Masters Gateson has been lending his talents as a glassmaker to the functional side of the realm; making pipes, rigs, dishes, and whatever else his imagination compels him to create. Without further to do, let's check out this pair of dishes, or should I say dish and dab-pad set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dab-pad - 2012

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Particle Theory Dish - 2013

[​IMG]

This effect is created using silver and gold fuming :cool:

[​IMG]

:cool: :hello: LOOK OUT FOR MORE AWESOME GLASS RIGHT HERE ON THE GLASS OTAKU FORUM IN THE GRASSCITY POST! :hello: :cool:

BONUS! Check out this marble by Gateson Recko made in 2012 titled "Cocoon"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    big thanks to Glass Orbitz for the photos :hello:

2. his pinwheeling is some of the best ever... love it

3. Wow, that's reeally impressive.

4. Wow I'm amazed by this guys work

5. Known as one of the Marble Masters Gateson has been lending his talents as a glassmaker to the functional side of the realm; making pipes, rigs, dishes, and whatever else his imagination compels him BlackBerry to create. Without further to do, let's check out this pair of dishes, or should I say dish and dab-pad set.

6. damm i wana buy the dish n dabber sooo badd .. i wish iknew artist like these id spent racks daily lol

7. and to add some input, for a long while i had only seen gateson marbles in photos and videos.. and i never really appreciated them as much as they deserve because i just could not understand the depth and size of his "planets" that he puts into his orbs and other pieces.. until you hold one in you're hand i dont think you can truly appreciate it.. it is absolutely bonkers how ncie and detailed they are..

8. How much do these pieces go for? These pieces are designed with so much creativity

9. it all depends on the style/size but anywhere from $300 up to a couple thousand

10. I wish I had $900 to drop on one of his marbles that is for sale on another site...

11. I bet it'd be like holding outerspace! BTW. Many thanks from Hannah and I GlassOtaku.
    We love the bubbler!

12. Wow... that is amazing. I love the detail!