Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Turning hash oil into edible oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by psychedelicc, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Okay, I have 3gs of pure hash oil, meant for smoking. How do I make it into oil that can be digested? Should I put the hash oil in a pan with vegetable oil and let it simmer while stirring in order to melt it?

2. Actually it's a little more complex than that to get the full effect of your hash oil. It can be done but not very well in 10 minutes, otherwise everyone would be doing it. BadKittySmiles has tutorials for making oil to use in edibles. Another fairly easy way is to reconstitute the oil into an alcohol extraction and then use that to make your oil and edibles. It's not really complex and can be completed in a couple of hours.

Since I only have experience with ethanol based hash oil, I can say it's easily made into a solvent but I can't guarantee it with bho or other oils. I thiink but not sure. Give the question a while to make the rounds. There are many here who use hash oil for edibles. :)

3. What kind of oil did you use?

4. I realize this is an older thread, but below is a recent post on the same topic (ie. making edible oil using concentrates) if you still need help. :)

The first tutorial will describe how you can use heat exposure, or the length of processing, to intensify, control, and
    otherwise achieve the desired effect. Edible cannabis can be much more versatile than smoking for that reason, the effects
    are still very strain dependent, but you can take greater control over the outcome. :cool:

Just follow the concentrate tutorial, continuing as though you'd just performed the extraction from the plant matter yourself. :hello:

Just remember that dissolving in oil does not equal bioavailability! The tutorial must be continued for the best effects and
    results! Where concentrates are so thick, and concentrated, it will often take a little manual agitation (the back of a spoon
    can help) whether you're dissolving it directly in warm oil, or in alcohol for a transfer, if you don't want to be waiting around
    all day to begin the process. :p
    If you spread it into a thin layer in a pre-warmed oven safe dish, or in the smaller pot of your double-boiler pots (depending
    which heating method you're using), then add your oil or alcohol, it will dissolve much faster than a big fat glob and you can
    begin quicker.

If you're looking for a strong/narcotic experience, the first tutorial below is the one for you. :)

"Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum
    This is a tad off topic, but has anyone taken evapped qwetoh/qwiso and incorporated into hot 'vegetable' oil for edibles?

Do you think it would soften enough, or should I dissolve it in a bit of everclear and then use?"

These are the tutorial you're looking for, and yes, it can be done both ways (transfer in alcohol, or evap then redissolve in
    oil)... it's the same glandular material, it would be more surprising if it didn't dissolve in oil. :p But do keep in mind that if
    you over-soak/extract in alcohol, you may wind up with inert solids that can't be dissolved in oil and would otherwise be
    left behind in the plant matter during a canna oil extraction, so don't fret too much if you have little traces of tough solids
    that simply won't dissolve in oil regardless how you try, even with manual agitation. [​IMG]

The first goes through long/warm soaks intended to include what dabbbers may see as impurities, such as beneficial plant
    salts and chlorophyll (ideally for use in capsules... many of my own patients, no longer need to buy $50.00+ bottles of
    lower-quality chlorophyll supplements
    , now [​IMG] ), and also discusses and goes into the detail of controlling the desired
    effect provided by the meds, via the use of different temp/time exposure.... and the the second tutorial, goes through room
    temp and freezing/cold/clean extraction of golden-clear glandular material, for vaping, smoking, or for use in 'inactive'
    medicinal oils, for patients who require high doses (cancer, MS, epilepsy patients etc.) but wish to remain functional.

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears & BHO, but bioavailable & made with food grade/drinking alcohol
    )

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Medical Grade Carboxyl-Intact Cold Oil & Tincture; (THCA, CBDA, CBNA, CBGA, CBCA,
    CBDVA
    'and more': A tutorial for bioavailability, with none of those dratted 'recreational side-effects'!
    )

-Medical Grade Carboxylic Oil-

[​IMG]

A few examples of what can be done with your oil, once it's finished....

[​IMG]

I filled a clear capsule as well, as an example to show how dark the oil is once it's solid.

[​IMG]

The oil below began with a strong batch of mixed indica hash oil, cut down, to decrease and level out potency, with
    our favorite canna oil of the season made from the popcorn buds of the TRCP#3 (creating a powerful dose per cap, for
    most patients, or a three or four cap dose for myself).

Each jar and bottle below, along with a few smaller gift bags with caps and chocolates, were given to the local
    patients most in-need
    and those who had suffered the most hardship this year... enough for most to medicate daily, until
    at least spring! :hello:

[​IMG]

The easy-to-make truffles, and 'bombs'....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If melting and coating in chocolate seems like too much work :)p), here's an easy alternative. :D

[​IMG]

Sandwiches are another simple option...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pizzas are also easy... and with store-shaped dough and pre-cut toppings available nowadays, they're simple enough even for
    the most admittedly kitchen-impaired bachelor :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even spreadable cheese balls are SUPER easy! And you can make them in any size or portion you need. :)

[​IMG]

Heck, you can just go into town and grab a salad, or order the meal you like most from your favorite restaurant, and
    then spray or blend in your oil then go to town on it. :D

For more info, on 4/20/2013....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkbclJ5wZKk"]BadKittySmiles - GrassCity - Cannabis World Summit - Comment to WIN FREE SIGNED BeeLine Hemp Wick! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCwRh3SZD-w"]Cannabis World Summit & BadKittySmiles - "Sneak-Sneak Preview"! - YouTube[/ame]

I'll be going into more detail during my presentation for the Cannabis World Summit, this coming April. :yay:

(edit - Just in case anyone's interested in tuning in, and hasn't heard of the Summit just yet, you can find my bio and
    eventually the 'sneak previews' and footage from the event, here 2013 Speakers for Cannabis World Summit ....the full
    ten day event is being put on by the good folks at Leaves of Hope, up in Canada, but the event itself is free, and the
    interviews and presentations are going to be streamed, some live, starting 4/16/2013... Tommy Chong, Jody
    Emery (Marc's wife), Matt Mernaugh, Rick Simpson, Montel Williams, myself
    , & several others are currently
    involved. My presentation is scheduled to run for most of the main day, 4/20. [​IMG] )

Good luck, and have fun! [​IMG]