Grow Tent Design and Setup Questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by qedtstolam421, Feb 11, 2013.

1. - Gorilla Grow Tent 5'x5'
    - Quantum 1000w Dimmable Ballast
    - Blockbuster Reflector - 6"
    - Eye Hortilux HPS Enhanced Perf. Lamp 1000w
    - Eye Hortilux Blue Enhanced Perf. MH Lamp -- 1000W
    - (2) Titan Controls Apollo 9 -- Digital Dual Timers
    - (2) Active Air 6 inch In-Line Fan 400 CFM
    - Phresh Filter 6" x 16" 400 CFM
    - 6" Stainless Steal Duct & Hose Clamps - 2 Pairs
    - Ideal-Air Silver/Black Ducting -- 6" X 25'
    - EcoPlus Digital Therm./Hygrometer Remote Sensor
    - Grow Crew 1/8" Ratchet Light Hanger (Pair)
    - (3) 6" Clip On Fan
    - 20 lb. Aluminum CO2 Tank
    - Titan Controls CO2 Regulator
    - C.A.P. TMP-DNe Temperature Control
    - Active Aqua 100 Reverse Osmosis System

What else do I need besides buckets, soil, and seeds to start growing? How is all of this stuff connected together? I've done loads of research, but I'd like a direct sort of answer about my specifics so I know what I'm doing. This is a lot of money, and needs to be done properly and stealthily.

Do I hook up the fan into one of the ports of the tent, then hook that up to ducting internally, and hook to ducting to the carbon filter? Then what do I do with the other fan? How do I cool the lights without catching the place on fire or cutting holes all over the place? What do I do with all the included ducting?

I know it's a lot to ask, but that's why there are forums right? Especially these, so rookies can get advice from the more experienced to insure quality of growth? If someone could perhaps just draw a little paint diagram or something approximating my setup, both internally and externally, so I could get a rough idea to go by when this stuff actually arrives in the mail?

By the way, I'm living in a two bedroom apartment, so stealth is sort of an issue. Ideally this thing would be relatively all-inclusive, so that everything is inside the tent, and nothing is outside the tent, you know? Haha.

Thanks for the help err'ybody. These forums have been tremendously helpful, although specifics are a little harder to find! I'm really hoping for clarification on this, as it's all I've been able to consider for a couple weeks at this point really. HAHA! :D

IF THERE IS ANYTHING I'M MISSING OR NOT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I'm not in this to make any money or anything, I'd just like to be able to supply myself with some Grade A+ medicinal marijuana without the sketchiness or financial constraints of purchasing it elsewhere. ;) Thanks again all! Happy growing!

2. #2 qedtstolam421, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
    Intake Fan -> Ducting -> Light -> Ducting -> Filter -> Fan -> Outside

Is this correct for the lighting ventilation? Now what about the rest of the tent? Intake fan coming in from the bottom ports somewhere? Can I actually expect to cool these lights down running these fans over them? And can I simply intake AND exhaust into the room the grow tent is located in, assuming I keep the windows cracked open at all times and the room itself is air-conditioned?

Thanks all.

3. Sounds like a good setup if ur tryna grow mids...

4. #4 qedtstolam421, Feb 11, 2013
    What recommendations do you have to improve upon this setup? Like I've said, I'm completely new to this, but am only trying to learn everything I can so I do it right.

5. You serious? :confused::confused::confused: Do you even grow?

Ignore that clown, your setup looks solid.
    The only thing I would consider is a quieter fan (TD Silent series, panasonic whisperline).
    Your vent system works and is what a lot of people use.
    I believe that fan should be able to cool your tent but I don't have a 1000w setup so I don't exactly know. Check out some of the grow journals and see what they're running, and what temps they hit.

6. #6 qedtstolam421, Feb 11, 2013
    Do I need any sort of fan pulling air in anywhere else? Or are the internal fans good enough combined with the lighting ventilation to ventilation the entire tent? And you think I'd be fine to intake and exhaust into the same room that the tent is in assuming I've got adequate ventilation in the room itself?

What exactly do I do with the reverse osmosis water filter? This setup of mine is all part of one package, and I'm just not entirely sure how all the components work together.

I'm planning on growing in soil now, based on the recommendation of several people around the forums here. I think in a 5' x 5' tent with soil and SCRoG'd I can get away with 9 plants? Is this adequate lighting?

Thanks again so much for the help all.

7. And what about this Co2 tank and kit? How does this affect my ventilation requirements? ANd how does this thing even work? I understand it's advertised purpose, just not how to set it up within the tent and how it affect the ventilation requirements.

8. I think it should be enough. I can't really help you properly because my setup is much smaller than yours and I've only researched in depth enough for a grow space of my size.

I think 9 plants might be a bit much for a scrog in that area. Would be more of a SOG, but yes, 9 plants should work.

I don't use CO2 myself but I believe there's a regulator and the tank that gets placed in the tent and it regulates itself after you set it up. Assuming your grow tent is closed off, it shouldn't affect vent setup. The only change I would make when adding CO2, is to raise the temperatures to 85F~.

I had NO idea how to set any of my own equipment up UNTIL it came to my door. It's a lot easier than you think.

(but seriously, scan through grow journals with similar setups and strains!)

9. Thanks for the help!

How many plants optimum should I go with in a SCRoG of this size?

10. Personally, I would do 4-6. 1 vegged for a few months would be *optimum* (in terms of yield per plant), it really depends on your specific circumstances.

11. I prefer to go with fewer plants that I veg longer. Lately I've been doing one at a time under twin 600s. I veg the plant into a 3 foot piece of white wire shelving to produce dozens of medium sized colas. I get between 12 and 16 jars per plant. If I get pinched with one plant the cops will get laughed at.