Best LED light search 2013

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WaxPayne, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Mars 2 is where its at 1000 watt equivelant ive seen the results personally 5 watt diodes you can customize also flower veg whetever and the best part under 400 shipped to yoyr door or hydro store if your paranoid .. . . . Not two thousand not 1200 under 400 what else do i have to say

Sent from my ADR3010 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Im with governmentcheese /\/\! 2x 300w 9 band for autoflowers gets me 12-15 oz three times a this year. Ima bout to spring for a 600w cuz my roomies movin and im doin his whole room. Gonna throw in some ss1 and medusa fems hopin for 40oz + easy. Mayb incorp my old hps when it gets freezin but im cool relying on the led for four huge bushes on a lazy susan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #44 dps123, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013

Attached Files:

4. This is a fantastic thread and I don't say that about alot of threads unfortunately lol - but seriously; I've been an avid HPS (multiple 1,000w lights running) and dammit I am just SO sick of my heat issues in the summertime - as you all know the 1K HPS lights are just big heaters. Sure - they work great but I'm sick of battling 90 plus degree temps and every year my garden suffers.

I've always (kinda) been against LEDs but it appears that they are getting better than they were several years ago? I'm seeing more positive feedback these days; which might be due to the increased wattage/chipsets? I know nothing about LEDs but would love to be talked into buying a couple of the good ones - I could always keep one of my HPS lights running and maybe put one of the big LEDs on each side of it? My flower room is around 12'X12'.

What does it cost to buy a couple of the big units? A couple thousand dollars?

J

5. #46 Governmentcheese, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013

From what I've read/seen, covering a 12'x12' area properly with LED's would definitely be in the $2k+ range especially if you go with established high-end makers like CLW or Lush Lighting. If you go with TOPled, you could probably do it for under 2k and still get 5w diodes. 4 of these would be right at $2k: http://www.topledgrowlight.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=61

You could get 4 of these 3w http://www.topledgrowlight.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=58 and still be under $1800

6. If you contact them they will give you an even cheaper price lgledsolutions look them up
    Sent from my ADR3010 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Thanks guys. Again, very nice and informative thread.

J

8. Hey jerry great to see you man :) hope the organic garden is bloomin beasts :D thanks for stoppin by the thread!

9. Are there any LEDs you recommend in the 100-200 w range.  I'm on a budget, hence self grow, as well as small space so 300 w of juice is too much.

10. Jerry my solar storm is rated or a 4'x4' floor space. I wouldn't expect it to cover more then that. The heat output is awesome. No inline supplemtal cooling for me. :)

11.  If you are on a budget, then some UFOs (90w) should work in your grow space and will be the cheapest readily available. I believe hydro grow has some low wattage LEDs in the x series , but theyre gonna cost alot.

Still lookin at the Solarstorm. These hot summers have been killing me and my ladies , hopin to own one just need to save money . I'm
    Hoping they will continue their growers feedback program throughout the years so by the time I have at least 1/2 the money, I can run tests both here and at their forum as well.

Glad the Solarstorm is still running strong for ya michigan :)

12. Love my storm but if the buyers program wasn't aroun I have gone a different direction for sure.

13. Hey any one heard of the new company truliteled.com? Great customer service from matt

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Been pulling 2-3 oz per plant with two or three plants at a time with my solar storm. I stager the plants 15-30 days in a perpetual. I just pulled 2.8oz dried off of my fruity chronic juice. Loving my solar storm!

15. You guys know that the 1W LEDS are the best choice right?   Everywhere I'm reading on this thread people are making it sound like the higher wattage LEDs are the best choice when the truth is exactly the opposite.

A 200W panel using 200x1W LEDs will outperform a 200W panel using 40x5W LEDS every time.

16. Only reporting results.

17. Its such a really very nice information about LED lights and its technology also u can define Marijuana indoor building lights or its different forms like

- 600mx LED lights
                             - 900mx LED lights
                             - 1200mx LED lights
                             - 1200mxf.jpg

I think this information help to you and also u can add this points with its descriptions on your blog or forum also u can see this link for better information about LED lights

Thanks & Regards
    ---------------------------
    SecondSunLab

18. Wish I could afford one of these leds right now. Anyone know how to get info on being a tester for one of these companies? Ive got a 17x6 grow room and I bet with less heat issues I could blow some of these hps grows away. Even the 240w hydro blackstar led I have works phenomenal for a 2x2 area

19. What size solar storm?