What strains are you growing in 2013???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by outdoorgrower1, Feb 7, 2013.

1. & gonna do a 28 pot outdoor greenhouse grow beginning in a few months

- (6) CC Tahoe OG
    - (6) CC Pre-98 Bubba Kush
    - (6) RP Kosher Kush
    - (10) BC Seed King Purple Kush

Any suggestions on the strains. I think I chose 4 top shelf ones. I was thinking of switching out the Bubba for some WiFi but don't know if it will be a similar taste to one of these other strains or if the Bubba will be better

2. ~55N northern germany, same shitty climate as netherlands

dutch passion's frisian dew:
    tried it last year, grows great, finishes by the end of september-middle of october. one of two phenos had beautiful deep purple semi-dense buds that only molded a little bit after 4 days of rain, both were pretty damn strong and trippy and absolutely delicious (fruity, flowery, piney, little bit of hash, very little skunk). I went to amsterdam for a few days this year, my frisian dew beats most of the stuff they sell there, not to mention what you can buy here. even though I have no experience at all with any other strains, I absolutely recommend this one.

sensi seeds' early skunk:
    bought it in amsterdam based on a very brief recommendation of the guy at the sensi shop. I expect it to be slightly less awesome than the frisian dew.

both early skunk and frisian dew have already been started under CFLs at the beginning of february, Ill be taking clones to plant them out in may/june guerilla style and then mostly abandon them.

dutch passion's automazar:
    seems to be one of the good autoflowering strains, will be growing 3 on the balcony, spaced one month apart to hopefully get weed through summer until the big harvest, starting at the end of june. I expect 20-40g per plant, hope I dont get one of these ridiculous midget autos...

3. Thats's going to be one awesome grow! I'll be watching if you make a grow journal. What state are you in?

I grew Bubba Kush last season and it was killer smoke and a really tough plant, but not huge yields. I love your strain list though. I would be happy smoking those strains all year long.

4. #44 CallMeCap, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    Yea I've been told that before about the Bubba yield. I'm in a hard place because they said that it was a very good smoke as well. I may change out the Bubba for the OG Rascal WiFi but still have some time to do a little more research & make a decision. I made trade it for the Headband but don't want something similar to the Tahoe in the mix.

& yep I'm def gonna make a grow journal so others can see the full potential yield of some kushes. As you can see I'm a kush lover

5. Do you have any pics & info on your bubba grow?

6. I'm goin with berry bomb(fem)pineapple chunk(fem)grape god(fem)pinewarp,egmont,bc cheese and northern lights.

7. Dutch Passion-Frisian Dew
    Mandala Seeds-Hashberry
    Sensi Seeds-Guerrillas Gusto
    Big Buddha-CHIESEL

Went with high yielders that had high THC%. Plan on picking 2 more main strains and have come down to these possibilities:

Cali Connection Seeds-OGiesel
    Serious Seeds-Biddy Early
    KC Brains-Mango
    Stoney Girl Gardens-Pit Bull
    DNA Genetics-Kushberry

Got me some of the hashberry!!! That loos like a bomb with awesome yield

8. The new seeds I've spouted are: frisian dew, liberty haze, blue rhino, blue dream, caramel ice, fruity chronic juice, white widow auto

I cloned the varieties that grew well last year which were dutch passion twilight (10 feet tall) purple haze, critical jack, and cole train (my favorite ).All these were excellent producers and easy to grow, had zero bug or nute problems.

The varieties that didn't do well were: og kush (good but didn't produce like the others), veneno (too much leaf..pain to trim), northern lights x big bud ( low producing, wide spacing x mas tree, disappointing)

Have to decide which ones should go in the greenhouse (the ones that have to go to mid october..frost protection). Michigan now allows outdoor grows without a cover now, as long as no neighbors can see it from their property, I'm out in the middle of nowhere with 40 acres, so no worries about that, so I've got some tilling & more fencing to put up, so now I can grow 72 plants!! I'm so excited. Last year I squeezed 30 plants in a 20 by 48 greenhouse because it had to be covered.

The only problem we have now in Michigan is that they outlawed dispensaries, so we can only give our meds to our 5 patients. Hopefully my lawyer will tell me my idea of a delivery service will work, or I'll be making a lot of hash.

9. wow! so many great replies! some awesome strains yall got going for the year! i wish all fellow blades the best of luck in 2013, and thanks for making this a pretty cool thread. i think it helps to learn a little about all the diff. strains we have today. keep em coming!!! :)

10. Hi, I just joined this forum. Last forum I was involved with was OverGrow guess they aren't around any more. My name on OG was Teddy B. Its been a few years since I've been able to do much of anything between going to school and getting married. I had a talk with my wife and for my pain from 3 surgeries I've had I decided pot would help more than pain meds the Dr. wants to put me on. So after years and years, its time to fire up the lab! I'm in a new house and I'll have a little work to do but I can make something happen relatively quick. Last grow I did was in a big metal supply cabinet and it worked out great at my old house with a 400w MH/HPS conversion bulb. I think I'm going to go bigger in this bigger place.

