Predict date of US Federal Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Michael, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hopefully very soon.
    It doesn't look too good over here in the UK with that shit for brains David Cameron in charge. He was suspended from Eton for smoking weed.

2. #22 zguy13, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    To me I see a huge possibility Clinton could run in 2016 and support legislation and we could see it done in 2017 pro weed is becoming the new normal. It appeals greatly to both parties who want the young vote

the fed will legalize before most states, after the fed most states will go the same way but the dumb south will lag

3. Tommorow.

Congress just passed the bill

4. Explain?

5. I believe that the feds will come to the realization that with the legalization of medical marijuana there are to be not only personal benefits to the society regarding the personal use, but also strong economic privileges as many new businesses would start to open nation-wide, as well as prohibition costs would be drastically lowered, such as spending for some ridiculous incarcination case would be non-existant.

I probably have a bias on this subject, but i honestly see no negative long term effects. And please try not goving me that "this-can-lead-to-harder-drug-usage" crap.

6. I know a bill that would allow the states to decide was introduced, but have heard nothing about it passing already, much less a bill for full legalization on a federal level being introduced and passing.

7. Within the next 5 years, hopefully sooner.

8. I'm putting my bet on 2015.

9. It's shoved pretty damn far up there, man. I seen it.

They might not be able to get it out.:eek:

10. I'll get back to you....

...I'm still looking for the "infinity" key on my keyboard...

...c'mon it's gotta be here somewhere...

11. Yes, please do, and please include the details...like how much an hour the country's top proctologists are going to charge for a mass cranial-rectal-inversion surgery attempt like that.

I'd like to know how much to make the check out for. I'm willing to bet I could get a few friends to match me on that too.

Got five on it? :D

12. LOL

that was my attempt at a joke/troll

Got a few people I see

But nah never gonna happen

13. I think that the feds will legalize after a significant majority of the states legalize it for medical or recreational use- either or.

Id call 30 states a significant majority, so maybe sometime in the next 10 years or so.

14. You should know that you can't joke about federally legal weed on a toking forum :p

15. How about fucking NEVER? I can't see the man giving up without a serious fight.

16. november 2020

17. The day after the dinosaur killing asteroid hits.

18. medical use in all states ~2015
    I don't think some states will ever allow recreational use, but most of them i'd say will be on that train by 2017

19. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr499

I have no prediction, but this bill has "6% chance of getting past committee. 1% chance of being enacted."

20. Soo can we start cannabis "speak easies" ;) hehe?

I'm guessing 2016