Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed is the gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by El Chapo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. everyone says weed is bad and a gateway drug .... is that true? dont know what to believe anymore

2. R u for real bro?

3. yep 100% true man. Anyone who says it's not is addicted and needs to seek help

4. srs brahh

5. Moderation is key. Like anything in life really

6. #6 The Nickatina, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    yes just like water is a gateway tool for alcohol. never drink water.

7. It's what you make of it. It's up to you whether it's a "gateway" or not.

8. Weed is not a gateway drug.

The only reason that ever got started in the first place is because some people were after a "drug" so they can get "fucked up"

So they find some pot, smoke it, enjoy it. But get bored of the "fucked up" feeling and move onto something different or more powerful.

Basically for people who want to do "drugs" weed is sort of a stepping stone.

I know a lot of people like that.

There are also people who enjoy marijuana since the first time they try it. They don't smoke it to escape or get "fucked up" and they have NO thoughts of EVER moving onto harder drugs.

Which kind of person are you? Is the question

9. I smoked weed once and just to be safe I went to rehab the next day

10. lmfao dead

11. Tell me how many people tried weed before alcohol or tobacco.

Bet you it's about 1%

12. Alcohol is the gateway drug. It's a legal recreatio al stimulator that's in basically a lot of homes. Growing up you interact with people that drink and acting different. Ands it's always embraced. But once some people smoke and relax and talk about how corrupt this world is we're looked at as criminals.

13. Because weed is dangerous

14. Drug tests are the gateway drug...

15. Thats what i imagine the American founding fathers doing. Many of them wrote about smoking hemp, washington was involved in farming it, and a few of them even grew and smoked poppies(opium).

Alcohol is a garaunteed way to make you not give a fuck.

Those criminals and their ideas about freedom! How dare they

16. Yeah were all basically tweakers and crackheads here in GC

17. Man saying what you said would make it a gateway drug.

But I find it not to be.

18. Yeah I hear you, the point I was trying to make is that the gateway theory only came about because of people INTENTIONS. If you smoke weed just for the intention to get "fucked up" on a "drug" than there's a good chance you will upgrade to something stronger.

19. You're right, some people smoke weed to get high; I smoke it for the taste