I'm really excited to be able to grow again, its been a good 4,5 years maybe longer. Last grow I did Nirvana Hindu Kush, Norther Lights, White Rhino (first order intercepted second order they all died at about 6 in.), and some Purple Urkle x Chemdawg beans that a breeder from Texas I met on OG sent me. Kush and NL produced nicely indoors, had to pull the Purple Urkle x Chemdawg early because I had no room for those in my grow cabinet under a 400w MH/HPS conversion bulb so I threw them outdoors near a family members brush pile and we got into an argument at the bar one night so I yanked them to be safe. Still got about 5 oz. dried off 4 females though, buds were just small but they were nice and frosty,

This year I am going back to what has worked for me last time- Nirvana. I'm making a list now, going to start ordering materials when I get paid in the morning and start germing some single beans I've got from bags of nuggets the past few years I kept in the fridge for outdoors random bonus plants. There are some very mean beans in this little bag, from all the best smoke I've had in the past few years.

So its looking something like this:
    -Outdoors - Random nugget sack beans
    -Inside- trying AK48, PPP for yield, Aurora Indica, and Blackberry. Thinking about ordering some NY Power Diesel its on sale, might try that too. Also kicking around Chrystal or maybe bubblelicious, I love me some afghani...I noticed they aren't selling afghani or Hindu Kush any more. I wonder why, those are my 2 favorites. Not a big skunk person so Master Kush is out for me.

I'll make some journals once I figure up my light set-up, I'm browsing for those now too. Just really feeling good this spring, can't wait to make some things happen again!

11. #51 hypercardriac, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
    My lineup.

Bomb seeds:
    Berry bomb - 5
    Cluster bomb - 5
    THC bomb - 1
    Greenhouse seed company:
    Super Lemon Haze - 5
    Sweet mango auto - 1
    Barneys Farm:
    Critical kush - 1
    G-13 haze - 1
    Buddha seeds:
    Purple kush auto - 5
    Dinafem:
    White widow auto - 1
    Dutch passion:
    Strawberry cough - 1
    Positronics:
    Caramel ice - 1
    Blue rhino - 1
    Th seeds:
    Critical hog - 1
    World of seeds medical series:
    Northern lights x skunk - 1
    Delicious seeds:
    Critical super silver haze - 1
    Caramello - 1
    Humboldt seeds:
    Og kush - 1
    Pineapple skunk - 1

30 seeds, 18 strains, 11 seed companies.. thats variety

12. Well the other great thing about Bubba is all the nugs were rock solid. A had other strains that yielded better, but they had a lot more popcorn buds adding in to that weight. Even though the bubba only gave me around a pound, all the buds were supreme quality.

And it's funny. I had buds that looked huge on my other plants but shrunk down a lot. The bubba buds hardly lost any size when drying. What you see is what you get with that strain. If you have some other heavy yielders in the mix, I'd say try bubba in there too. You can compare for yourself.

13. I'm growing some random bag seed I picked out of a half ounce I got while visiting Guatemala. Me and a friend who is also growing the same seeds call it Guatemalan Special. It was definitely the best seeded weed I have smoked. It appears to be indica dominant from the leaves but it is still early to tell.

14. I'm going with WW, tried an tested over the years, just hard to beat! Some KushCheese got from Attitude, forget the breeder?

15. KC brains afghan special , de sjamaan purple widow , female purple maroc ,female auto ak , kc brains mango , KC brains KC36

16. I hope that's the case with Holands Hope all right :) i'm over towards the uk so i have a very short, cold and wet growing season. This will be my second outdoor grow, i hope to grow hollands hope, early durban, early skunk, lowryder (just for the hell of it ;)), big bud and purple power.

after reading through this thread i'm starting to consider purple maroc aswell, got a thing for purp :D anybody ever grow it? and any suggestions of reliable seedbanks that sell the strain? any feed back would be greatly apreciated :hello:

hope it's a good season for all :smoking:

17. #57 hypercardriac, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013

18. try frisian dew, it got some amazing purple phenos, good yield, short flowering time, mold resistance and strong, smooth-smoking buds with not too many leaves, an absolutely lovely sweet perfume-like smell barely reminiscent of regular cannabis and a trippy high.

19. wow baumeister, you REALLY know how to sell a strain :D the trippy high really lures me in, been a while since i've been that high :eek: i think dutch passion does a seed pack with frisian dew, durban poison, and hollands hope - could be worth a look :cool:

@hypercardriac, cheers for that, attitude actually completley slipped my mind :smoking:

20. Thinking about starting Northern Lights for my first grow this year. Started three nice ones last year but had to leave home. So far everything this year is going shitty.